posted 23 days ago by
holybaker

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1337788-REG/acer_dt_b5aaa_004_aspire_xc_desktop_computer.html 
• 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7-6700 Quad-Core
• 8GB DDR4 RAM | 2TB Hard Drive
• Intel HD Graphics 530
• SuperMulti DVD Burner
• 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet
• HDMI | USB 3.0 | USB 2.0
• Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

7 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 22, 2017 @ 7:27pm
rated:
seems like a decent deal . why the red ?

rated:
freedealjunkie said:   seems like a decent deal . why the red ?
  Merchant isn’t in the title 

rated:
why the red?
First and foremost is acers reliability. Being frugal is good, being cheap to the point of being unwise is bad. I guess if you view computers as completely disposable there might be merit to buying Acer . But there is a very good reason they are not used in industry or in government. (although their monitors aren't too bad because monitors ARE considered disposable.

2nd stupidest configuration of any system on the planet. Horrible motherboard with mediocre chipset disguised by a good proc. SLOW AS HELL HD disguised with a fast proc. integrated graphics with good proc. And even that good proc is one and a half generations old. Large (and previously mentioned slow) instad of ssd or 2 smaller faster hd's ran as RAID. A computer isn't just what proc it's marketed with. This is really one of the stupidest configurations on the planet.

Third, again Acer  reliability

rated:
harrisonh said:   why the red?
First and foremost is acers reliability. Being frugal is good, being cheap to the point of being unwise is bad. I guess if you view computers as completely disposable there might be merit to buying Acer  . But there is a very good reason they are not used in industry or in government. (although their monitors aren't too bad because monitors ARE considered disposable.

2nd stupidest configuration of any system on the planet. Horrible motherboard with mediocre chipset disguised by a good proc. SLOW AS HELL HD disguised with a fast proc. integrated graphics with good proc. And even that good proc is one and a half generations old. Large (and previously mentioned slow) instad of ssd or 2 smaller faster hd's ran as RAID. A computer isn't just what proc it's marketed with. This is really one of the stupidest configurations on the planet.

Third, again Acer  reliability

good info .. thanks .. how did you figure out the motherboard and the mis-connfiguration  ?  Asking so I can check for future deals.

rated:
Acer  is the only brand that comes with an international warranty, Acer is the largest computer seller in the world and as someone who has worked in the industry for more than a couple decades, there is no issue with Acer quality, now a lot of these intel based motherboards are crap, and I’m not a big fan of these slim line pc’s 

rated:
harrisonh said:   Horrible motherboard with mediocre chipset disguised by a good proc. SLOW AS HELL HD disguised with a fast proc. integrated graphics with good proc. And even that good proc is one and a half generations old. Large (and previously mentioned slow) instad of ssd or 2 smaller faster hd's ran as RAID. A computer isn't just what proc it's marketed with. This is really one of the stupidest configurations on the planet.

The CPU is definitely fast, as harrisonh stated -- the CPU Passmark rating for it is: 10036.
(Usually for budget machines you'll be looking at around...5000-6000, I think?)

Of course, as harrisonh points out, there are other aspects of a system to consider, like the 5400rpm drive which, as stated is slow -- one would like 7200rpm at least, if not an SSD.

More stats: https://www.cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-xc-780-w-core-i7-6700-...

rated:
 Of course, as harrisonh points out, there are other aspects of a system to consider, like the 5400rpm drive which, as stated is slow -- one would like 7200rpm at least, if not an SSD.

More stats: https://www.cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-xc-780-w-core-i7-6700-3-4-ghz-8-gb-2-tb/specs/

the spindle speed is put out there as a marketing gimmick, the aspect of mechanical drives that actually matters is seek time 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017