posted 14 days ago by
smokeycatrules
Happy Member

Hilton Honors.com is offering Hilton Honors Members: Earn Double Points for Free when you register for their 'Double Up Points' promotion
& complete a stay at any participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio from September 1 through December 31, 2017.
Note, offer valid only for Hilton Honors Members.

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/index.html?WT.mc_id=zLADA0WW1... 

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Still not sure what benefit I REALLY get from this. But I just enrolled in the Amex Surpass Hilton Honors. Gives me GOLD status, and up to 7 times points.
But, I've never understood points for anything anywhere at all.
I do like the instant push notifications and emails from Amex a lot, though. 

rated:
FThorn said:   Still not sure what benefit I REALLY get from this. But I just enrolled in the Amex Surpass Hilton Honors. Gives me GOLD status, and up to 7 times points.
But, I've never understood points for anything anywhere at all.
I do like the instant push notifications and emails from Amex a lot, though. 

You get 12 points per dollar charged at Hilton.

rated:
Roger that. I've just never been one to understand, use/play POINTS... so 12 points sounds good... but not sure what it really gets me. But, that's just my time management, priority focus on other things. I'm guessing. 

rated:
Diamond members will get 10,000 Points for every 10 Nights (up to 50,000 Points) from September 1 through December 31, 2017.

rated:
Good to know on the 10,000 points!

rated:
Thanks OP

rated:
FThorn said:   Roger that. I've just never been one to understand, use/play POINTS... so 12 points sounds good... but not sure what it really gets me. But, that's just my time management, priority focus on other things. I'm guessing. 

I find the Hilton program to be extremely lucrative when combined with Amex Surpass card and when such promotions are on.

10 Base points
10 Double points
5 points for being Gold (due to Amex Surpass)
2.5 for choosing to receive Hilton points instead of Airline points
12 points for charging to Hilton surpass (all above were on room rate but the 12 points is on taxed total)
----
Approx 40 points per dollar of room rate.
Valuing hilton points at 0.5 cents a piece, you would be getting 20% of your money back in points for future stay. One of my recent stays was around 1cent per point - so if you get something like that, 40% back! And Hilton Gold would have given you free breakfast at places like Hilton Garden Inn, doubletree etc.  Overall, a very nice program.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017