Posted with ToGo

AT&T Prepaid - Apple iPhone 6 4G LTE with 32GB Memory Prepaid Cell Phone - Space Gray
$199.99
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-prepaid-apple-iphone-6-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone-space-gray/5838550.p?skuId=5838550

Keep your contacts and important documents close at hand with this Apple iPhone 6, which connects with iCloud to share documents and information with your computer. The slim design of this phone doesn't skimp on features while being heavy on style. Internal storage of 32GB on this Apple iPhone 6 lets you hang on multiple playlists.

41 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 20, 2017 @ 8:37am
rated:
 Can I get this phone, take the SIM card out of my AT&T iPhone 6 with a weak battery and put it in it and use it on my post paid plan?

rated:
Yes you can.

rated:
Why not just get your old battery replaced?

rated:
Can I buy this phone and get it unlocked to use it on other carrier?

rated:
IMShopoholic said:   Can I buy this phone and get it unlocked to use it on other carrier?

Used to be possible. Not anymore.

rated:
What are other options to Unlock and how much the unlock price?

rated:
The SE is also available for $149
SE is the size of an iPhone 5, but guts of an iPhone 6

rated:
It has internals of a 6s. I have been using since early May 2017, when AT&T Prepaid started selling it for $200. Good phone.

rated:
Any idea if this will work on Cricket as is? Cricket is owned by ATT and uses their network.

rated:
nortotron said:   
IMShopoholic said:   Can I buy this phone and get it unlocked to use it on other carrier?

Why? AT&T stopped giving out unlock codes? Or is it specific to this device? Thx

rated:
It should work att to cricket, but not the other way around

rated:
  An Apple Store MAY (I say May).. be able to unlock it for you

rated:
WalterGuy said:   Any idea if this will work on Cricket as is? Cricket is owned by ATT and uses their network.
  I'd say yes. I got an iPhone 6 plus that had a att SIM card. Put the cricket card in it and it worked. fine.

rated:
FatWKing said:   
nortotron said:   

Why? AT&T stopped giving out unlock codes? 

I believe so.

rated:
FatWKing said:   
nortotron said:   

Why? AT&T stopped giving out unlock codes? Or is it specific to this device? Thx

Yes. Now they only unlock devices that qualify as per their terms and reject rest. Unlocking new phone by removing sim before powering up no longer works.

rated:
nortotron said:   
FatWKing said:   
nortotron said:   

Yes. Now they only unlock devices that qualify as per their terms and reject rest. Unlocking new phone by removing sim before powering up no longer works.

Thank you. I wasn't aware of this. Last week, I bought ATT LG Phoenix 3 and got the unlock code via eBay for $2. I am glad I went the eBay route instead of the old ATT route. Will be careful now buying ATT stuff unless I know i can get the code cheap on eBay.

rated:
Does this come with service or do you have to buy service from Verizon in addition?  I know it says "pre-paid" but I don't know if that means the phone only takes pre-paid plans that are not included or that the plan is included.

EDIT: Whoops, I meant to put this on the Verizon thread.  

rated:
Price was reasonable. looks good.

rated:
Thanks OP. In for one.

rated:
duplicate

rated:
eddot98 said:    Can I get this phone, take the SIM card out of my AT&T iPhone 6 with a weak battery and put it in it and use it on my post paid plan?

I just got one of these delivered today. I added it directly to my POSTPAID account and it was shut down within 2 hrs by AT&T. I have to send copy of receipts to someone in the "prepaid support" department there and they will DECIDE if I can continue to use it.

rated:
MisterEd said:   
eddot98 said:    Can I get this phone, take the SIM card out of my AT&T iPhone 6 with a weak battery and put it in it and use it on my post paid plan?

I just got one of these delivered today. I added it directly to my POSTPAID account and it was shut down within 2 hrs by AT&T. I have to send copy of receipts to someone in the "prepaid support" department there and they will DECIDE if I can continue to use it.

Same here, but I was able to email the BB receipt while the ATT agent was on the phone and they took off the restriction.

rated:
robby69 said:   
MisterEd said:   

Same here, but I was able to email the BB receipt while the ATT agent was on the phone and they took off the restriction.

They activated mine at the time of my initial call and told me to send in the receipt "as soon as possible."  Did you get a confirmation of receipt of the email you sent?  

rated:

rated:

They activated mine at the time of my initial call and told me to send in the receipt "as soon as possible."  Did you get a confirmation of receipt of the email you sent?  

