posted 21 days ago by
tomdc

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/08/t-mobile-galaxy-note-8-bogo-deal-september-1-leak/

Price $960 each plus tax. As with the S8 BOGO will require 2 lines until the rebate Mastercard comes within 8 weeks. Should be able to clear $500 off the 2nd phone on eBay

In store I was told the 1st one will come with a free 256gb card and perhaps other gear.

also:

One other detail worth noting is that, according to the leaked documents, this deal is retroactive for pre-orders. This means that customers that've already pre-ordered a Galaxy Note 8 on EIP can take advantage of this dea

16 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 21, 2017 @ 2:28am
rated:
No need to sell on eBay for $500. Can save money on listing fee by selling to local buyers on CL.

rated:
Hopefully, not as hot a deal as the Note 7 was.

rated:
I still have my Note 4 and it's gonna keep kickin' for years.

rated:
verizon has half off with trade in

rated:
sandrockx said:   verizon has half off with trade in
  UP TO half off...64GB Note 5 is getting $142 for the trade in.

rated:
Question for the experts - I have the "Simple Choice North America 6GB Family Match" plan with 2 lines for $80.00. I will be upgrading from my Note 4 on its last leg. The other phone on my plan is the nemesis - iphone. If I go for this deal, I will be asked to change the plan and add a line, which will result to $140.00 per month. It doesn't make sense, per my math, to go for BOGO deal - for me that is. Am I missing anything?
PS: I intend to only use one Note 8. If I go for this deal, I will probably sell the 2nd Note 8. 

rated:
Not surprisingly, you must have T-Mobile service on both phones for 24 months or you have to pay for any remaining balance:

"If you cancel service, remaining device balances are due."

EDIT: What this means exactly I am unsure of.  Seems if you cancel and pay off both devices you're still getting one free....interesting!

rated:
Any credit card deals out there to sweeten this deal?

rated:
What about existing customers? Is addition of a new line mandatory? I have 3 lines already on tmobile one plan and dont want to add another one. i got the 3rd line because of some offer they had few months ago.

rated:
kdn102 said:   Any credit card deals out there to sweeten this deal?
  The best I could come up with is a YMMV Amex offer for 10% off of your phone bill...I added it to my card and sure enough, after the order, I got the email notification about using the offer.

rated:
Tax on the full purchase price is a killer.

rated:
Anyone able to do this at Costco?

rated:
isdpe said:   Question for the experts - I have the "Simple Choice North America 6GB Family Match" plan with 2 lines for $80.00. I will be upgrading from my Note 4 on its last leg. The other phone on my plan is the nemesis - iphone. If I go for this deal, I will be asked to change the plan and add a line, which will result to $140.00 per month. It doesn't make sense, per my math, to go for BOGO deal - for me that is. Am I missing anything?
PS: I intend to only use one Note 8. If I go for this deal, I will probably sell the 2nd Note 8. 

I have Simple Choice UNL TT+D and was told I do not qualify for this BOGO.

rated:
Just be aware that Tmo is very picky about their terms and will deny you with any excuse. The catch is that if anything isn't completed or correct you will be unable to "fix" it because the application window will be closed. (this is why I did the S8+ deal through Samsung instead of Tmobile)

Going through Tmo -- you need both lines attached to a number (but you don't need to actually use it) - you need to pay taxes and keep both on payment plan until the rebate card comes in. You can then use the rebate card to pay off one of the devices and have a little left. If there is a "new line" requirement you need one of the two phones linked on that number. As soon as you get the card you can drop the additional line if you want.  When you APPLY for the rebate make SURE you get a "receipt" with a confirmation number for the REBATE portion.  No receipt, no money.

You can also just use the rebate card for something else, and keep making payments on the phone for two years. (it is 0% interest)
--
I had to go back and forth with Tmo on my first BOGO and still never got it because they claimed they didn't get my application. (even though I did get all the other stuff like GEAR and a smaller rebate card) Second "free upgrade" took 2-3 calls to get that one months later -- they gave me an account credit that paid my bill for almost 4 months.

Samsung?  I did the initial paperwork and 6 weeks later a refund appeared on my credit card. No muss, no fuss and no required payment plans.

They don't have a decent offer for the Note8 yet. However they do have a factory unlocked version for the same MSRP you pay at a carrier so its a wash.

(standard disclaimer: I used to work for Samsung Mobile, and currently work on the AT&T cell network -- last job was similar but on T-Mobile network)

rated:
RedWolfe01, do you think that there will be a Galaxy Note 8 BOGO directly from Samsung anytime soon? I don't want to give up my SImple choice plan to go with the T-Mobile version. 

rated:
My Note 8s came on Friday. Had to search around for where to apply for the rebate, but once I did it was painless. All of the info is taken from your account. So far I have not gotten the tracking ID via email, so be sure to print the page out (or write down the ID) after applying!

Rebate info is in the FAQ on the Note 8 pre-order landing page:
https://www.t-mobile.com/devices/samsung-galaxy-note8 

And it says:
How do I redeem this promotion and when will I receive my rebate?
You will need to pay any applicable device taxes at time of purchase for each device.
Complete the rebate at: https://promotions.t-mobile.com within 30 days of second device purchase.
Enter the Promo Code 17SAMN8BOGO and enter all requested information.
Within 6-8 weeks, you’ll receive a prepaid MasterCard® for up to $930.

FYI: the PIN requested is the last four of your SSN.

The free camera or microSD card can be found here:
freebie 

If you are claiming less than 5 freebies, it looks like you must use the app.  It shows up under My Promotions on the navbar.

Edit: correction on freebies.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017