posted 15 days ago by
smokeycatrules
Happy Member

Marriott MegaBonus: Stay twice. Get a free night (CAT 1-5) Possibly YMMV. Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 12, 2017  and January 15, 2018
Earn a free night after two paid stays*. Note that 2 consecutive nights at the same property does not equal 2 stays.
If you have trouble getting this offer on your account, calling may not hurt.
There were times in the past where my offer was for points, and I successfully got them to switch to the free night offer instead. Worth a shot.

Get a free night after two stays* with MegaBonus®—and unlock more. Register from September 6 to November 30, 2017.
Register by November 30, 2017

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FA17  

24 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
A Note About This PromotionWe’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.The reason for this error could be:

• You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
  • You are not eligible for this promotion
  • This promotion has expired

rated:
arpa said:   A Note About This PromotionWe’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.The reason for this error could be:

• You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
  • You are not eligible for this promotion
  • This promotion has expired

I got the same thing from clicking on the link, but then I just went to the main page after logging in and clicked on the promotions section and I was able to sign up just fine.

rated:
Just log into your account to see if this offer is in your profile.  As OP stated, YMMV as some may get points offer instead.

l8r

-doc

rated:
None here. YMMV

rated:
Try to copy and paste OP's link.

rated:
Got it, thanks OP

Also the fine print says after 2 stays, you may unlock an additional bonus offer (they've done this previously)

rated:
When I tried the link it did not work but if log in and go to promotions I found it there...

rated:
MegaBonus is not YMMV. What might be YMMV is the actual offer terms. I think today is the 1-2 day of registration and they haven't worked out the bugs yet.

rated:
smokeycatrules said:   Marriott MegaBonus: Stay twice. Get a free night (CAT 1-5) Possibly YMMV. Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 12, 2017  and January 15, 2018
Earn a free night after two paid stays*. Note that 2 consecutive nights at the same property does not equal 2 stays.
There were times in the past where my offer was for points, and I successfully got them to switch to the free night offer instead. Worth a shot.

Get a free night after two stays* with MegaBonus®—and unlock more. Register from September 6 to November 30, 2017.

Category 1-5 is useless. I had a cat 5 cert from Marriott credit card and it was tough to use since a lot of their properties were cat 6 and above.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   Category 1-5 is useless. I had a cat 5 cert from Marriott credit card and it was tough to use since a lot of their properties were cat 6 and above.

What may be useless for you ends up being still worthwhile for travel to off-the-beaten track places. For example, came in very Handy to stay at one of the nicest Fairfield Inns I've been to in while when traveling many miles back from observing the eclipse with family.

Thanks OP for posting - link didn't work but after logging in and looking at my account I found the 'new promotion' there.

rated:
scooterdog said:   
PrincipalMember said:   Category 1-5 is useless. I had a cat 5 cert from Marriott credit card and it was tough to use since a lot of their properties were cat 6 and above.
What may be useless for you ends up being still worthwhile for travel to off-the-beaten track places. For example, came in very Handy to stay at one of the nicest Fairfield Inns I've been to in while when traveling many miles back from observing the eclipse with family.

Thanks OP for posting - link didn't work but after logging in and looking at my account I found the 'new promotion' there.

Don't get me wrong - free night is nothing to scoff at - but just reminding people that due to category bumps, it is not necessarily that easy to use. Also note that the cert is good for 6 months - i.e. if you earn it too early, you may be trying to use it in the winter months when you are less likely to travel. For me, one other consideration was typically when we have traveled on vacation, it was a multi-night stay. So unless we were shifting hotels, it would be one free night followed by a couple of paid nights at not such a nice rate/promotion. I didn't use my certificate for a year, then got it extended by a year and then barely beat the deadline since I had a one night stay and I was lucky to find a cat 5 place. I don't even know if Marriott has any Category 1-4 places left in the US anymore. Radisson had a similar promotion going for a free night and I have always found myself stuck with trying to use these things. So even if the points are fewer, I take those - then I have the flexibility to use it when I want.

rated:
Either the site is temporarily down or the link isn't working :/

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   
smokeycatrules said:   Marriott MegaBonus: Stay twice. Get a free night (CAT 1-5) Possibly YMMV. Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 12, 2017  and January 15, 2018

Category 1-5 is useless. I had a cat 5 cert from Marriott credit card and it was tough to use since a lot of their properties were cat 6 and above.

I have to agree.  Take Montreal for instance.  Not a big city and dead in the winter but majority are Category 7s.

Registration is now working for me.  Wasn't working last night.

rated:
No luck here, either with link or on the Promotions page.

rated:
austex said:   No luck here, either with link or on the Promotions page.
  The link is on the left side of the page, and doesn't jump out at you.

last time they did this some accounts got cat 1-4 and some cat 1-5  rewards

Wads

edited to correct context

rated:
I received email from Marriott yesterday. This offer is valid
http://email-marriott.com/T/v40000015e5e524730ae0022f4bbc782e8/f...

rated:
sudwallet said:   I received email from Marriott yesterday. This offer is valid
http://email-marriott.com/T/v40000015e5e524730ae0022f4bbc782e8/f...

Worked for me! Thank you.

rated:
 PrincipalMember said:   
scooterdog said:   
What may be useless for you ends up being still worthwhile for travel to off-the-beaten track places. For example, came in very Handy to stay at one of the nicest Fairfield Inns I've been to in while when traveling many miles back from observing the eclipse with family.

I don't even know if Marriott has any Category 1-4 places left in the US anymore.

There are 2,333 category 1-4 Marriott properties in the US http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/Category1.hotels.Category2.... plus a further 621 category 5 properties.

rated:
The promotion offer is not good as once you book you can not cancel.

rated:
hukpthegreat said:   The promotion offer is not good as once you book you can not cancel.
  Where does it say that?

rated:
thanks op !!

rated:
hukpthegreat said:   The promotion offer is not good as once you book you can not cancel.
  That is not true.  You have to look at all the rates.  Yes, sometimes certain hotels offer lowest rate for prepay/book in advance, but it is clearly stated.  Regular rates you can cancel up to 2 or 1 or day of stay depending on hotel and your Marriott reward status.   Usually you can cancel stays booked with certificates or points the day of.

rated:
Does anyone know if this offer is valid if booked via a 3rd party site (ie. Expedia, etc)?

rated:
Haven't tried a third party site. Many have not honored the rewards programs of different businesses.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017