rated:
I own a Zojirushi. It does a good job of cooking rice. However, it is slow (1.5 hours or longer for brown rice). My old, worn-out, non-fuzzy logic, non-microcomputer controlled Hitachi rice cooker is way faster. If you want perfectly prepared rice in a short time span buy a Cuckoo pressure rice cooker. My in-laws cooked brown rice with one in less than 30 minutes.

rated:
Perfect timing for me. Thanks!

rated:
The reason it took longer for brown rice is due to soaking time.  In order to cook brown rice properly, 30-40 mins soaking time is considered normal.  For any device that cooks brown rice faster means the device is not smart enough to delay actual cooking start time (cheaper models).

rated:
I got my rice cooker free after rebate. Works perfectly. Anyone who  thinks $158 for a rice cooker is a good deal belongs on another site.

rated:
VirginiaDC said:   I got my rice cooker free after rebate. Works perfectly. Anyone who  thinks $158 for a rice cooker is a good deal belongs on another site.
  But it has fuzzy logic.  Who can argue with Fuzzy logic?  haha

rated:
ed830 said:   The reason it took longer for brown rice is due to soaking time.  In order to cook brown rice properly, 30-40 mins soaking time is considered normal.  For any device that cooks brown rice faster means the device is not smart enough to delay actual cooking start time (cheaper models).
  The Cuckoo is not a cheaper rice cooker. It actually costs more. The Zojirushi engineers computerized time-tested methods for cooking rice. The Koreans adapted pressure cooker technology and sped up the process considerably.

rated:
we bought an Aroma from Kohls with or BF Kohls cash. i think it was $40.00. takes over an hour for brown rice. cooks it pretty good, we only cook brown rice for the dog food, so fluffy doesn't really matter. as far as the white rice goes, I couldn't be happier. way better than a bag.

rated:
I have this model.. pretty good. These things last forever. I've had this one for about 10 years, still works.
It doesn't seal as well as it used to so I have to make sure don't "keep warm" too long. It cooks just fine. I think I need to buy new seal piece. Perhaps 30-40$.

My parents have the pressure $400-$500 Cuckoo brand. There's no comparison.

Aroma = $75 Red Devil Vac = Honda
Zojirushi = $200 Cyclone Bissell = Lexus
Cuckoo = $400 Dyson = Porsche..

The difference is there..

rated:
VirginiaDC said:   I got my rice cooker free after rebate. Works perfectly. Anyone who  thinks $158 for a rice cooker is a good deal belongs on another site.

I have a similar Zoji, I also have a cheaper knockoff that I bought for a relative that doesn't make a lot of rice.  Mine is definitely better - you could argue whether it is THAT much better, but after buying it I went from never cooking rice to making it regularly.   

If you are in a household that cooks rice daily then a Cuckoo or Zoji is worth it.  If you are like me and just make rice once a week then the cheaper ones are probably enough.  The Zoji is for a small household -- the big pressure ones do much larger batches, guys whose families buy rice in 25-50 pound bags and who don't buy bread because rice is their staple grain.  Where the zoji shines is in its ability to keep rice warm for extended periods.  It does a much better job of it than the cheap one -- which doesn't even HAVE an "extended: warm setting.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017