Posted with ToGo

Oregon Scientific AW131 Grill Right Wireless Talking BBQ Oven Thermometer
$17.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oregon-Scientific-AW131-Grill-Right-Wireless-Talking-BBQ-Oven-Thermometer-/222427482710

• Digital LCD screen with remote wireless probe to identify temperature/readiness of meat
  • Speaks in five languages with corresponding display (English, Spanish, German, French, Danish)
  • Sensor has temperature range from 32°F to 572°F
  • Programmable entrée programs include beef, lamb, veal, hamburger, pork, turkey, chicken, and fish
  • Four doneness selections include rare, medium rare, medium, and well done
  • Two verbal and three audio alert options let you know the status of your meal?almost ready, ready, and overcooked
  • Audio alarm sounds when selected temperature is reached
  • Main unit will receive the probe signal from up to 330 feet away
  • Stainless steel probe detaches from sensor for easy cleaning
  • Low battery indicator
  • 6 inch probe with 40 inch wire
  • 2 AA (main unit) and 2 AAA (transmitter), included

3 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Reminds me of an episode of the Drake and Josh show.
Drake and Josh get arrested because the Gary Coleman Grill/MP3 players were stolen.

(While in a holding cell)
Josh: I don't belong in prison, I'm on the honor roll!
Drake: I tried telling them, but they didn't believe me!
Josh: I DON'T BELONG IN PRISON! PRISON IS FOR SCUM AND LOWLIFES!
{looks at mean-looking people}
Josh: Except for you guys. I'm sure you are very wonderful people! OH LET ME OUTTA HERE! I HAVE A PIANO LESSON!
Scary guy in jail: Give me your shoes
Josh: I'm not giving you my shoes
Drake: Josh, give him your shoes!
Josh: BUT THESE HAVE SPECIAL ARCH SUPPORTS!

rated:
It's $17.99 on Amazon with 3 stars out of 5 out of over a thousand reviews with 29% giving it 1 star. 2 star is 9%. Most say probe is bad and goes bad in a few weeks.

rated:
FWIW, I use several of these wireless thermometers in our smokers and I have tried a LOT of brands. This one doesn't look good. I have given up on Maverick - their probes are terrible.
My current favorite is the one from CampChef  https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-LTRM-Wireless-Thermometer/dp/B0... . They did a complete redesign a couple of years ago and it has the best probe I have used. Reviews on Amazon lump old and new design together, so its hard to see the difference, but I the newer design is vastly improved. It is far from perfect, but the best I have used. If someone has used a better one, I would love to hear about it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017