posted 16 days ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 8K

Posted with ToGo

Honeywell HT-900 TurboForce Air Circulator Fan, Black
$8.09
https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-HT-900-TurboForce-Circulator-Black/dp/B001R1RXUG

9 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
thanks! just in time!

rated:
Decent fan. Paid a bit more 3 month ago.

rated:
No Vornado, but does a decent job for cheap. Good price.

rated:
Purchased on August 26, 2017 and first day of operation is today, so far so good, Good airflow and quieter than my pedestal fan.

rated:
My kids use these in their bedrooms at night for noise and some air movement to supplement the ceiling fan. They are loud and move a decent amount of air, but they only last about 6 months or so until the bearings start to go and they begin making a crazy rattling noise. I know because I've honestly purchased about 8-9 or so. They are built like an $9 fan so as long as you know they are disposable they are a decent option.

rated:
I am sitting in the breeze of one of these as I key this in. Great little fan, quiet but loud enough for some white noise for peaceful slumbers. Some breeze, not blowing the hair off my head but plenty enough for a little sleaze-bag fan. Not sure what I paid, maybe ten bucks, maybe six months ago, Staples I think. The fan has been "On" non-stop since I took it out of the box.

What I can't *stand* about cheap, cheezy, sleazy little fans is if/when they are out of balance even just the tiniest, littlest bit they squeak. And squeak. And it doesn't seem to matter how much I curse at them, and/or rail about the inequities of life or what-have-you, they keep on squeaking. So I set them in the laundry room or out by the dumpster and they disappear almost instantly, sortof miraculously -- turn your head and they're *gone*.

This one hasn't shown even the slightest inclination in that direction. If/when it does, it shall follow in the path of many others, and I shall unbox the other one I bought at the same time, and life will yet again Be Good.

Great item great price.

Thx for posting, OP.

Green.

rated:
We use this every night in our baby's nursery and love it!

rated:
javajoejava said:   My kids use these in their bedrooms at night for noise and some air movement to supplement the ceiling fan. They are loud and move a decent amount of air, but they only last about 6 months or so until the bearings start to go and they begin making a crazy rattling noise. I know because I've honestly purchased about 8-9 or so. They are built like an $9 fan so as long as you know they are disposable they are a decent option.
if it's always the bearings, do you suppose some lithium grease might help?

it's all ball bearings these days

rated:
There should be some kind of angle locking mechanism or something on it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017