posted 9 days ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 8K

Posted with ToGo

Samsung SmartThings Smart Home Hub
$49.99
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SmartThings-Smart-Home-Hub/dp/B010NZV0GE

Lowest price on Amazon per CCC

• Your smart home needs a brain, so get started with a SmartThings Hub. It connects wirelessly with a wide range of smart devices and makes them work together.
  • Add smart devices and put your home to work. Choose from a wide range of compatible devices, including lights, speakers, locks, thermostats, sensors, and more.
  • Use the SmartThings app or Amazon Alexa to control your smart home. Teach your house new tricks by telling it what to do when you're asleep, awake, away, and back home.
  • Requires an Internet-connected router with an available Ethernet port Requires the free SmartThings app for iOS (8.1 or later), Android (4.0 or later), or Windows Phone (8.1 or later)
  • Please reference User Guide and Specification Sheet below under 'Technical Specifications' for instructions on how to add devices and troubleshoot connectivity issues

5 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Thanks Wookie. As a SmartThings user, I would say that their platform stability has increased to the point where I'd now recommend folks get this. You still have to be technical/a tinkerer to take full advantage.

rated:
I had my camel out for one of these to go on sale again. But recently bought a Wink Hub 1 instead.

Wink Hub 1 is cloud only unless you root/hack it (Expert). And in combination with Home Assistant I can make it do pretty much what ever you like.

Any other reason why I should have bought a Smart Things instead? At this price I would have bought a Smart Things over the Wink ($35 at the time).

rated:
Thanks, OP!

I used my Membership Rewards $25 discount for applying 1 MR point to get this plus a couple of Sharpies for $27 ($50 + $2 for pens - $25).

Membership rewards promo is covered elsewhere, so please no discussion of that here - merely pointing out this was a good use of that discount for anyone eligible that hasn't used it yet.

rated:
This is a *really* good deal and like BostonOne said, its much more reliable now and works with Alexa.

rated:
Looks like it's now available directly from SmartThings for $49.00 (listed at $99, but $50 off in cart).
https://shop.smartthings.com/products/samsung-smartthings-hub/59...

Also, $49.99 on Bestbuy.com
​​​​​​​https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-smartthings-hub-white/44707...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017