posted 7 days ago by
njlandshark

Renovating my new apartment and was looking for a bathroom vent fan - found this one on Amazon on sale - has good reviews. Picking one up today. 

Sylvania bathroom vent on Amazon on sale for $91.00. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IU9GZW

4 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
All of the reviews are by people who got free product, which makes them all suspect.   How about posting info about the product after you actually install it and test it?

For comparison, here is a Panasonic model at Lowes that has 110 CFM with the same loudness (0.3 Sones) for $102.63.   Considering that you can easily find/generate a
coupon code to save $20 off $100, that puts the higher speed product at $82.63, which makes the $91 price tag seem cold.

Lowes

rated:
Why is this a hot deal?  90 CFM fan is less than $30 at HD.  Like this one:  Link

rated:
ach1199 said:   Why is this a hot deal?  90 CFM fan is less than $30 at HD.  Like this one:  Link
  Air King model is a cheaper make. Its like comparing a Lexus to a Honda. they both get you where you need to go, but ones quality and longevity is much better. I don't know about you but when i am doing installations for my home, I like to use better quality so that i don't have to replace every few  years. 

Also for Amazon reviewers - amazons vine program has very strict guidlines to be part of the review team (ive been trying to get on for years to get free stuff). They have to take price of the item into account. 

rated:
njlandshark said:   
ach1199 said:   Why is this a hot deal?  90 CFM fan is less than $30 at HD.  Like this one:  Link
  Air King model is a cheaper make. Its like comparing a Lexus to a Honda. they both get you where you need to go, but ones quality and longevity is much better. I don't know about you but when i am doing installations for my home, I like to use better quality so that i don't have to replace every few  years. 

Also for Amazon reviewers - amazons vine program has very strict guidlines to be part of the review team (ive been trying to get on for years to get free stuff). They have to take price of the item into account. 

Even if you ignore the Vine reviews (and no others are present), the Panasonic at Lowes is at least as well made as a Sylvania (probably better), had more airflow, the same volume sound, and is $10 less when you use a coupon code.   That alone makes this deal cold.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017