posted 1 month ago by
arla
Dismembered Member

B&R model U122SP-4.

This bag has been been around for a while - the first price I saw posted for it was $220.  I just spotted it for $169.97 in a warehouse and decided to pick one up.  At checkout it was only $99.97.  While nominally part of Briggs & Riley 's Baseline collection, reports are that this bag has been made specifically for Costco.  It does not have an expansion gusset.  It does have a tiny suiter built-in, and only part of that is removable.  It generally feels like a small 22" bag - its volume is less than that of other spinners I've used and certainly less than that of 2-wheel bags I've used.  So I'm not yet recommending the bag.  But the price is spectacular for B&R.

9 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Great deal. I love B&R bags. Can you provide Costco item number?

rated:
Costco item #1096291

rated:
Was there a coupon to bring it down to $99?

rated:
Large storage space!

rated:
If it is "made for Costco" does it still have a lifetime warranty?

rated:
HideAndSeek said:   Was there a coupon to bring it down to $99?

No. The shelf tag and the register were not in agreement. It just rang up at 99.97.

rated:
ablang said:   If it is "made for Costco" does it still have a lifetime warranty?
  According to both the box and the tag on the bag, yes.

rated:

rated:
SkyFwd said:   https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Softside-Spinner-Carry-On.product.100344004.html
  That is a different bag. They are similar-sized, but the features, hardware, and warranties are very different.  In one of the flyertalk threads, someone speculated about them coming from the same factory.  I can imagine that, but there are enough differences that I would not bet on it.

The two common things that stood out to me: both use similarly-heavy wire for part of the internal frame, and both use particularly heavy main zippers.

But... the plastic frame bits supporting those wires are very different. The grab handles are not just of different cosmetic styles - they are of very different construction - one has a bolted on handle and one has a soft strap handle with elastic pull-backs.  The B&R bag's trolley handle assembly is external to the bag v. internal.  The B&R bag has smoother-rolling wheels, perhaps because they use better bearings.

And the features are different: the Costco bag has an expansion gusset; the B&R bag does not.

Given the warranty, the quality of the wheels, and them being the same price, I'd take the B&R bag.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017