rated:
I gave green because it is a cheaper price... but I have other concerns.

16gb does not seem like a lot of space these days. I'd expect something in this price range to be about 64gb.
Why does one need a Hi-Res mp3 player? Isn't the point to listen to music which means a screen would not really be needed? (Of course this begs the question of using it for videos, but then 16gb is really undersized).
And this might seem nit-picky, but who designed this? When I first saw the picture, I thought it was the mp3 player in a small box. Then I just realized that there is the screen, the screen's bezel, and then the screen bezel's bezel. Who designs a device with a bezel in a bezel?

I think if you are in the market for this specific device, it is a good price.

rated:
Rewind said:   I gave green because it is a cheaper price... but I have other concerns.

16gb does not seem like a lot of space these days. I'd expect something in this price range to be about 64gb.
Why does one need a Hi-Res mp3 player? Isn't the point to listen to music which means a screen would not really be needed? (Of course this begs the question of using it for videos, but then 16gb is really undersized).
And this might seem nit-picky, but who designed this? When I first saw the picture, I thought it was the mp3 player in a small box. Then I just realized that there is the screen, the screen's bezel, and then the screen bezel's bezel. Who designs a device with a bezel in a bezel?

I think if you are in the market for this specific device, it is a good price.

"Hi-Res" refers to audio in this case not video.

rated:
This device is only intended for audio and the touch screen is purely used for navigation, settings and looking at album art. Why hi-res audio? This answer to this will be highly subjective. The idea is that even CD audio is inherently compromised due to storage options available at the time. MP3 and other compressed formats are even worse. Hi-res audio does not have this limitation and is anything above the CD bit and sample rates. Can you tell a difference? Many will not but the extra data in my opinion does give a more dynamic sound. You will need decent headphones to really take advantage of this but for this price, I have really enjoyed mine and it plays MP3 and just about any format you will feed it. There is some processing options to make non hi-res audio sound better as well. It has a metal body so the build is nice and an FM tuner in case you want to listen to local stations without using the data plan on your phone. The 16gb is tiny but users are really intended to use the micro SD cards for expansion and music organization.

rated:
Dang you kids and your new fangled terms.

I'm only 40 and was thinking that Hi-Fidelity would cover the definition of high quality audio. Apparently Hi-Res is now the new term for "lossless audio that is capable of reproducing the full range of sound". Some people are saying the terms should be interchangeable but I can see a slight difference.

Looks like I need to go shopping for a stick and a lawn.

rated:
I can't speak for the 16GB Hi-Res version, but I have the 8GB version I use in the gym and it is a great unit. Holds tons of songs. Easy to load them and sounds great and holds a charge for quite a while. Well worth the $$ IMO.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017