posted 17 days ago by
jeffmd

Just happen to see this and thought I would let others know that this monitor is on one if its big sales, although only $229 instead of the lucky to get $199. I own the same monitor and while ultrawide may not be for everyone, VERY FEW monitors can match the color and blacks of this monitor at this price point. It's brightness and viewing angles are also very exceptional. Even if you were forced to use it as a 24" 16x9 it would be worth it. What is even more surprising is this is all with a matte screen. Also to be honest I actually find the monitor to hit a sweet spot in size, I purchased and returned a 28" monitor, and I mainly returned it because of its horrible black levels, but I also found 28" to be a tad big (this coming from someone who used a 32" 1080p tv for a couple years, but the TV was placed away a good distance). For productivity I can see the 34" versions of this monitor being wanted but for gaming and casual use, 29" should be perfect. Your eyes only need to quickly scan back and forth and that is less fatigue. 

The monitors original price tag is a bit hard to swallow but when it is on sale like this it easily beats the other monitors in its price range. Note, mine did come with a factory calibration sheet (purchased from Best Buy) unique to my monitor but that was a while ago, I read things might have changed. I hope not. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-29-ips-led-wfhd-219-ultrawide-freesync-monitor/5770301.p

0 Comments
Add Comment
  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017