posted 1 month ago by
chapmanra2013
Senior Member - 1K

Verizon Wireless has the Belkin Miracast Video Adapter for $19.99 shipped (reg $59.99). Other sellers have it priced at $36 or more.   

Note: Price is discounted in cart!

9 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
The price is $59.99. How do you get it for $19.99?

rated:
Just add it to your cart. The $19.99 shows up at checkout

rated:
3 year old device, it had quite a few issues that shelved it to the back of the utility drawer. When compared with the likes of a chromecast, the chromecast can generally just do more. The delay is pretty deadly, so this makes its uses limited to things I do not have to interact with. Miracast support is pretty sedentary. There is no group of people working days or weeks to iron out that compatibility issue you found.

On the other hand with a chromecast using the cast desktop feature, you get pretty much do all the same things except that I at least knew the cast desktop feature is likely to work. They both don't handle streaming video real smooth when used like this in which case using the cast to feature of the chromecast will yield a much better experience.

So as a wireless hdmi they both handle about the same but chromecast has way more support. As a movie over wireless the chromecast is much better.

rated:
It only mirrors up to Windows 8.1
This may be why it is on sale.

You can mirror to a PC with an HDMI input.

rated:
Miracast is os agnostic, it will work on any os and hardware that supports miracast. Unless you are Amazon in which case you some how successfully f'up your miracast support on a certain HDMI stick.

rated:
$20 for 5 year old tech or beer and Johnsonville Brats with potato buns. Hmm..

rated:
Fire up that grill!

rated:
I bought one of these a month or so ago and tried it. It appears Google has disabled Miracast in the past 6 months in their Android updates..

rated:
jmace57 said:   I bought one of these a month or so ago and tried it. It appears Google has disabled Miracast in the past 6 months in their Android updates..
  Miracast is available to Android device makers, but Google discourages it and has disabled it on their devices dating back to the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9.

Sony, Samsung, and others continue to offer Miracast. It remains an optional part of AOSP.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017