Found this Apple iMac Refurbished version on DailySteals at cheapest rate (under $300) and thought to share with you guys.
It is an older model with great features. Comes with free wired keyboard and mouse.

18 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 22, 2017 @ 11:07pm
rated:
I would not trust this site to buy anything...not a thing

rated:
Bad site man, you'll be sorry

rated:
misterphillip said:   I would not trust this site to buy anything...not a thing
  why? share with us your experience

rated:
Buyer beware:
core 2 duo is an older machine with cpu benchmark around 2000. This unit is from 2009.
MORE IMPORTANT: Apple sourced Ltec brand capacitors for this vintage.
The power supply on my 27" iMac just died. It's only a few dollars for the replacement parts and a little know how to replace the caps but otherwise cost prohibitive to replace the power supply.
New all in one PCs aren't that much more expensive and you get new hardware.

rated:
Doesn't even support the current OS. Spend a little more and get something useful.

rated:
mainomega said:   Doesn't even support the current OS. Spend a little more and get something useful.
  It does support the latest OS, Seirra and will support High Sierra  coming in September.

It is a late 2009, still an excellent computer and will do anything 98% of users need. Most people use thier computers for internet & email with a bit of photo use and watching videos. This computer will do all of those fine.
It works fine with Apples ecosystem, perfect for someone with an iphone or iPad.
I would bump up the ram from 4GB to 8GB.  Very easy and will cost about $15.
Unlike curent models, this has a built in DVD/CD reader/burner, a built in SD card slot. It is a very reliable model. About the only repair ever needed is hard drive and that is easy to do.

An excellent value for $319

rated:
This is an old computer, but not bad. My only word of caution about old Apple computers is that while they will last you longer (in general) than a PC, once time is up for it, time is up. I have a Mac Mini from roughly 2004/2005, which was fine until about 2012 or 2013, then Apple stopped releasing updates and in turn a lot of software (including every web browser) stopped releasing updates and even though the computer itself works perfectly fine, it is unusable for anything but offline functions like Microsoft Office since nothing on the internet will work... even though the hardware (which isn't even capable of being upgraded, at least not easily) is really technically capable of handling it. Comparatively, an old Windows computers can handle lots of progressive hardware and software updates and as such, I'm running Windows 10 perfectly smoothly on a 14 year old HP computer that was the cheapest one I could find at Circuit City when I bought it with just a few upgrades along the way. Just a "so you know" type of thing, I have a very strong preference for Apple computers over anything running Windows, but Apple computers will definitely become useless when their time is up and it will sneak up on you when you least suspect it.

Now, as for Daily Steals . Well, I do have some thoughts on them. I've had two experiences with Daily Steals . The first one, I bought a meat thermometer. I was sent a fake costume jewelry "diamond" brooch. The second experience I had was with a "guaranteed authentic" Apple lightning cable. In the words of those online clickbait articles, "you'll never guess what happens next!" (But you probably know.)

rated:
I have one of these systems.  Cracking the case to add memory and replace the HD is non-trivial.  That said, I agree still a very viable computer.

rated:
juser said:   I have one of these systems.  Cracking the case to add memory and replace the HD is non-trivial.  That said, I agree still a very viable computer.
  Ram is extremely easy to add....remove door on the bottom (one #2 phillips screw. there will be 2 empty slots (there are 4 slots), simply insert ram and replace door.
Replacing a hard drive takes 10 minutes. Lots of youtube vidieos on how to. You will need a torx screwdriver.
Anything built from 2012 up, ram is not upgradable and hard drive is very difficult to replace.

I've sold 100's of mac computers over the last couple years. Late 2009, 2010, 2011 are typically very reliable and a great value for most people. Centainly most small offices don't need anything more powerful.

rated:
Actually it is simple to crack the case. I replaced the hard drive and recently soldered five new capacitors to the failed power supply.
As far as obsolescence, I installed Linux Mint 18 operating system and It runs fairly well. Then again I got this rig for free so it owes me nothing.
I don't love Mac or Windows.
I love Linux. And it is free!

rated:
juser said:   I have one of these systems.  Cracking the case to add memory and replace the HD is non-trivial.  That said, I agree still a very viable computer.

That isn't exactly the problem, the problem is that (at least in my experience) Apple will simply not allow you to upgrade the software if they feel your model is too old, even if your hardware has been upgraded and is capable. My Mac Mini, for example, had been upgraded on the memory and had sufficient hard drive space to install whichever OS was released around 2012 or so (when I could no longer upgrade), and had all of the technical requirements, at least according to the Apple requirements, but when trying to install it it told me "no" simply because it didn't meet their model number requirement. I would guess that there are workarounds for that, but I never figured them out.

rated:
bad company. YES my experience.

rated:
sdskees said:   This is an old computer, but not bad. My only word of caution about old Apple computers is that while they will last you longer (in general) than a PC, once time is up for it, time is up. I have a Mac Mini from roughly 2004/2005, which was fine until about 2012 or 2013, then Apple stopped releasing updates and in turn a lot of software (including every web browser) stopped releasing updates and even though the computer itself works perfectly fine, it is unusable for anything but offline functions like Microsoft Office since nothing on the internet will work... even though the hardware (which isn't even capable of being upgraded, at least not easily) is really technically capable of handling it. Comparatively, an old Windows computers can handle lots of progressive hardware and software updates and as such, I'm running Windows 10 perfectly smoothly on a 14 year old HP computer that was the cheapest one I could find at Circuit City when I bought it with just a few upgrades along the way. Just a "so you know" type of thing, I have a very strong preference for Apple computers over anything running Windows, but Apple computers will definitely become useless when their time is up and it will sneak up on you when you least suspect it.

