posted 12 years ago by
airflowmax

ZenniOptical

They have glasses from $7 - $30. $5.00 more for anti-reflective coating and free uv and scratch coatings. $5 flat shipping for all orders.

The orders usually take about 10-15 days. Special orders can take up to 1 month.

My own personal experience has been good. I have only ordered 2 pairs of glasses from them. I am the only one that wears glasses in my house. Overall the reviews from fellow fatwallet members have been good. It would be nice to setup a poll to see how many people had a good experience and how many people had bad experiences. I read one person brought 11 pairs of glasses from Zenni and didn't have any problems, so I guess that is good news.

Their contact info

Zenni Optical
27 Sunny Oaks Dr.
San Rafael, Ca.94903
Phone 1-800-211-2105
Fax 1-415-491-4516
service@zennioptical.com

2735 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
wow. This is a good deal if you need a spare pair.

rated:
Good deal. Thanks

rated:
Wow, good price, I need a spare glasses, end of daylight saving time is coming, I need glasses when I drive home at night.

rated:
This place looks OK if you have an average-sized and average-proportioned head and face, but like www.39dollarglasses.com, this place only seems to stock one size per style Unfortunately, I have to spend a lot more to find glasses that fit me because I've got a huge melon

rated:
Has anyone tried the site?
The price looks very attempting.
But some quality feedback would clinch it.

rated:
With their rimless glasses, you choose the lens size and style, which is more flexibility than 39dollarglasses offers.

rated:
I jumped in after I saw same good feedback from some bboards. Rimless memory titanium for 38 bucks with coating. I'm way past skeptical after paying 90 bucks for rimless at 39dollarglasses.com but what the heck.

Big Old Daddy

rated:
ain't they ugly?

rated:
dynomite!

rated:
It's kind of hard to tell from their pictures whether the glasses are merely unattractive or actually ugly, but shipping is only $4.95. I would also question the quality of the lenses. If I were to order a pair of these, I think I take them into a LensCrafters and ask them to check the prescription.

rated:
looks like an awesome deal. can someone buy it and provide feedback?

rated:
db said:

<< With their rimless glasses, you choose the lens size and style, which is more flexibility than 39dollarglasses offers. >>

It's cool that you can pick the lens size (width), but remember that the frame size (temple length and bridge width) is still one-size-fits-all. 135mm temples barely even reach my ears

rated:
matr8x said:

<< looks like an awesome deal. can someone buy it and provide feedback? >>

I volunteer you

rated:
DerProfi said:

<< matr8x said:

<< looks like an awesome deal. can someone buy it and provide feedback? >>

I volunteer you
>>

How about you guys paypal me a few bucks each and I'll try them out for you.

Paypal user: _double_a@yahoo.com

rated:
Oh yeah, one more question. I didn't see it in the other posts. What if I need bifocals? Anyone know if this place has that option and if they do, if progressive lenses are available as well so I don't have that goofy line across my glasses? Thanks

rated:
well i bit, i'll let you know about these glasses when i get them. 24 dollars shipped is worth the risk. I use contacts all the time so its just for emergencies anyways.

rated:
raideral said:

<< well i bit, i'll let you know about these glasses when i get them. 24 dollars shipped is worth the risk. I use contacts all the time so its just for emergencies anyways. >>

I wish I could use contacts all the time but i have nothing but bad experiences from them so I don't use contacts anymore.

rated:
TripleAAA said:

<< Oh yeah, one more question. I didn't see it in the other posts. What if I need bifocals? Anyone know if this place has that option and if they do, if progressive lenses are available as well so I don't have that goofy line across my glasses? Thanks >>

I'd like to know too. On the site it does have minimal infor on bifocals and progressives, but there is nothing I can find as far as price.

Anyone see something we're missing??

rated:
BiFocals show up when you " Order " But NOT final order..Youhave chance to quit before that..Think bifocals were like $ 20 more ???
My " special " Perscription + Bifocals + coated lens and shipping was like $ 63.00

rated:
How do these compare to 39dollarglasses.com?

rated:
Hello yes have purchased a pair of glasses at zenni optical. They're very good and cheap. But it may take at least three weeks the wait is worth it.

rated:
order one of those magnetic one yestersday, not bad for under $50 total with AR and high index lens. Hope they are not the cheapest high index kind.

rich

rated:
dlab said:

<< Hello yes have purchased a pair of glasses at zenni optical. They're very good and cheap. But it may take at least three weeks the wait is worth it. >>

3 weeks? are you serious?

rated:
How do you go about getting your prescription from your optometrist? I have my script at WalMart Vision Center. Just walk in and demand it?

rated:
matr8x:

From what I've read, the orders are sent to China for processing and shipped from there. It would explain the 3 week wait. 39dollarglasses.com is much faster if your in a rush.

vendinguy:

You should be able to just ask for it. They are required to share the info with you by law.

