https://www.freedompop.com/offer/prepaysimpromo3-6m?

Try FreedomPop for FREE with a 1-mo trial. After your first month, do nothing and continue to save hundreds each year with Unlimited Talk, Text, and 2GB LTE for only $12.99/mo (billed every 6 months). Cancel anytime. 30-day money back guarantee. 

Features:
•    1-mo free trial
•    30-day money back guarantee
•    No contract. No commitment. Cancel anytime.
•    Works on Nationwide 4G LTE Network
•    Compatible with most unlocked GSM phones
•    Free unlimited calling & texting between FreedomPop Phones
•    WiFi calling and texting from anywhere
•    Get a new phone number or keep your own
•    Free international calling from over 60 countries
•    FreedomPop service currently only supports Android and Apple devices running Android 4.0+ and iOS 7.0+
•    Sim ships activated

13 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 24, 2017 @ 11:12am
rated:
 Unlimited Talk, Text -- ONLY BETWEEN FreedomPOOP Phones? Then fix the title

BOOOOO!

rated:
UGH I've had FreedomPop for 2 years and all I can say is SCAM SCAM SCAM!! Go with Mint - truly unlimited data for a reasonable price and SMS/voice that isn't subpar.

rated:
invisible said:    Unlimited Talk, Text -- ONLY BETWEEN FreedomPOOP Phones? Then fix the title

BOOOOO!

I really think you misread the deal. For $13 a month you get unlimited talk and text plus 2GB of LTE data. The "Free unlimited calling & texting between FP phones" applies to all their plans. Thus the reason for the word "free".

rated:
Posted by gperkins - 18 hours ago

UGH I've had FreedomPop for 2 years and all I can say is SCAM SCAM SCAM!! Go with Mint - truly unlimited data for a reasonable price and SMS/voice that isn't subpar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I have both MintSIM and FP, and I'd really like to know how to get "truly unlimited data" from MintSIM.

Please share.

rated:
Compared to FreedomPop, it's simple.  Use up your data limit with Mint and see if you get charged for going over.  In my case, when I go over my limit, I still get data and I don't get penalized or charged extra for using that data.

If you're question is with throttling LTE, then that is a different question than what was asked.  As throttling is an aspect of many unlimited plans that can cost nearly twice as much (at minimum) as Mint. 

rated:
So your definition of "truly unlimited data" is "a limited amount of 4G LTE data, which, once exceeded, is replaced by GPS or EDGE data at no additional charge".

Got it.

rated:
Nearly all carriers have this rule.  Unlike FreedomPop (which I was comparing Mint to as a reasonable alternative to price for unlimited data).

rated:
Be careful. I signed up for their "free trial" yet they kept trying to charge me even though I had already switched to their free plan. Good thing I used a card with the Reserve feature. Very unscrupulous company.

rated:
It's a great price. I went over once on free plan & was charged $15.

rated:
iLetTheDogsOut said:   https://www.freedompop.com/offer/prepaysimpromo3-6m?

•    Free international calling from over 60 countries

I'm curious about the free international calling from over 60 countries.  Do you have a reference for that?  Did I miss it in the link you show?

rated:
Man! - Trying to read FreedomPop website is agony...

What happens with this plan if you go over the 2gb limit?
Do they charge you n cents per mb?
What is that charge?

or does it just stop your data until the next month?

What is the "Premier" add on they try to foist on you? does it really allow for 20gb of rollover?
What are the terms and definitions of "rollover"

Can you get a similar deal but for more than 2gb - what would it be with 4gb for example?

Does this sim work without using their "app" i.e. just normal cell phone service - with text, mms and data - no goofy apps to make it work?

You can't get any answers from the web site????

Thanks for any info anyone can provide...

rated:
Tellow has worked out for me, worth paying a little to avoid the aggravation. So simple and easy to mix and match plans and paygo for $8/mo. I'm super light user and never hit my 200MB LTE cap so can't even check the 2G unlimited after that. If I can' have free R+ this is the closest thing to it except they seem much more transparent. 

rated:
They will charge you for a bulk of extra data, I think @ $15.  It's too much of a hassle for me to manage data.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017