Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 21, 2017 @ 3:59am
rated:
Great find

rated:
I don't understand. What on earth is this? So many people are praising it in the reviews.

It just looks like a program which automatically sets things your phone already does. In which case, the app seems troublesome as it adds another variable to your phone potentially having issues. It doesn't seem to give any real benefits other than following set commands. 

Anyone mind explaining why this app is good?

Is this just for lazy people who are so lazy they can't be bothered to raise their volume when opening a music app or something? 

rated:
That's exactly what it is. It automates tasks. Not useful for everyone, but some people will find it useful for their repetitive needs.

rated:
This is one of the very few apps I actually paid for. I don't use it for a lot or to its full power right now, but here are some examples of what I've done with it:

• Turn up the media volume and turn down Bluetooth volume whenever I open a map app, so if I'm making a call the map directions don't talk over my call
  • Turn down the system volume when I plug in headphones so I don't get blasted when a text comes in
  • Set the phone to silent during specific hours (other apps will do this)
  • At one point I was using it to start a particular app at a certain time when it wasn't starting on its own.

It happens to be that I'm mainly using it for specific types of volume control, but that is only one of countless things this app can manage. I've had Tasker for years and through several different phones, and I don't remember anymore what I wanted to do originally that I couldn't do another way. But for people who want to personalize phone behavior in specific ways, it's a great tool.

rated:
Llama is similar - not as powerful as Tasker but I think for majority of people, it will suffice - and it's free.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017