posted 1 month ago by
morecowbell
he's the brains, sweetheart 3K

as you may already know, the iconic american standard stratocaster is being discontinued. get 'em while you can!

HSS linkage

SSS linkage (3 color sunburst rosewood, available 10-23-17)

5 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I can still remember when this was the regular price. Too bad that was like 7+ years ago.

rated:
Please provide your source for that information about the Fender Strat

rated:
Sleepthieves said:   I can still remember when this was the regular price. Too bad that was like 7+ years ago.
now it's like a contest to see what you can get for under $1k. a few gibsons show under a thousand, but the ones that people want tend to be $1500 or so. paul reed smith has the s2 line, but those have imported parts.

we'll see what happens with fender. they will have something under a thousand bucks. for now maybe that will be the american special. american pro is about $1500  

rated:
morecowbell said:   
Sleepthieves said:   I can still remember when this was the regular price. Too bad that was like 7+ years ago.
now it's like a contest to see what you can get for under $1k. a few gibsons show under a thousand, but the ones that people want tend to be $1500 or so. paul reed smith has the s2 line, but those have imported parts.

we'll see what happens with fender. they will have something under a thousand bucks. for now maybe that will be the american special. american pro is about $1500  

Those PRS S2 will be nice once they stop putting 90's $100 starter guitar quality tuners on them. Might have been updated since I stopped working at a shop but man everyone I ever played had really sub par tuning stability. I wanted to like them as I think PRS are cool guitars and they S2 even sound great, but I just picked up too many with tuning issues and then even a guy from a local band I think is great was complaining about his guitar and I asked him what was going on sure enough tuning stability and this guy is playing super fast half tapping math rock lines so you can't have any tuning issues at all. I told him what was up, two months later at the next show he had a brand new Tele, lol.

I'm stunned Gibson is able to make $700 guitars here in America when no one else can but then again they aren't very nice IMO. They aren't garbage just rough around the edges (literally damn non-gloss finish chips off like crazy). If I didn't have so many guitars I would have scooped up that deal on the SG for $550 from Sam Ash. It's got those silly automated tuners but that's easy enough to replace when you get tired of them.

rated:
$550 for an SG? i gotta pay closer attention to hot deals!

i'm tempted to get the PRS s2 and just replace all the electronics, tuners, and bridge. when all is said and done, i'd still have a PRS for cheap. sure, it wouldn't have the finish and details of the cores, but it would be playable

either that, or i may do the gibson when i find a good sale. again, it would be the playability i'm in for. if the paint chips, it would just be that much less i would have to baby it!

ETA: oh, the CURRENT SG deal. checking it out now...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017