posted 15 days ago by
MISTERCHEAP
The Last MOTY

Was at a McDonald's in South Carolina the other day and the receipt had the offer to complete a short survey about your visit to get code to get a BOGO sandwich on your next visit.

have to complete within 48 hours of your visit I believe. YMMV.

23 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
The survey for a free BOGO Big Mac or McMuffin has been there for years.

rated:
Most of the McDonald's in California usually have that offer on every receipt.

By the way MISTERCHEAP, I don't post often but do appreciate all your contributions to FW.

rated:
That survey and BOGO offer has been on McDonalds receipts for years. At one time it was restricted to egg McMuffin's or Big Macs, but I notice recently at the McDonalds I frequent it is now any item.

rated:
Some folks just make up a code and write it on the receipt, the counter people push the freebie button and its all good

rated:
LORENW said:   Some folks just make up a code and write it on the receipt, the counter people push the freebie button and its all good
  No, please say it ain't so.

rated:
The McDonalds app on my phone has this offer every day, so there's no need to mess with surveys.

rated:
It's true that the cashiers at my store don't check the validity of those codes, but we shall be honest people and take their survey, even if we just click "very satisfied" without reading =X

The offer on the app refreshes weekly, not daily, for me.  Also the promo from the app is limited to large sandwiches so you can't use it on value meal sandwiches whereas the survey one can.

rated:
eds72 said:   That survey and BOGO offer has been on McDonalds receipts for years. At one time it was restricted to egg McMuffin's or Big Macs, but I notice recently at the McDonalds I frequent it is now any item.

Link to your post on Fat Wallet telling the community about it?   .......crickets.....

rated:
really - this isa front page deal. If you have the app they have this and more everyday. The receipt will change from store to store but it almost always a BOGO. This was reported maybe 10 years ago -nice

rated:
The offer varies by store. Some are BOGO, some a free ice cream cone, some a free medium coffee, some a free McDouble. Annoying part is many will only accept the same offer that they distribute, not what another location gives out.

rated:
I didn't have to pay for the last three sandwiches I got at McDonalds. That is because all three pieces of chicken were freezer burnt, dried-out tan-colored hockey pucks and one had a sauce on it that was unidentifiable. I'd complain and get a new one and it was worse than the last. I haven't been back in nearly three years.

Go to YouTube and type in McDonalds with "time lapse," "disgusting," "disturbing," "awful," etc.... It really made me regret ever having eaten there.

Cutting out fast food, including McDonalds, helped me lose over 30 pounds, which has directly eliminated my knee pain, plantar fasciitis and an added bonus: without all the extra bulk pressing on my abdomen, I can now sleep through the night without having to get up to use the bathroom two or three times. And, I've been sick less than half as much over the past two years. The benefits of eating healthier are no urban legend.

rated:
Offers on receipts, even being there will vary by geographical location
Some franchise owners are too cheap to even have offers

rated:
FYI:
A recent McDees offer locally had you text to a number.
I printed out the offer and asked in the store why I had to have a cell phone to take advantage of it.
I was told just mentioning the offer will get it for you

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
eds72 said:   That survey and BOGO offer has been on McDonalds receipts for years. At one time it was restricted to egg McMuffin's or Big Macs, but I notice recently at the McDonalds I frequent it is now any item.

Link to your post on Fat Wallet telling the community about it?   .......crickets.....

As it is a promotion that has been going on for years....it's not a 'Hot Deal'

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Link to your post telling us about this promotion?

We're waiting.........

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

How in the hell can you say that?

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
forbin4040 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Link to your post telling us about this promotion?

We're waiting.........

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=18&thr...

rated:
That one is two years but I remember the actual promotion going on for years before that.

Here's someone in 2014 talking about it
https://www.maximizingmoney.com/restaurant-dining-deals/mcdonald...

And MCDVOICE.com was registered in 2013 (The site for the surveys)
https://www.whois.com/whois/mcdvoice.com

rated:
Dunkin Donuts receipt has survey offer for a free donut with beverage. You heard it here first, or somewhere else, I'm not bothering to do a FW search for it.

rated:
What gets me is those who say this has been the deal for years, well maybe it is well known by you!
Do you think all know of it?

rated:
Burger King also has similar offers, as well as SubWay, and *most* other fastfood restaurants. Arby's even offered much longer than Mcd's where you had to call a number and rate the experience by dialing 1-5, and at the end it said a code to write down for a free sandwich. So unless you live under a rock and never eat out.. you'd know of at least one fastfood restaurant offering something if you complete the survey.

Or is this off-topic? If we're talking strictly Mcd's, than yes it has been on receipt's for years. Their app also offers daily deals and weekly deals as well. So I'm honestly surprised this is a hot deal! I always thought hot deals were new offerings....

rated:
Centora87 said:   Burger King also has similar offers, as well as SubWay, and *most* other fastfood restaurants. Arby's even offered much longer than Mcd's where you had to call a number and rate the experience by dialing 1-5, and at the end it said a code to write down for a free sandwich. So unless you live under a rock and never eat out.. you'd know of at least one fastfood restaurant offering something if you complete the survey.

Or is this off-topic? If we're talking strictly Mcd's, than yes it has been on receipt's for years. Their app also offers daily deals and weekly deals as well. So I'm honestly surprised this is a hot deal! I always thought hot deals were new offerings....

The bk offer is a free whopper when you buy one at regular price including fries and a soda
Not a deal

rated:
That's great! Thanks,OP~

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017