No, I emailed them while rep was on the phone.  She put me on hold and went to get email with the BB receipt attached, came back on and said to turn my phone off for 3-minutes and turn back on and I would be good to go.  Also apologized for the inconvenience, since I have 5 phones on our family plan.  I went thru by dialing 611 on my the suspended phone. 

rated:
manuvns said:   unlock here https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Grrr.. will try later, maybe its not in their system yet?

Device unlock portal Thank You for Submitting a Device Unlock Request:
The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T Wireless phone or tablet.
Please re-enter the correct 15-digit IMEI number for your AT&T Wireless phone or tablet. You can obtain the IMEI number from the wireless phone by dialing *#06#.

rated:
Can anyone recommend a reliable website or eBay vendor to get this phone unlocked? I would really appreciate.

rated:
Kindly update if any one able to unlock the phone through any vendor. Thanks

rated:
Just pay for 6 months & unlock free.

I put a new Freedomop LTI 99 cent sim in my SE & it works fine, comes with a free month from FP. Runs on ATT. SE is a 6s in a 4 body.

rated:
pacificgrovecity said:   Just pay for 6 months & unlock free.

I put a new Freedomop LTI 99 cent sim in my SE & it works fine, comes with a free month from FP. Runs on ATT. SE is a 6s in a 4 body.

Almost.  An SE is a 6S internally with a 5S body (4" screen).  The 4/4S had a smaller screen at 3.7" and did not support LTE.

rated:
MisterEd said:   

Just bought the SE for $149 at BB.   Brought it to a AT&T corporate store (not an authorized retailer) had them activate it and put in a new sim for free.  Thought I would avoid this hassle, but alas I was wrong.

2 hours later the phone direct dialed to AT&T security hotline.  I chatted up the rep about what went wrong in the process and here is the rub:

• The phone is coming up STOLEN to AT&T
  • Best Buy is suppose to scan the IEMI at checkout and that notifies AT&T that it's been sold.
  • Maybe when activated with Pre-Paid SIM the IEMI is not required to be scanned by Best Buy

So if you want to avoid this hassle make sure you ask Bestbuy to scan the IEMI in at the time of purchase (if this is even possible).

rated:
quaters said:   
MisterEd said:   

Just bought the SE for $149 at BB.   Brought it to a AT&T corporate store (not an authorized retailer) had them activate it and put in a new sim for free.  Thought I would avoid this hassle, but alas I was wrong.

2 hours later the phone direct dialed to AT&T security hotline.  I chatted up the rep about what went wrong in the process and here is the rub:

• The phone is coming up STOLEN to AT&T
  • Best Buy is suppose to scan the IEMI at checkout and that notifies AT&T that it's been sold.
  • Maybe when activated with Pre-Paid SIM the IEMI is not required to be scanned by Best Buy 

So if you want to avoid this hassle make sure you ask Bestbuy to scan the IEMI in at the time of purchase (if this is even possible).

Best Buy just screws this up all the time. 

You can take care of this yourself. After purchase, e-mail attprepaidsupport.com
Have your phone number be the subject line.  Include a picture of your receipt and include your IMEI number.
They will send you a text that device restrictions have been lifted.
Once I e-mailed, I got the text within a half hour.

rated:
Deal is over. Price back up to $289.99, on sale for $10 off the normal price of $299.99.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   Deal is over. Price back up to $289.99, on sale for $10 off the normal price of $299.99.
  Says $139.00 now.

rated:
pacificgrovecity said:   
MrVietnam said:   Deal is over. Price back up to $289.99, on sale for $10 off the normal price of $299.99.
  Says $139.00 now.

The iPhone 6 shows $289.99, the iPhone SE is $139.00.

rated:
Corporate AT&T Store had these for $199, regular price, on Friday.

rated:
ellone said:   
You can take care of this yourself. After purchase, e-mail attprepaidsupport.com
Have your phone number be the subject line.  Include a picture of your receipt and include your IMEI number.
They will send you a text that device restrictions have been lifted.
Once I e-mailed, I got the text within a half hour.

Could you give the complete email address? I searched and searched, and some say they don't do customer service by email, and no email address is published.
Thanks!

rated:
Had the phone on Tracfone using the AT&T network for a day, and then got disabled remotely by AT&T. I talked to the AT&T support guy and he said only Tracfone can help since my number was with Tracfone. Tracfone of course cannot unlock an AT&T phone. Any solution other than returning it to Best Buy?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017