posted 1 month ago by
Z31k

Beginning, August 16, 2017, customers who sign up for new DIRECTV NOW can receive an Apple TV (4th Generation - 32GB while supplies last) for $0 when they pre-pay 3 months of DIRECTV NOW service. 

· DIRECTV NOW offers over 120 live channels and more than 20,000 on demand shows and movies that are available right now.

· The Apple TV for $0 device allows you to stream to your big screen TV or watch on your favorite smartphone, tablet, or laptop.

https://www.directvnow.com/accounts/create-account;agentsso=DoybMtGfjKbv43cfdN8YzvixTBRlxVzqohqn9b3E%2FQRv94HCgyVAvG7ps5G3oDER 

*att employees, opinions are my own..

14 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: Edited to clean link. — Aug. 19, 2017 @ 9:21am
rated:
Hmm. I signed up 2 weeks ago and got a Roku device for 2 months prepay. Would loved to have Apple TV.

rated:
Can you record like a DVR somehow? How much is the monthly cost?

rated:
2cheap2eat said:   Can you record like a DVR somehow? How much is the monthly cost?
  No DVR function.  It is mentioned as something they wish to offer at some time in the future, but it is best not to count on this anytime in the near future if at all.

They have a number for tiers from $ 35 to $70 per month, more expensive tiers have more cable channels like BBC World news channel appears only in the $60 and $70/month level.  In many areas they have NBC and ABC local.  They don't have CBS in any location.  HBO, Cinemax and Stars are available at and extra $ 5, $5 and $8/month respectively added to any tier.   You can watch on Mac, PC's, ROKU, Android and IOS devices, Amazon FireTV and Apple TV.   It is not available on Chromebooks.  It only supports computer playback on MacOS and Windows Chrome, not Safari, or other browsers.   It was super buggy in early 2107 crashing often, it is much more stable now but not perfect.  

rated:
they've announced that CBS and DVR are available but i didn't see an exact date.

rated:
Z31k said:   Beginning, August 16, 2017, customers who sign up for new DIRECTV NOW can receive an Apple TV (4th Generation - 32GB while supplies last) for $0 when they pre-pay 3 months of DIRECTV NOW service. 

· DIRECTV NOW offers over 120 live channels and more than 20,000 on demand shows and movies that are available right now.

· The Apple TV for $0 device allows you to stream to your big screen TV or watch on your favorite smartphone, tablet, or laptop.

*att employees, opinions are my own..

mention 3 months of prepay in ur title so people dont waste their time clicking. will u.

rated:
Please update the title to clarify 3 months of prepay required.

At this point, service is poor - stutters too often (especially for popular channels), making it unusable. I consider my 3 months prepay completely wasted - rarely watched it. YouTube TV was smooth and much better (streaming quality wise).

rated:
Don't see Apple TV option on the website, only for Roku. You have direct link?

rated:
dtatha said:   Please update the title to clarify 3 months of prepay required.

At this point, service is poor - stutters too often (especially for popular channels), making it unusable. I consider my 3 months prepay completely wasted - rarely watched it. YouTube TV was smooth and much better (streaming quality wise).

The exact opposite for me.  A lot of factors are involved, internet speed (300 Mbps for me), your wifi device, etc.

My DIRECTV NOW service has been incredible!  Crystal clear picture without much of any hiccups.  

rated:
frugalpete said:   they've announced that CBS and DVR are available but i didn't see an exact date.
  They have announced an agreement with CBS for local affiliate streaming in 25 metro areas on all tiers.   They didn't give a start date for those areas.  CBS Sports network will only be available on the top two tiers which are 60 and 70 dollars a month.   I can say none of the CBS channels are available right now in Los Angeles.    

It should also be noted that they have some on demand content that can be played anytime.    

The cloud DVR feature was mentioned as in development.  I would assume that like the on demand versions of content they provide, that cloud server will not support skipping, fast forward through, or any alteration of commercials, you will just have to sit through them.   

Unlike a lot of cable packages the service works on your devices outside of your home, all the content, not just some channels.  However, I think that access to "local channels" is tied to the location of the device receiving the content.    So if you live in Los Angeles you will get all the stations, but if you are visiting North Dakota you aren't going to be able to watch NBC on your iPhone.    I assume the ND folks can see NBC when they visit Los Angeles.   I don't know what happens when you go outside of the US.   The service seems to access the GPS on my phone, I suppose you could block that and use a US metro VPN to get access.    

They also only allow two devices simultaneously to access the service.   You can install on as many as you like but only two at a time can access. A consideration for families.  This may also impact cloud DVD (like a two tuner DVR).

rated:
Google TV might be a better option if you can get it. But no Apple TV app - you need to do Airplay from an iOS device.

rated:
Just tried to sign up and only see the Roku offer for 2 months prepay.  Looks like the Apple TV offer has already expired
I had to sign up for the free trial before I can see any special offers...didn't go for the Roku offer, so ended up with the 7 day free trial only.
Will try with another email when there's another Apple TV offer.

rated:
The offer is only available over the phone or in-store.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Account-Management/DIRECTV-NOW-Offers-...

rated:
Just tried the link using Chrome. Deal is still alive.

rated:
Sdeout73 said:   The offer is only available over the phone or in-store.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Account-Management/DIRECTV-NOW-Offers-amp-Promotions/td-p/5193139

This is inaccurate as I just tried the OP's link for signup and it offered me the Apple TV or Roku for $0.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017