Best Buy has 32GB Apple iPhone SE AT&T Prepaid Smartphone (Space Gray) for $149.99.
Shipping is free, otherwise free store pickup is available if stock permits.

31 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 20, 2017 @ 8:42pm
rated:
Good deal.

rated:
The obvious question, can this be used on Ring+, er, I mean Ting, or Tello?
(after I get ATT unlock it).

rated:
They also have the AT&T Iphone 6 32GB for $199

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-prepaid-apple-iphone-6-4g-lte-...

rated:
RaoMonger said:   The obvious question, can this be used on Ring+, er, I mean Ting, or Tello?
(after I get ATT unlock it).

I thought ATT closed the unlock loophole...

rated:
should be ok on Cricket

rated:
Whoaaaa does this work on cricket?!!

rated:
so for $150, i get SE or for $199, but iphone 6 with ATT prepaid and can get into ATT regular plan later on?

rated:
Watch out - some best buys aren't scanning these as sold into Att's system so you run into problems. Mine worked fine initially with my old Att prepaid sim card, but it stopped working. I have to go into an Att store to get it sorted out since I can't remember my pin.

rated:
dontcare4myname said:   so for $150, i get SE or for $199, but iphone 6 with ATT prepaid and can get into ATT regular plan later on?
  6 Months paid before you can unlock.

An SE is a 6s but in a 4 body. 

cables are $2 now.

rated:
SE is iphone 6S in body. 

Good deal OP.

rated:
Last month, I bought 3 of these from Best Buy and activated them all on my existing  Cricket lines.  All three were brand new. No problems at all.

rated:
popeye68 said:   SE is iphone 6S in body. 

Good deal OP.

yep. the SE is better hardware (except the screen) for less money than the 6. better camera, better processor

rated:
thanks,a great discover

rated:
I purchased this phone a week ago and had no trouble transfering my old Tracfone number to the phone with a new Tracfone nano sim.
I am coming from a Windows phone. I initially thought it to be too small, but now I have adjusted and even with an Otto Box commuter case 
it's easily pocketable. It's very responsive with a very good camera. It's nice to have a phone where everything "just works".
Highly  recommended! The only issue I had was a little difficulty getting the sim drawer open. I wasn't pushing hard enough or straight enough.
A this price I may purchase another for a backup. The sacrifice in size is worth the extra performance and much better camera than what the  Iphone 6 offers.
I purchased an Otto Box Commuter case and a Zag screen protector and am loving the total package. No problems with the phone and very good battery life.

rated:
This phone comes with 32GB. How many GB does the operating system use? Will I have a lot of room left for apps, pictures, and videos Will it be sluggish?

I am a longtime AT&T Prepaid customer and am thinking this would be a great replacement for my old Windows phone (Lumia 640).

rated:
MrVietnam said:   This phone comes with 32GB. How many GB does the operating system use? Will I have a lot of room left for apps, pictures, and videos Will it be sluggish?

I am a longtime AT&T Prepaid customer and am thinking this would be a great replacement for my old Windows phone (Lumia 640).

OS uses probably 5-10GB. I'm using this and have PLENTY of room for apps and photos. It's not sluggish at all - it has the same guts at the 6S.
Be aware that Apple is coming out with some new phone(s) in a week or two, although likely nothing near this price. 

rated:
MrVietnam said:   This phone comes with 32GB. How many GB does the operating system use? Will I have a lot of room left for apps, pictures, and videos Will it be sluggish?

I got the 32Gb iPhone 6, wanting the larger display, spending the extra $50. Afaik both use the same IOS 10.3.3.
Btw I'm also coming over from a Lumia 640--nice hardware, but terrible (and shrinking) app support.
I installed a number of apps on mine, including many not available in a Windows Phone, or else no longer supported. Like Snapchat, JazzRadio, and many others.
Looking at Storage & iCloud Usage in settings, I've used 6.85Gb and have 21.27Gb available on the phone, and 4.85Gb available in my 5Gb allotment (free) on iCloud.
Currently I only have 4 photos saved on the phone, no music, and no videos. So doing the math, I'm guessing the OS uses only about 4-5Gb. The rest is apps (~6.5Gb in my case) and the other stuff you asked about.
I'm going to load up lots of music files and photos soon, but videos are things I typically stream vs. store. I'm pretty confident I won't miss the ability to insert a cheap microSD card.

