posted 28 days ago by
timswim78
Handsome Member

VM originally offered this deal to those who bought a new iPhone from them. They are now opening the deal to anyone who brings an eligible iPhone. The details are here:
https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html

"Not quite ready to upgrade to the newest iPhone? No problem. Bring your unlocked iPhone to Virgin Mobile, transfer your number and discover why life’s better in the Inner Circle! For a limited time, you’ll get 12 months of unlimited service for $1, as well as amazing Virgin Perks, featuring exclusive access to deals and discounts from your favorite Virgin brands."

137 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
about time

rated:
Does it tell when this offer will expire? Thought to wait for the new IPhone to come to the market next month.

rated:
"The promotion will be available "for a short period of time""

I'd say at least a month.

rated:
Wow, now this looks like a hot deal...

rated:
I thought Virgin Mobile runs on Sprint network? So my unlocked iPhone 6 from T-Mobile (GSM) will work on Virgin Mobile network (CDMA)?

rated:
Thanks. I have the sim cards coming.

rated:
Is there a way to make this work if i don't currently have an active number? Any thoughts on easiest way to get a 'temporary' number to port in?

rated:
can i cancel after the promotion period?

rated:
What’s the point when you can get T-Mobile unlimited for $40 flat a month..

rated:
$1 vs $40???

rated:
I have Sprint and I am out of a contract .. its not clear if I can switch to this after porting out my number.

right now it says not eligible (possibly due to the phone currently being active on Sprint)

it doesnt say anywhere if Sprint iphones are excluded.

rated:
i check my clean Sprint iphone 6, it let me order the sim card

rated:
i Have been with Verizon for a while. not sure if my phone is unlocked. How do i check that out?
How is Virgin Mobile service in Ny=NJ area.
Is this $1/month or $1/12months?

rated:
$1/12 months

rated:
Hi. My Tello phone shows ineligible. What step/s should I take to make it work.
Thanks

rated:
Thanks s deal I s for people who switch from a non-Sprint provider. So you'd need to have a phone not currently active on the Sprint network, and also have a number to port that is not on the Sprint network.

rated:
cli168 said:   $1 vs $40???
  $1 vs $480

rated:
anybody know how fast the sim card will come?

rated:
i believe Verizon iPhone 5s and up are unlock, not sure about other Verizon phones

rated:
madameboba said:   Hi. My Tello phone shows ineligible. What step/s should I take to make it work.
Thanks

is it an iphone? has to be an iphone

rated:
"Transfer your number to get your first 12 months for only $1—and just $50 a month after that." "No need to worry about long-term obligations or hidden charges. We like to keep things simple."
Any way to do this without an active phone number?

rated:
thanks OP .. SIM on the way!

rated:
I would need to buy an iphone for this offer -- there are thousands for sale on eBay.

Does somebody here *know* [rather than just speculation] the basic specifics for eligibility for this offer ?
GSM or CDMA ?

Among these previous carriers, assuming phone is now unlocked and has clean IMEI, which are most likely/least likely to work for this deal:
Verizon ?
Sprint ?
AT&T ?
StraightTalk ?

Thanks for any light you can shed on these questions -- and big thanks to OP for this thread !

rated:
Inner Circle Compatible iPhones

These iPhones work in the Inner Circle, but fill out the order form below to make sure your device IMEI number is eligible to transfer.

iPhone SE
iPhone 6
iPhone 6s
iPhone 7
iPhone 5s
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 7 Plus

rated:
gently said:   I would need to buy an iphone for this offer -- there are thousands for sale on eBay

Does somebody here *know* [rather than just speculation] the basic specifics for eligibility for this offer ?
GSM or CDMA ?

Among these previous carriers, assuming phone is now unlocked and has clean IMEI, which are most likely/least likely to work for this deal:
Verizon ?
Sprint ?
AT&T ?
StraightTalk ?

Thanks for any light you can shed on these questions -- and big thanks to OP for this thread !

safe bet would be iphone from verizon, as they are unlock

rated:
Flot said:   Is there a way to make this work if i don't currently have an active number? Any thoughts on easiest way to get a 'temporary' number to port in?

Buy a 99 cent FreedomPop Sim & it comes with a number?

rated:
FreedomPop runs on Sprint. IF I ported out from FreedomPop on to Virgin Mobile, would this still be considered as eligible?

rated:
no

rated:
What is the cheapest way to a get MVNO phone number? I could then transfer that to Virgin.

rated:
Maybe you can get a Google voice number for free then pay $3 to unlock it?

rated:
is it gonna make us do a credit pull ?

rated:
can anyone post the iphone model number that seems to work ?

this sounds too good to be true , but it would be nice to know the "got ya's" before transferring a number

or going out and buying a cheap iphone that I cannot use......

Anyone go to a Virgin Mobile store and get it done there ?

rated:
What is the easiest way to port out of Sprint on a line not under contract, and then over to VM?

rated:
I have an AT&T phone with a Straight Talk plan. When I go to transfer to Virgin Mobile, I get the "well that's unfortunate..." message. But, in theory, my phone must already be unlocked if I was able to move from AT&T to Straight Talk... I think???

rated:
my phone is iphone5 and is not eligible, and my wife's is iphone6s and eligible. Thinking I buy a new SE/32GB@279 for me and use my wife's BYOD to virgin and get into this deal.. Thinking twice to pull the trigger.. any tips
Signal/coverage is what I'm worried off - especially coming from verizon.. Northern NJ

rated:
not necessary.  Straight Talk uses all carriers' towers.  the sim card kit has different sim cards for different carriers

rated:
SaulHudson said:   I have an AT&T phone with a Straight Talk plan. When I go to transfer to Virgin Mobile, I get the "well that's unfortunate..." message. But, in theory, my phone must already be unlocked if I was able to move from AT&T to Straight Talk. .. I think???
  st and att uses the same tower
you can request att to unlock the phone.

rated:
Anyone having luck so far? I'm porting out my google voice number with an Iphone 6. It shows as elligible, but when I enter my address info to order the card I get this message "Oops. That didn't work. Please submit again" Already tried twice and still no luck so far.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017