Now, as for Daily Steals . Well, I do have some thoughts on them. I've had two experiences with Daily Steals . The first one, I bought a meat thermometer. I was sent a fake costume jewelry "diamond" brooch. The second experience I had was with a "guaranteed authentic" Apple lightning cable. In the words of those online clickbait articles, "you'll never guess what happens next!" (But you probably know.)

Fortunately it has Intel hardware and chipset so can run Windows or Linux if you want to be able to use a reasonably modern browser and other software.  Since their conversion from PPC to x86 architecture, Macs are basically high end PCs running a proprietary Unix called Darwin (based on BSD) which consumers know as OSX.

Have you tried installing Chrome?  Much better than the backwards Safari shipped with OSX.

rated:
'Til the day I die????  Paul Rodgers shops here, I guess??

rated:
I believe this is from the era that had a problem with a yellow tint at the bottom of the screen.

Apple used a gold color mylar tape strip to reflect the heat from the bottom backlight. Over the years, the heat disintegrates the tape, and the gold color foil sticks to the light diffuser panel. That creates the yellow tint.

So-called "high end" Apple couldn't use a plain silver color tape that would reflect a neutral color. No. They had to use a fancy gold color tape.

rated:
Pauldow said:   I believe this is from the era that had a problem with a yellow tint at the bottom of the screen.

Apple used a gold color mylar tape strip to reflect the heat from the bottom backlight. Over the years, the heat disintegrates the tape, and the gold color foil sticks to the light diffuser panel. That creates the yellow tint.

So-called "high end" Apple couldn't use a plain silver color tape that would reflect a neutral color. No. They had to use a fancy gold color tape.

No
There are no widespread or common screen issues with the 21.5" iMac. The screen has been very reliable, no dead pixels, stays bright & clear, no off color tints.

Someone panned this deal because of an issue they had with a much older mac mini, someone panned it because they had an issue with a 27" iMac.
Not the same. This model has a reliable record, still runs current & will run the upcoming software, and is more powerful then most people need.

I can't speak for the sellers rep, have not dealt with them. I expect your credit card would protect you if there was an issue. 

rated:
peas said:   
sdskees said:   This is an old computer, but not bad. My only word of caution about old Apple computers is that while they will last you longer (in general) than a PC, once time is up for it, time is up. I have a Mac Mini from roughly 2004/2005, which was fine until about 2012 or 2013, then Apple stopped releasing updates and in turn a lot of software (including every web browser) stopped releasing updates and even though the computer itself works perfectly fine, it is unusable for anything but offline functions like Microsoft Office since nothing on the internet will work... even though the hardware (which isn't even capable of being upgraded, at least not easily) is really technically capable of handling it. Comparatively, an old Windows computers can handle lots of progressive hardware and software updates and as such, I'm running Windows 10 perfectly smoothly on a 14 year old HP computer that was the cheapest one I could find at Circuit City when I bought it with just a few upgrades along the way. Just a "so you know" type of thing, I have a very strong preference for Apple computers over anything running Windows, but Apple computers will definitely become useless when their time is up and it will sneak up on you when you least suspect it.

Now, as for Daily Steals . Well, I do have some thoughts on them. I've had two experiences with Daily Steals . The first one, I bought a meat thermometer. I was sent a fake costume jewelry "diamond" brooch. The second experience I had was with a "guaranteed authentic" Apple lightning cable. In the words of those online clickbait articles, "you'll never guess what happens next!" (But you probably know.)

Fortunately it has Intel hardware and chipset so can run Windows or Linux if you want to be able to use a reasonably modern browser and other software.  Since their conversion from PPC to x86 architecture, Macs are basically high end PCs running a proprietary Unix called Darwin (based on BSD) which consumers know as OSX.

Have you tried installing Chrome?  Much better than the backwards Safari shipped with OSX.

I've never used Safari at all, I typically use Firefox. It stopped working shortly after Safari stopped working. Chrome did work... until about a year or two ago, then they stopped supporting it too.

rated:
sdskees said:   
 I've never used Safari at all, I typically use Firefox. It stopped working shortly after Safari stopped working. Chrome did work... until about a year or two ago, then they stopped supporting it too.

That's too bad.  Try Linux on Mac
http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/how-install-linux-on-mac-36...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017