posted 14 days ago by
Stubtify
Thrifty Member

Just got an email telling me that my promotional $5.99 subscription price was going to be honored for another year. Not sure if this is for everyone or because I went to cancel a few days ago citing the price as a reason. As an added benefit when I went to cancel I was offered a free month. Be on the lookout and if you're considering cancelling try to get that free month.

11 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Stubtify said:   Just got an email telling me that my promotional $5.99 subscription price was going to be honored for another year. Not sure if this is for everyone or because I went to cancel a few days ago citing the price as a reason. As an added benefit when I went to cancel I was offered a free month. Be on the lookout and if you're considering cancelling try to get that free month.
  Hope it's for everyone - I need to restart my Hulu subscription. Wonder if it's because of the new fall season starting up around the end of the month. 

rated:
Exact same thing happened here so I kept it.

rated:
Where to buy a discounted (honest) gift card ???? I did not get this deal though I did get the one month free.

rated:
Commercials, commercials, commercials, not even worth $3.99.

Get the plan with no commercials.

rated:
So true. The commercials kill the deal. If its $8 for no commercials then a good deal. I dropped service and was offered nothing. I was not going to pay $10 for the premium service. 

rated:
I primarily use it for the kids shows and there are no commercials on those anyway, but good point I would pay the difference to have no commercials if I used it heavily.

rated:
Commercials are for tv programs only, not films. No captions on commercials.

Sure, 12 min. of commercials an hour vs. 22 min on tv, works for me.

rated:
sorry for asking but since I'm paying the full price (with commercials) is it suggested that I cancel and at some point I'll probably be offered a reduced ($5.99/mo) rate??

rated:
It is certainly possible. If you go to cancel cite the price as the reason you're cancelling. You'll probably get a free month offer first, and  then 1 month later can actually cancel. 

You could also just change email addresses and do a 45 day trial after cancelling if they don't offer you the $5.99 deal. 

rated:
Stubtify said:   It is certainly possible. If you go to cancel cite the price as the reason you're cancelling. You'll probably get a free month offer first, and  then 1 month later can actually cancel. 

I did what you said and threatened to cancel because of the price and they credited my account for a free month. I am on the $7.99 plan (that has commercials). Thanks.

rated:
Found out I did not really miss it. Except for Bosch. Netflix and Amazon Prime keep me busy enough.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017