posted 6 days ago by
mojoshtudd
Happy Member

https://www.costco.com/auto-tires.html

The $70 off is standard. The 1c installation is the icing on the cake.

11 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
The tires I need were priced $6-7 less before the 1c installation promo period. That's annoying, but part of the game, I guess.

rated:
Thank you for posting - ordered 4 tires.

rated:
so I had a flat literally driving to Costco for unrelated shopping and I did this deal. Came out to $625 for the cheapest 4 michelins for my vehicle.

This definitely isn't the cheapest option, though it is a decent deal for pure convenience.

For comparison, A set of HANKOOK KINERGY GTs from TireRack, shipped and installed would have cost me $440.

rated:
Don't forget unlimited rotations, tire repair/replacement, etc from Costco. Can't beat that. I think you can actually go every day and get your tires rotated if you want.

rated:
Is this really a good deal? I did their Buy 3 get 1 free + $70 mail in rebate deal a couple months back which killed this deal. Also in the fine print, you still have to pay the disposal fee.

rated:
danboris said:   Don't forget unlimited rotations, tire repair/replacement, etc from Costco. Can't beat that. I think you can actually go every day and get your tires rotated if you want.
  Clarification: Unlimited rotation for the life of the tire i.e, 5 years as defined by Costco citing 'industry standard.'
  If you drive less and the tread is still good, after 5 years, Costco would refuse to rotate them.  

rated:
Darrone said:   so I had a flat literally driving to Costco for unrelated shopping and I did this deal. Came out to $625 for the cheapest 4 michelins for my vehicle.

This definitely isn't the cheapest option, though it is a decent deal for pure convenience.

For comparison, A set of HANKOOK KINERGY GTs from TireRack, shipped and installed would have cost me $440.

You are not really comparing apples to apples there.  If you are going to do that then price the SAME TIRE at Tire Rack -- and they DO carry them.  FWIW Costco also has a lite road hazard warranty (or did) that goes with their installation.  

Of course it does ME no good because for whatever reason Costco doesn't stock tires to fit a Ford Explorer Limited.   So I tend to either use Discount Tire or TireRack anyway.  It costs me about $1000 every time.    

rated:
I almost waited for this deal then decided Tire Rack was the better way to go.  My truck requires load range E tires.  Costco does carry a Michelin in my size along with a BF Goodrich.  The BFG is the #1 rated per Tire Rack, Michelin around #6 but still in the very good zone.  I ended up going with the #2 rated Kumho which was barely behind the BFG but $80 cheaper per tire and $55 less than the Michelin.  It was also a black side wall that I prefer to the white letter tires. 

There is a NAPA affiliated repair place 50 feet from my office that normally does my oil changes.  It is actually closer to my desk than my normal parking spot.  I had the tires shipped to my house and threw them straight in the bed of the truck off the UPS truck.  I dropped off the keys when I got to work and it was done by lunch time.  Total time lost was about five minutes plus another five to fill out the Kumho rebate form online.

The Michelin deal at Costco would have been about $875 all in and who knows how much I would have spent shopping or how many hot dogs and churros I would consume waiting.  The better rated tire ended up at $715 total.  I do lose free rotation but the hassle of having to hang around Costco to get it done would mean I would never do it.  The guy next door can do it for a few bucks when I get my oil changed.  I also lose the road hazard warranty (Tire Rack's does not apply to LT tires) but since I have not had a tire damaged in about 25 years I'm not overly worried. 

rated:
great offer! thank you.

rated:
danboris said:   Don't forget unlimited rotations, tire repair/replacement, etc from Costco. Can't beat that. I think you can actually go every day and get your tires rotated if you want.
free tire rotation at Discount Tire, as well as tire repair. they will actually fill and/or repair tires free if you didn't buy them there! consider it beaten  

rated:
Costco doesn't price match on tires (I've tried) when I've found even my local Honda dealer offers better tire prices after install; but it is the convenience + road hazard additional coverage.  To each his own, but for those who are a Costco executive member + own the Citi card, that is an extra 2% + 2% back!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017