ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 8K

Posted with ToGo

Apple iPhone 8 and 8 Plus + $100 Sam's Club GC
from $699
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/pagedetails/content.jsp?pageName=apple-iphone

16 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 21, 2017 @ 1:24pm
rated:
If you need 2, here is AT&T B1G1 free promo on the iPhone 8
(Have to have Directv or Uverse to get it though)
https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/14/att-buy-one-get-one-free-iphone-8-caveat/ 

rated:
robby69 said:   If you need 2, here is AT&T B1G1 free promo on the iPhone 8
(Have to have Directv or Uverse to get it though)
https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/14/att-buy-one-get-one-free-iphone-8-caveat/

the at&t is bogus

rated:
Has anyone tried doing the BOGO without Direct TV or U-Verse TV? I have ATT cell, home phone and 2 internet accounts (at 2 different locations) totaling 4 billed services. You think I could argue with customer support or retention that should qualify me for the offer without having Direct TV?

rated:
This time it isn't even Hot Topic here with this price and the phone's features.

rated:
Official AT&T B&M stores have been good in my opinion,  They seem to be more motivated and have more control.  

rated:
AT&T offers are the worst not sure how to get any offers for existing customers without DirectTV/ UVerse requirement. Any suggestions?

rated:
Apparently they don't sell them on T-Mobile. Are the phones marked AT&T locked?

rated:
A possible issue with the AT&T and TMO iPhone 8/8+ models: Are they going to have the Intel modem like the AT&T and TMO iPhone 7/7+ models?

The Intel modem limits you only to GSM networks; the Qualcomm modem gives the option of usage on both CDMA (Verizon & Sprint) and GSM networks.

rated:
work for me.thanks

rated:
DarthEnol said:   A possible issue with the AT&T and TMO iPhone 8/8+ models: Are they going to have the Intel modem like the AT&T and TMO iPhone 7/7+ models?

The Intel modem limits you only to GSM networks; the Qualcomm modem gives the option of usage on both CDMA (Verizon & Sprint ) and GSM networks.

Since Apple and Qualcomm are fighting each other, I am betting that AT&T and TMO iphone 8/8+ will likely be Intel   I hope I am wrong since Qualcomm chips offer more flexibility

rated:
DarthEnol said:   A possible issue with the AT&T and TMO iPhone 8/8+ models: Are they going to have the Intel modem like the AT&T and TMO iPhone 7/7+ models?

The Intel modem limits you only to GSM networks; the Qualcomm modem gives the option of usage on both CDMA (Verizon & Sprint ) and GSM networks.

If you are worried about this, should get an unlocked iPhone 8/8+.
Unlocked works with every carrier.  

rated:
dabir said:   

I totally agree this way your not binded to anyone carrier for a set amount of time.

rated:
dabir said:   

I'm not worried.  Most people have no idea about the different modems.  I always have and always will buy the SIM free/unlocked model.  Better performance plus the ability to use pretty much any carrier globally for the same price as a restricted GSM only device? No brainer.

rated:
DarthEnol said:   
dabir said:   

I'm not worried.  Most people have no idea about the different modems.  I always have and always will buy the SIM free/unlocked model.  Better performance plus the ability to use pretty much any carrier globally for the same price as a restricted GSM only device? No brainer.

Unlocked AT&T and T-Mobile iPhone can use global GSM sim card. Even Asia where CDMA is primarily used sells prepaid GSM sim cards at a airport. So why is it important to have dual CDMA/ GSM?  When traveling abroad, unlocked GSM phone is all you need (all 4 main carriers will unlock for international travels).

rated:
docjoo said:   
DarthEnol said:   
dabir said:   

Unlocked AT&T and T-Mobile iPhone can use global GSM sim card. Even Asia where CDMA is primarily used sells prepaid GSM sim cards at a airport. So why is it important to have dual CDMA/ GSM?  When traveling abroad, unlocked GSM phone is all you need (all 4 main carriers will unlock for international travels).

Why?  As I stated above, If one wants to switch to CDMA, it's not possible with an iPhone model that utilizes the Intel modem.  Also there are several sources that tested both iPhone 7 models and the Qualcomm modem model performs better than the Intel modem.

rated:
docjoo said:   
DarthEnol said:   
dabir said:   

Unlocked AT&T and T-Mobile iPhone can use global GSM sim card. Even Asia where CDMA is primarily used sells prepaid GSM sim cards at a airport. So why is it important to have dual CDMA/ GSM?  When traveling abroad, unlocked GSM phone is all you need (all 4 main carriers will unlock for international travels).

Here's a few other FWers that think it's "important".
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1585163?showmessage=1...
Bottom line:  If people don't know or care about the differences between the models, oh well.  The info's out there.  They'll be the first ones starting threads about how "That Sam's iPhone deal sucked!" or "Why can't I use my paid off TMO/AT&T phone on Verizon/Sprint?"

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017