It seems like a very good deal if you don't mind the wait. You save at least $20 compared to 39dollarglasses.com. But if you get the rimless titanium glasses, you'll save a $100.

I'll check out the local WalMart to see if they have any similar deals and maybe ask if they'll pricematch before placing my order with zennioptical.com.

rated:
airflowmax said:

<< ZenniOptical

They have glasses for $20. $5.00 more for anti-reflective coating and free uv and scratch coatings.
>>

I'm in... Took two calls to my eye doctor before they would fax over my RX. Also you need the pupilary distance (distance between your pupils in millimeters)-- that's not commonly on an Rx, so I had them fax over the chart from my exam-- it was on there. (Had my daughter read a ruler up to my head to confirm I got the right number!)

As for frame fit, I measured the current frames I have, and found the closest match in the $19 section. I plan to use the new pair as a backup- I need to get new lenses in my existing glasses- was gonna do it at Costco but they need to send my existing glasses away for 10 days, so I need something to wear in the meantime.

If I like the zenni lenses I may order another pair with the sunglass tint!

Good luck all!

Edit:
Can't believe I forgot to say "THANKS OP!!"

rated:
This site and the 39dollarglasses.com site are amazing to me. What I like about the 19dollar site (zennioptical) better is that the non-reflective coating only adds $5, where it adds a lot more on the 39dollar site. The fact that you can choose frame color in both the metal and plastic ones is very cool also; you can't even do that at retail eyeglass stores.

The models with the magnetic clip ons for $29 look very tempting.

Thanks OP
Matt

rated:
Bummer, my prescription is too high for their options. Oh well, with the extra $59 charge for really blind people, it wouldn't have been as much of a deal anyway :/

rated:
Want to buy another pair of Rx SUNGLASSES..I have a pair with brown lenses now..I wonder if another color tint would be better..Grey, blue or green..Anyone have a preference..I am in Calif with bright sun..
TIA

rated:
I got my glasses today. 11 days after purchase, maybe since this company is based to the bay area and i'm there as well is why it seems faster. Anyways the glasses are very good for the price and fit perfectly.

rated:
raideral said:

<< I got my glasses today. 11 days after purchase, maybe since this company is based to the bay area and i'm there as well is why it seems faster. Anyways the glasses are very good for the price and fit perfectly. >>

good deal. cant wait to get mine.

rated:
I got mine today too. I live in the bay area also. I got the frameless plastic which doesnt look too bad. Best valued glasses I have ever gotten so far. Mine has figure prints near the bridge area. They didnt completely clean it off. other then that I like them. might order a second pair.

rated:
I ordered my glasses from Zenni on Oct 23 and received them today. I live on the east coast. As far as I can see (joke), they are equall to the $300 glasses I ordered locally. The glasses cost $40 and came with magnetic sunglasses that have a seperate case. Couldn't be more pleased.

rated:
Did they actually confirm a valid prescription? My prescription is no longer valid, but I don't have the $$ for another exam.

rated:
lawbyrd:
I know that they don't confirm your prescription so you can order if you are seeing totally fine with your current scrip. However, if you are not seeing 100% perfect right now, the gravity of the situation would make me strongly recommend the two-pair (www.two-pair.com) or similar other place that does the eye exam + a pair or two for $50ish. Possibly even offer a cheaper eye-exam only deal. I know you can also have an eye exam for cheap at WalMart and some other discounters.

rated:
Got a pair of half-frame glasses with magnetic sunshades. Fit me perfectly. Howver, the magnetic shades had left scrathes on the lenses where the tiny screws holding the magnetic shades come into contact with the surface of the lenses. Also, the rimless part of the lenses on the half frame have a peculiar white outline which really stands out.

I'm going to return and this and probably get full framed glasses with the dark tint instead of going for the magnetic kind. My only concern is that the dark tint lens material is not polycarbonate and may be too thick.

rated:
I you need a cheap exam and glasses try America's Best ( 2 pr single vision with exam $59.95+ $30 for bifocals ). Their web ad at www.two-pair.com shows this offer to expire Nov 15 2003 .
I called them and they said the price will go up by $ 10.00 .
Just stick to the basic frames and say no to the hard upsell on coatings etc. Also they do not include a visual fields test and make it an add-on ,however the optometrist does a simple one as part of the std exam .

Also check these DIY glasses out which I saw at the www.clarkhoward.com website . The link is

http://www.adaptive-eyecare.com . I'd like to try them .

rated:
Thanks for the helpful info! And thanks to OP as well!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 234569
  • Page
  • Next 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016