Posted with ToGo

TCL - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV Roku TV $369.99 at  Costco (Member Price)

https://www.costco.com/TCL-55"-Class-%2854.6"-Diag.%29-4K-Ultra-...

Watch shows with the enhanced clarity of 4K Ultra HD on this TCL LED TV. Its Ultra HD technology delivers lifelike images and accurate colors, and it has a dual-band Wi-Fi and Ethernet port for connectivity. This TCL LED TV provides access to streaming services, gaming devices and other accessories via its easy-to-use interface.

2868 Views
18 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 20, 2017 @ 8:41pm
rated:
Same price on Amazon.

rated:
I'm looking at the specs at TCLUSA.com comparing this 55S403 against the specs for the 55S401 now selling at Walmart, the thread for which is getting so much green. Flipping back and forth between the specs sections of the respective webpages, the only difference between the two are hyphens and spaces. So, what are the differences?

If none, then isn't this the superior deal?

Oh, I found one difference on the Costco website: "The estimated delivery time will be approximately 7 - 10 business days from the time of order." So, joy slightly delayed.

55S401 
55S403 

BTW, I searched Amazon and did not see a 55S403 for less than $478.  No 55SW40x for less than $399. So, unless I missed something (always a possibility) I'm not sure what the red was about.

rated:
will probably pick on of these up today from BB. thanks

rated:
A plus for Costco is that they offer double the manufacturer's warranty and their concierge service, if needed. If you use a Costco Visa, you get an extra 2 years on the warranty.

rated:
moorekatz said:   A plus for Costco is that they offer double the manufacturer's warranty and their concierge service, if needed. If you use a Costco Visa, you get an extra 2 years on the warranty.
  Is this the current Costco Citibank Visa you are talking about?  If so, where do you find such info on extended warranty?

rated:
ljderm said:   
moorekatz said:   A plus for Costco is that they offer double the manufacturer's warranty and their concierge service, if needed. If you use a Costco Visa, you get an extra 2 years on the warranty.
  Is this the current Costco Citibank Visa you are talking about?  If so, where do you find such info on extended warranty?

  Just found all that confirmed on their web page when looking at the TV.  I was signed into my Costco account though.

rated:
Note that this is their old TV and not the new one (TCL P607) that is getting all of the great reviews.....just an FYI, it still seems like a very good value.

rated:
and in case you haven't heard and holding out for bigger P series. It's not happening now. quote TCL cancels one of the year's best TVs in 50 and 65 inches
The Chinese TV maker's P-series Roku TV earned our second-highest rating of 2017, but it'll only be available in one size: 55 inches. You're welcome, VIZIO. https://www.cnet.com/news/tcl-cancels-one-of-the-years-best-tvs-...
I'm off to take a look at BB showroom now for the P55 TCL.

rated:
yeah. I have the P series 55" and its an awesome TV $599 at Costco and elsewhere.

rated:
dbrons said:   yeah. I have the P series 55" and its an awesome TV $599 at Costco and elsewhere.
  I didn't even think COstco carried the latest P series. I'll try there with my new Citi card for double warranty. Normally I wouldn't sweat extended warranty but there have been reports of problems early on. Not sure I want to join costco unless they have it in stock. BB returns is only two friggin weeks. I saw it in the showroom up high and last in line so got a poor signal. I schooled the blue shirt gal and she dismissed cnet reveiw. However she came back and was impressed that it does Dolby vision afterall. I'm nervous it might sell out with no P65 on the way. I was going to hold out for BF but it's already a bargain at full price, if you get a good one. 

rated:
All I know for sure is mine has great picture quality. Stunning on some of the 4k and dolby vision stuff. If you're concerned by reports on AVS I wouldn't give too much weight to those reports. Lots of guys there buy a new TV and then look for perceived "flaws" return the TV and take home another one. It occurs there on every new highly touted TV.

rated:
Seems to be OOS at Costco.com already

rated:
Bought one off of Amazon for my kid's room. They have an old 47" sharp & it's so big that I'm always worried about it falling off the wall on one of them. I don't care much about the reviews because that's a bargain for the price. My kids aren't going to notice anything but the huge TV.

I also got the 3 year protection plan for about $20 through square trade. Not sure how well square trade works but I'll chance it for $20.

rated:
I've got the previous 55" version. Picture and Roku features are awesome. It has an annoying habit of the volume locking once a month or so. The numeric indicator will go up and down but the volume doesn't change. Have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working again. Other than that it's been solid.

rated:
tyrene1234 said:   Bought one off of Amazon for my kid's room. They have an old 47" sharp & it's so big that I'm always worried about it falling off the wall on one of them. I don't care much about the reviews because that's a bargain for the price. My kids aren't going to notice anything but the huge TV.

I also got the 3 year protection plan for about $20 through square trade. Not sure how well square trade works but I'll chance it for $20.

  
Squaretrade is solid.  Have used them for many years.  Claims are online and easy in my experience.

Does the Roku TV behave similar to a Roku?  I am assuming it is running the same or very similar software version.  Can anyone comment?
 

rated:
yes, and the tcl remote is basically a Roku remote. The remote works great btw. really responsive

rated:
Got one this past Black Friday at Target. The volume is low (had to get sound bar) but otherwise the TV has been great.

rated:
OOS

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017