posted 1 month ago by
idusiarabinovich4

I just purchased a Belkin Wemo smart plug at my local Lowe's for $10. I grabbed the last one so definitely YMMV. advertised online at full price so link is just for reference on model.

Lowes location was Harrisonburg Va 22801
http://m.lowes.com/pd/WeMo-120-Volt-White-Smart-Plug-Works-with-Amazon-Alexa/1000069437
several comments suggest they could access the deal online with local store selected.

33 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
http://brickseek.com/lowes-inventory-checker?sku=1000069437

rated:
Thank you OP.

rated:

rated:
Would like to try one of these. They are 39.99 in my store. Thanks for the link to brickseek.com. Thats the first time I have used that site.

rated:
found then for $19.99 which is still decent

rated:
Brickseek lists 2 at a nearby store for $18 each... may go investigate.

rated:
Thanks for the heads up, just checked my store, they were on clearance for $34.99, I'll check back another day.

rated:
$18 in my parts (So Cal)

rated:
How exactly do they work with Alexa? 

rated:
whammypower788 said:   Brickseek lists 2 at a nearby store for $18 each... may go investigate.
  me too

rated:
found then for $19.99 which is still decent

rated:
When Lowes items go on clearance prices will vary store by store.  If your local areas stores prices are higher, keep checking back, many of these stores will drop their prices in the coming weeks.  
Note:  They work well but they block access to other plugs probably why they came out with new version 
Only place in CA for that price  is Menifee 1 @ $10.00    (most likely inventory error though - common on clearance items)
Found 2 more places in CA at $10 ($9.00 with coupon) Murrieta, CA and Merced, CA both have 6

rated:
Not in stock at my local store - but showed price of $10 and allowed me to place order with free delivery.  Thanks OP!

rated:
MrVietnam said:   How exactly do they work with Alexa? 

I use one of the Wemo plug for a light fixture.  I set it up via the phone app and name it.  Then Smartthing hub and Amazon Echo both see it.  So I can use either the Smartthing hub or Alexa to turn on and off the plug.  For example, if I name the smart plug as 'floor light', then I can say "Alexa, turn on floor light" and it will turn the light on for me.  (you can also turn off the light via Alexa)

With Smartthing hub, you can turn the plug on or off with event triggers or with rules that you set.  i.e.  Turn the light on when motion is detected by a separate motion detecting device.  Or turn on a fan which is connected to the plug when temperature is over a set degree or turn it off when it is lower than a set degree.

rated:
It is strange that the site lets me order from a location that has none in stock as long as I select the "ship to me" option.   Expecting the order to be cancelled, but figured I would try that to get the $10 price as opposed to paying more.   Anything over $20 isn't really a hot deal compared to sales that happen at Amazon.

rated:
I see it available in Socal (Pico Rivera store) for $10 with parcel shipping only. Free shipping with $50 purchase.

rated:
I was able to order online and it showed free 3 day shipping once I logged in. Both store pickup and ship to store were greyed out so not an option. Total cost $10.83 in Austin TX.

Thanks.

rated:
Got it for 10$ + free shipping from a store close to me in Wilmington DE. Great deal! thanks OP

rated:
15 in stock in Greece NY.. ordered 10 then a call came saying they were mysteriously gone!

rated:
My local store shows 2 in stock for $10 each. Says it was $18.
Other nearby store shows $10 was $16, and another shows they are $18 was $25.99

rated:
Longbean said:   
MrVietnam said:   How exactly do they work with Alexa? 

I use one of the Wemo plug for a light fixture.  I set it up via the phone app and name it.  Then Smartthing hub and Amazon Echo both see it.  So I can use either the Smartthing hub or Alexa to turn on and off the plug.  For example, if I name the smart plug as 'floor light', then I can say "Alexa, turn on floor light" and it will turn the light on for me.  (you can also turn off the light via Alexa)

With Smartthing hub, you can turn the plug on or off with event triggers or with rules that you set.  i.e.  Turn the light on when motion is detected by a separate motion detecting device.  Or turn on a fan which is connected to the plug when temperature is over a set degree or turn it off when it is lower than a set degree.

Other things to consider:

1)  wifi uses power.  How much power does it use by itself?  I see it can handle up to 1800Watt of power going through it.
2) constant on which means a surge can take it out too
3) Security... it's connect to wifi/web.  Easy for you can also be easy for others.
4)  risk....  with a switch, when it's off it's disconnect power so the chance of it catch fire is practically none.  But this, the components inside are using power which mean they can over heat and burn.

rated:
Can I set this to dim at fixed times? Will manually power cycling the light switch allow the light to come on at full brightness?

What's different about the newer F7C063?

Any coupons to sweeten the deal?

rated:
YMMV is important for me. Thanks OP.

rated:
Just ordered mine for $10 in Lexington, KY. Thanks OP!
[update...10 minutes later the store called and said they were out of stock]

rated:
wallyky said:   Just ordered mine for $10 in Lexington, KY. Thanks OP!
[update...10 minutes later the store called and said they were out of stock]

me too

rated:
Lowes website still says pending on my order. Anyone shows shipped?

rated:
Browse for some similar posts.This one is the best.Add Green

rated:
Can I use this with my WiFi salt shaker?

http://mashable.com/2017/05/09/smalt-smart-home-kitchen-bluetooth-salt-shaker/

rated:
Before hanging one of these off your network where it has access to all computers and smart device in your house, go out to Google and look up "wemo hacking."

http://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/53131/hacking/belkin-wemo-ha...

I would not have one of these devices in my house.

rated:
just upgrade the firmware...

rated:
Ordered 4 for pickup today at my local for $8 each. Will see if inventory is correct. Should have 4 more in Decatur, AL if correct.

Edit:  Just got the call that they cannot locate any in the store.  Order cancelled.  Well....it WAS worth a shot.

rated:
Awesome!  Picked up 2 for $10 each in Orange CT!

rated:
Ordered last 2 at $10 in my area, thanks OP!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017