Posted with ToGo

Berryman 0116 B-12 Chemtool Carburetor, Fuel System and Injector Cleaner, 15 oz. Easy Pour-In Can
$2.12
https://www.amazon.com/Berryman-Chemtool-Carburetor-Injector-Cleaner/dp/B000CCMNAG

• Contains 100% high-energy solvent technology
  • Helps keep injectors or carb(s) and intake ports and valves clean
  • Quickly disperses moisture and dissolves gum, varnish, and other fuel residues
  • Disperses moisture in conventional gasoline
  • Catalytic converter and oxygen sensor-safe
  • Quickly disperses moisture and dissolves gum, varnish, and other fuel residues
  • Use on the entire fuel system, fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel injectors, valves, rings and pistons with H.E.S.T.

5 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Is this the same as Sea Foam?

rated:
I could not find anything but theory and anecdotal evidence in support of any cleaning benefit from using these kind of pour in gas tank products. On the other hand I did find independent tests here: http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/impp-1106-fuel-sy... demonstrating NO benefit, as well as detailing a method that actually produces measurable results. 

rated:
This was carb cleaner long before they added 'injector cleaner' to the label. It has a high concentration of Toulene, if I remember correctly. That will effectively boost octane a small amount, remove paint..and yes varnish as well. Highly flammable, probably great at dispersing water in poor quality gas.

For what it is, its a potent chemical compared to STP-type gas treatments. It might not be great at FI cleaning, but as a gas improvement cocktail, its good stuff.

rated:
Deal isn't expired - not sure why it's tagged that way.

rated:
1 to 2 months for shipping.

And I like to use this in the gas on my carburated engines but it might clean Fuel injectors that are clogged. Tecron might work better on injectors, but I wouldnt dilute it as much as done in the test above. And just about any liquid will clean your valves if you pour it in the intake. The DIY seafoam or MMO or even water will give the same smoke show as seafoam and make the carbon spall off the valves.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017