Just found this out, haven't seen it reported here, but apparently this is a few months old news: FreedomPop Disabling Accounts With No Voice Use, Here's How to Re-Enable Yours 

Also, maximum total additional free data (through Freedom Friends) will be lowered by 500MB: FreedomPop Modifies Freedom Friends Program To Cut Maximum Free Data By 500 MB 
  and Sprint data will be throttled down to 1 mbps: Freedompop Now Throttling Sprint Free Plans to 1 Mbs, Charging $5/mo for Faster Data 

6 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here. — Sep. 3, 2017 @ 7:14pm
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 22, 2017 @ 6:31am
rated:
i mean for the 1st one, deactivating, they been doing this for years now, so that's nothing new whatsoever, and sometimes charge you a reactivation fee.

for the friends program, yeah i can see why they are reducing the "share your data" because i personally have enough sim cards from them to share the data from 1 to another for a 1.4gb of data per month on 2 lines.

still not bad for a $1 sim card

rated:
Yes. I'm deaf & don't do outbound voice calls & my phones are active.

rated:
From the 1st link "It's hard to be sure, but the deactivation for non-use policy appears to only affect FreedomPop GSM LTE SIM users. Most of the users who reported the issue on the FreedomPop forum didn't say which FreedomPop service (Sprint, Global GSM or LTE GSM) they were using, but those who did were all LTE GSM users."

rated:

rated:
not really new, FreedomPop has always been deactivating phones that don't do any calling.

rated:
Speed throttling and 500 mb limit on free data earning are the worst news. This may force me to ditch FreedomPop (sadly).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017