$10 OFF instantly at the register a/ loading Just4U digital coupon

When you purchase a $150+ VisaŽ or Mastercard gift card. Limit 1.

$5.95 activation fee, so $145.95 for a $150 variable load gift card

Expires 9/2/17

** Even a bigger MM if you pay with a credit card that gives extra cash back/loyalty points for grocery store purchases. ++

For example, purchase with the American Express Blue Cash Preferrred Card that gives 6% at grocery stores and all of a sudden this becomes a $12.81 MM!

Better yest, purchase a Visa Variable Load card with $599 using same above referenced card or similar card giving 6% back and it balloons to a $33.81 MM!!!

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Safeway here won't let you buy variable load cards with a cc, only fixed value. I don't know if this is the policy everywhere.

rated:
macdave said:   Safeway here won't let you buy variable load cards with a cc, only fixed value. I don't know if this is the policy everywhere.
  I just bought a variable load with a credit card at Vons, part of the Safeway family of stores. Maybe different chains have different rules.

$12.81 x 2 = $25.62 MM for me (I have two J4U accounts)

rated:
It appears that you have to load this to your account as a digital coupon before purchasing.

rated:
ljderm said:   It appears that you have to load this to your account as a digital coupon before purchasing.
  That is true. You need to load a digital coupon to your account to get this offer. I edited my original post to make that clear. Thank you for the feedback.

rated:
macdave said:   Safeway here won't let you buy variable load cards with a cc, only fixed value. I don't know if this is the policy everywhere.
  Depends on who you are dealing with @ the store.  I've had mixed success @ different & same stores.  Their computer system will let you buy variable load cards with a CC.  The only thing stopping it is the checkout person.

rated:
I made two new J4U accounts using family members names. On my way home from work I stopped by an Albertsons and purchased a $500 prepaid Visa and used my Am Ex Blue Preferred card that pays 6% on grocery purchases. The $10 coupon came off like clockwork and I was able to pay with my credit card, so it came to a $33.81 MM for me!

rated:
At my local Safeway stores I can use my CC to buy those VISA/MC cards. I can even use multiple prepaid CCs to buy them.

rated:
Evidently some Visa Variable Gift Card packages are working and taking the $10 off after digital coupon, but some are not. I bought a $500 VGC with a flower on the package from Albertsons and the $10 didn't take, but then I canceled the order and went back to the shelf and bought a VGC with black packaging and the $10 came off. So if you are having a hard time buying a Visa VGC try the black packaged one on the shelf (there are probably others that work too).

Also I noticed you do not earn fuel points with the purchase of a Variable Load gift card.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017