Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 25, 2017 @ 4:56am
rated:
This looks like a great deal. Are there any drawbacks I am not seeing , aside from the fact that it's silver, and it only has DisplayPort and HDMI?

Is it worth it to spend an extra $100 for 4k?

rated:
I have an Acer monitor that is the same size/resolution and I picked up for a similar price. I've been very happy with it overall. A 4k monitor at this size is going to be so high resolution you are going to need to use scaling to make everything bigger so you don't really "fit more" on screen and older windows programs don't always play well with the scaling. You'd need something bigger to avoid using scaling for a 4k monitor. IMO this is a decent size for the resolution but that is going to be dependent on a lot of different factors. By the same token the 27+ inch 1080p monitors don't make any sense to me.

Offhand from the pictures it doesn't look like it has a removable base or standard VESA mounts if you want to wall mount it or use it on a multi-monitor stand or adjustable monitor arm but that's common on inexpensive monitors. My monitor is pretty wobbly and this thing looks like it could have the same problem but my desk is pretty stable so not really a problem. Does wobble a bit when I change monitor inputs.

rated:
All I can say is that Lenovo products I have bought don't last too long.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017