posted 9 days ago by
ctgolfer
Star of the Week

Posted with ToGo

Raspberry Pi Zero W Computer Board
$5 in-store
http://www.microcenter.com/product/475267/Zero_W

The Raspberry Pi Zero Wireless extends the Pi Zero family. ?The Raspberry Pi Zero is half the size of a Model A+, with twice the utility. A tiny Raspberry Pi thats affordable enough for any project! The Pi Zero Wireless has all the functionality of the original Pi Zero but with added wireless connectivity.

18 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
i sure as hell ain't driving an hour and a half to get one. but damn good deal!

rated:
morecowbell said:   i sure as hell ain't driving an hour and a half to get one. but damn good deal!

is this a sale? I thought this was the regular price????

rated:
Any good websites with a collection of programs that can be loaded onto this, so you don't have to program it yourself?

rated:
ArmchairArchitect said:   Any good websites with a collection of programs that can be loaded onto this, so you don't have to program it yourself?
  https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/   Once you select your OS, you can decide what available apps to install.  I use one with motioneye OS  but that requires adding a camera module at a few times this price.

Were you perhaps thinking of Arduino script instead of this??

I live too far away

rated:
lemonhead said:   
morecowbell said:   i sure as hell ain't driving an hour and a half to get one. but damn good deal!

dunno about this one, but my raspi was like $40 or something  

rated:
morecowbell said:   
lemonhead said:   

dunno about this one, but my raspi was like $40 or something  

From the link:
(was $10.00) SAVE $5.00
1 at $5.00 each
2-5 at $14.99 each
6+ at $19.99 each

1000 at $1000000 each.
(I made up the last one)

rated:
I remember $1 for the original Pi Zero

rated:
what are you guys planning to use it for?

rated:
lemonhead said:   

The Pi Zero W (wireless built in) was $10, so this is half off.
The original Pi Zero (no wireless) was $5.

rated:
Don't forget to bring an empty ink cartridge with you. Microcenter will give you $3 coupon for empty ink cartridge, making this $2 + tax.

rated:
aqan said:   what are you guys planning to use it for?
  I use one attached to my 3D printer to control it remotely using "Astroprint ".  Another similar program is "Octoprint "  I also use one with a camera module to take time lapse images using Motioneye OS

rated:
BostonOne said:   
lemonhead said:   

The Pi Zero W (wireless built in) was $10, so this is half off.
The original Pi Zero (no wireless) was $5.

Roger that!
I have 2 Pi Zero's - they are so small I have lost them more than once while I try to figure out what to do with them! :-D
I have a buddy in Colorado that picked up a couple of them a while ago I should see if he can grab me a couple more at that price before he comes to AZ to visit!

rated:
  A popular project is to turn it into a retro gaming machine. It can emulate systems through the 16 bit era perfectly.

rated:
simbawang said:   Don't forget to bring an empty ink cartridge with you. Microcenter will give you $3 coupon for empty ink cartridge, making this $2 + tax.
  They only take specific brands of ink cartridges.  

rated:
  we used a couple to convert old flat panel monitors into picture frames for grandma and great grandma. Powered by the USB from the monitor, velcro to back of monitor. One of my kids wrote some scripts to keep them updated from a folder all the kids can access remotely to add pictures. Makes for happy grandmas.

rated:
yahoot said:   
  we used a couple to convert old flat panel monitors into picture frames for grandma and great grandma. Powered by the USB from the monitor, velcro to back of monitor. One of my kids wrote some scripts to keep them updated from a folder all the kids can access remotely to add pictures. Makes for happy grandmas.

I also thought of doing that but ran into a problem as my "old" monitors don't have neither an HDMI or a USB.

rated:
richardclark said:   
simbawang said:   Don't forget to bring an empty ink cartridge with you. Microcenter will give you $3 coupon for empty ink cartridge, making this $2 + tax.
  They only take specific brands of ink cartridges.  

Does anyone have a link that shows information on what brand carts are accepted for this $3 credit?

rated:
I went to pick up a couple today.  I purposefully brought my wife to buy a second one.  They said it is one per household not per person.  I guess that's fair, but I was disappointed.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017