posted 18 days ago by
EntertheDeals
Cranky Member

https://www.enterprise.com/en/car-rental/deals/weekend-specials....

• Rates starting at $9.99 per day
  • Friday through Monday
  • Participating neighborhood locations
  • 100 miles per day included

14 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Am I the only that that has not luck? The locations I am interested are not working...

rated:
Just be aware that Enterprise is notorious (in certain locations) of finding damage to the car AFTER you turn it in (that you did not do). Take pictures of the car Before and After the rental. I just wont use them.

rated:
I take pictures regardless of rental company.  I've rented most from Enterprlse and never had any company suggest that I damaged a car.  I've rented from Enterprlse, Budget, Hertz, Avls, Alamo, Advantage, Fox, Economy that I can think of off hand.  Some of these places had awful reviews concerning the SPECIFIC location I was renting from.  The only time I ever had a problem was, Advantage or Fox was going to charge me for turning in the car 10 minutes late.  I mentioned that I got the car 20-30 minutes late because they had a line (Which they did) and they waived charging that fee.  
Now I always reserve a car 30-60 minutes AFTER I need it.  That ensures I can get my full daily rental period(s) if needed.  (I'm sure this will catch up with me one of these days when an Agent uses this as their excuse for not having a car ready.  So far every company has always had SOME car they would give me when I showed up a little early for my reservation.  -  I've always assumed the rental clock start time is adjusted back to the time I pick up the car, and is due back at that same time I picked up.  - Otherwise I would have the car for more time than I had reserved and paid.  Perhaps this could score a few minutes extra time in some cases, but I've never had a reason to try.)

Insurance Hassles?  I heard that Economy was extremely picky about insurance  and might require unusual or "excessive" proof of insurance coverage.  I had extra documentation with me just in case, but I didn't have to get it out, as my normal insurance card seemed to satisfy them In Orlando.  In Cancun, Mexico I didn't rent a car because they wanted to charge an extra $300+ for insurance their website stated was included in every rental.  (Plus Gelco had already confirmed they would cover any incident while I was there.  - We took 2 taxis at $25 each instead.)

Bottom Line: Always take pictures of the car.  Take even more pictures if you are in a foreign country or place you feel uncertain about.

Concerning Ops deal.  This can be useful in some instances.  but typically I need a little more mileage than this.The max mileage you can get at this rate is 300 miles, and I need 400 or more.    (I believe even picking up 10 am on Friday and returning 4 PM Monday adds a 4th day at retail price instead of the special price.)

rated:
I rented a lot from Enterprise 5+ years ago, just because they were always nearby. Now that you mention it there were 3 times they decided that there had been an "incident" when there had in fact been none. The first 2 times I had full coverage so I assumed they were putting a claim through the ins. for something that had happened on a non-ins rental. Sure enough the third time I had an issue and did not have any ins. they "let it go." Probably the next person who rented w/insurance was on the hook for the claim.

And the time I sideswiped both sides of a 12 passenger van...they didn't say anything.

rated:
My neighborhood Enterprise is thrilled to have business and has never 5¢ or 10¢.  A strict rental place would be horrible.

rated:
I have rented from Enterprise 25+ times a year. They are usually very good. Never been nickel or dimed by them either. On the other hand..Id run like hell from .AAdvantage and Fox.

rated:
$10 for Economy & Compact. $15 and up for Intermediate

rated:
Dovetonsils said:   Just be aware that Enterprise is notorious (in certain locations) of finding damage to the car AFTER you turn it in (that you did not do). Take pictures of the car Before and After the rental. I just wont use them.
  ditto

rated:
When you take a car out they give it a cursory inspection for damage, when returning it the fine tooth comb comes out

rated:
I've had great experience with Enterprise. It is procedure for the agent to inspect the entire outside of the car for damages larger then a certain diameter. They even encourage you to walk around the car with them.
There really isn't any reason for you to return a car and then the rental company states there is new damage that wasn't previously there, since you and the agent gave it a full inspection upon pickup. If there was any damage to the car the agent missed, the customer should point it out to them before signing the agreement.

Tip: Enterprise usually gives you a one hour window to return the car on the day of return. If you pick it up at noon Friday, you should be able to safely return it by 1PM on Monday.

And yes the 100 miles a day can be rather low, but you can choose to pay per mile after that, -OR- if you think you will go over way over the 300 mile limit, ask them for the weekend special with unlimited miles, I believe it's an extra $5 a day for Economy cars)

rated:
In the 80's, Budget had unlimited mileage.
I had to wait 3 hours while they (the local Ford dealer, who also ran the Budget franchise here) prepped a brand new Mercury Sable.
I returned the car 3 weeks later with 9,000 miles, nothing was said by them

rated:
Stubtify said:   I rented a lot from Enterprise 5+ years ago, just because they were always nearby. Now that you mention it there were 3 times they decided that there had been an "incident" when there had in fact been none. The first 2 times I had full coverage so I assumed they were putting a claim through the ins. for something that had happened on a non-ins rental. Sure enough the third time I had an issue and did not have any ins. they "let it go." Probably the next person who rented w/insurance was on the hook for the claim.

And the time I sideswiped both sides of a 12 passenger van...they didn't say anything.

Living out a reenactment of the Fast and the Furious?

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   In the 80's, Budget had unlimited mileage.
I had to wait 3 hours while they (the local Ford dealer, who also ran the Budget franchise here) prepped a brand new Mercury Sable.
I returned the car 3 weeks later with 9,000 miles, nothing was said by them

Information from 30 years ago is completely valid today.

rated:
Just get a premium CC like Chase Reserve and have primary insurance, beat the hell out of the car and tell them to call Chase when you turn it in

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017