My iPhone 6 seems every bit as speedy as the Lumia 640, if not more so. But the iPhone SE is supposed to have an even faster processor, so that might be a plus for you.
I'm using my iPhone 6 with Cricket on the $35/mo. auto-bill plan, replacing the Lumia 640.  I ordered a nanoSIM from Cricket (cost $10) instead of trying to "cut down" the old Cricket microSIM to fit.  Keeping it along with an extra Lumia 635 as "emergency backup phone"..

The only downside with my iPhone 6 vs. the Lumia 640 is battery life--I need to remember to charge my iPhone 6 nightly, or even before then if I'm watching movies, etc.  Not sure if it's any better with the SE.
Otherwise, it's been great having stable, well supported OS and apps that actually work, plus lots of cool Apple-only perks that I'm still learning!

rated:
I was able to unlock the phone using the iSIM:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iSIM-Unlocks-any-iPhone-INSTANT-iPhone-U...

Fairly painless process. Popped in the AT&T SIM and set up the iPhone by activating it all the way through. I didn't need to add a plan. Having done that I used the iSIM with the T-Mobile sim and it worked fine.

rated:
What's the difference between the prepaid AT&T iphone SE at $149 and the prepaid Simple Mobile and prepaid Total Wireless each at $129 other than the carrier and the color? If I wanted to use iSIM to unlock, shouldn't I just go with either of the iphones advertised at $129 rather than the AT&T?

rated:
music4u4 said:   I was able to unlock the phone using the iSIM:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iSIM-Unlocks-any-iPhone-INSTANT-iPhone-U... 

Fairly painless process. Popped in the AT&T SIM and set up the iPhone by activating it all the way through. I didn't need to add a plan. Having done that I used the iSIM with the T-Mobile sim and it worked fine.

Those kind of 'unlocks' are only temporary and easily fixed when apple updates their OS. (or so I hear)

rated:
Would I be able to use this with my regular AT&T plan?

rated:
yep. as long as your sim fits, ATT doesn't care.

I've also generally found when switching phones that ATT will give me a sim free of charge. YMMV of course on the free part. Worst case is $10 i think for a sim charge.

rated:
rglim said:   What's the difference between the prepaid AT&T iphone SE at $149 and the prepaid Simple Mobile and prepaid Total Wireless each at $129 other than the carrier and the color? If I wanted to use iSIM to unlock, shouldn't I just go with either of the iphones advertised at $129 rather than the AT&T?
  You can use it with the Simple Mobile phones

rated:

rated:
Down another $10 now to $139.99. Unfortunately only 14 day return and that's the only period their policy says they will price match to themselves in.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-prepaid-apple-iphone-se-4g-lte...

rated:
KKDowing said:   should be ok on Cricket
  I'd say this is a STEAL if it works with cricket.. 
You can get unlimited text/calls + 4 gb data for $35 from Cricket. (Need auto credit card monthly payments set up)..

rated:
It works on Cricket, and requires a nanoSIM from them.

rated:
Would they price match for those of us that paid $150?

rated:
UkeDoggie said:   It works on Cricket, and requires a nanoSIM from them.
  Is swapping phones on Cricket as simple as pulling the sim from my Iphone 5s and inserting it in the Iphone SE?

rated:
jschuman said:   
UkeDoggie said:   It works on Cricket, and requires a nanoSIM from them.
  Is swapping phones on Cricket as simple as pulling the sim from my Iphone 5s and inserting it in the Iphone SE?

Not sure, because I ordered a new nanoSIM from Cricket, entering my current phone number of a Lumia 640 (using Cricket microSIM) in that $10 order.

I do know that for Windows Phones (Lumias), it *was that simple*--just take the Cricket microSIM used in a Lumia 620, insert in a new unused GoPhone Lumia 640, and presto, you're all set.

rated:
does work for me. thanks.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017