posted 1 month ago by
EntertheDeals
Cranky Member

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/gift-cards/cat09000.cFree

$15 Savings Code When You Buy $150 in Best Buy E-Gift CardsOffer ends 8/26/17. Limit 3 per customer. You are leaving Bestbuy. com and entering a site hosted and operated by CashStar. Different terms and conditions apply.

6 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Something I've noticed recently: Gift card purchases at Best Buy earn points/spend towards their elite status. Gift card *redemptions* don't. Since this is through Cashstar, you are likely forfeiting rewards and spend towards elite status if you would have otherwise spent this money at Best Buy directly.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it... those rewards and status likely aren't worth paying 10% more. Just pointing it out.

rated:
RiteAid has $50 cards with $8 in Plenti points.

rated:

checkout (23.10kB)
Disclaimer
metsfan said:   Something I've noticed recently: Gift card purchases at Best Buy earn points/spend towards their elite status. Gift card *redemptions* don't. Since this is through Cashstar, you are likely forfeiting rewards and spend towards elite status if you would have otherwise spent this money at Best Buy directly.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it... those rewards and status likely aren't worth paying 10% more. Just pointing it out.

And a slight correction here. You do seem to get points for this. Not sure if you get spending toward Elite status, but they do ask for your reward number when you check out.

rated:
is this considered a Best Buy purchase? I am thinking of stacking amex Best Buy offer. I have observed papajohns cash star purchases billed as papajohns purchases, got cashback from BOA amerideals twice.

rated:
nothing now?

rated:
nortotron said:   is this considered a Best Buy purchase? I am thinking of stacking amex Best Buy offer. I have observed papajohns cash star purchases billed as papajohns purchases, got cashback from BOA amerideals twice.
I don't think it will work for the Amex offer. The terms specifically exclude e-gift card purchases, probably because it's CashStar not Best Buy. The pending charge on my amex shows as Bestbuy CASHSTAR EGIFT. I've already used up the offer on the card, otherwise I'd have been able to tell you definitively. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017