posted 11 days ago by
mik3ster
Enthusiastic Member

1) You must have an Amex card added to your Amazon account that has Amex Membership Reward (MR) Points
2) Click this link to see if you qualify for the promotional discount.

Details as below:

This is an invitation only offer. To receive your promotional discount you must:

1. Click on the button below to activate this promotion credit. Note that you will NOT receive the credit unless you click on this button.
  2. Add $50 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon. com to your shopping cart.
  3. Under "Choose a payment method," select your Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card and pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points, then click "Use this payment method."
  4. Up to $25 of savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page if the items in your order are eligible for the promotion credit.

Coupon Clipped
Terms and Conditions

1. This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2017, or until 80,000 customers have redeemed this offer, whichever is earlier. The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon. com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
  2. Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
  3. Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $50 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
  4. The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $25 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.
  5. Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon. com in the past twenty four months.
  6. Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
  7. Offer only applies to eligible products sold by Amazon. com.
  8. Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
  9. Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
  10. Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
  11. Offer may not be combined with other offers.
  12. To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 90 days or longer.
  13. Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $25.
  14. If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon ’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the card amount first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
  15. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
  16. Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
  17. This promotion is available only to Amazon. com customers with an eligible American Express card issued in the United States.

14 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Thank you for your interest in this offer. Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this offer.
I do have an AMEX linked that has some points remaining.

rated:
Worked for me. Coupon clipped message after clicking the button to activate. Thanks OP.

Bought Taco Bell Gift cards worth $50 and the coupon took off 25 automatically as soon as I applied a few Amex points to pay for it.

Seems Amaz0n has fixed this loophole: I had gift card balance. Back in July, I bought gift cards with similar promotion ($30 off $60 Amex offer) and the payment was made using my gift card balance. Not the case today. The payment was made via Amex (says can't used gift card balance to pay for gift card purchase...something along this line).

rated:
robby69 said:   Thank you for your interest in this offer. Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this offer.
I do have an AMEX linked that has some points remaining.

Same exact thing for me. 

rated:
Kenpet22 said:   Worked for me. Coupon clipped message after clicking the button to activate. Thanks OP.

Bought Taco Bell Gift cards worth $50 and the coupon took off 25 automatically as soon as I applied a few Amex points to pay for it.

Seems Amaz0n has fixed this loophole: I had gift card balance. Back in July, I bought gift cards with similar promotion ($30 off $60 Amex offer) and the payment was made using my gift card balance. Not the case today. The payment was made via Amex (says can't used gift card balance to pay for gift card purchase...something along this line).

You still may be able to buy gift cards using your Amazon gift card balance, but for this offer you have to pay with your Am Ex card that is linked to Membership Rewards. I haven't tried it but try placing a gift card order and paying with your Amazon gift card balance with no promotions attached. It still may work.

By the way, I qualified. Coupon clipped. Offer is good through the end of the year. Thanks for the HU, OP. Much appreciated. Does anyone know how I can find out a list of the different promotions, such as this one, I have saved to my account short of calling customer service to ask. I guess I could place dummy orders and see what comes off.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
Kenpet22 said:   Worked for me. Coupon clipped message after clicking the button to activate. Thanks OP.

You still may be able to buy gift cards using your Amazon gift card balance, but for this offer you have to pay with your Am Ex card that is linked to Membership Rewards. I haven't tried it but try placing a gift card order and paying with your Amazon gift card balance with no promotions attached. It still may work.

By the way, I qualified. Coupon clipped. Offer is good through the end of the year. Thanks for the HU, OP. Much appreciated. Does anyone know how I can find out a list of the different promotions, such as this one, I have saved to my account short of calling customer service to ask. I guess I could place dummy orders and see what comes off.

That's correct. I just tried it. You can still purchase gift cards using Amazon GC balance. It just didn't work with this amex offer unlike in the past. Thx

rated:
Not working here, YMMV, thanks for sharing though.

rated:
Worked for me. Thanks!

rated:
I got the successful message saying coupon clipped, but I never see the discount on final checkout.

rated:
JohnLaw3742 said:   I got the successful message saying coupon clipped, but I never see the discount on final checkout.
  Make sure the items "sold by Amazon" add up more than $50, and payment set to the corresponding Amex at the last step page before submitting order. 

Worked for an old non-prime Amazon account that I have not been logged in for a while.  Thanks OP!

rated:
Thanks OP for such a detailed introduction.But not working for me.Pity.

rated:
Thanks OP. Worked for me.

rated:
mik3ster,

Thanks a lot for the deal! Worked for spouse's and my accounts. Almost without fail these promotions never work for me. Having it work on not just 1 but 2 accounts is a 1st for me. Maybe I should buy some lottery tix as well!

ETA: Did not work on Amazon GCs (e or card) but worked on others incl Netflix.

rated:
Worked on 1 of my 2 accounts (didn't work on the account with Prime) thanks OP!

rated:
I tried it but its not working. Does it have to be a certain level amex card?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017