posted 13 years ago by
airflowmax

rated:
I know someone else who ordered half-rims with clip-on shades. He said he was very impressed. YMMV, but it's kinda hard to go wrong for the price. Once again, thanks so much to the early posters. I probably saved $300+ on these things and have been telling everyone I know about Zenni. Local places have two pairs for $100 or so, but they are never full rimless, never titanium, and usually plastic lenses. Fatwallet always has deals, but this is a deal and a half.

rated:
I got 2 pair from them. Very happy. Got half rims in like a week and the memory plastic 2 weeks later (the wait was agonizing). I'm looking forward to the new frames they are getting, maybe I'll get 3 or four! stupid people with their amazing prices and good quality!

oh, and i got a pair of plastic ones from 39dollarglasses.com and they are my fave. wear'em every day.

rated:
bibB said: We'll see when the arrive. Feedback to follow.

Ruler for your eyeballs.

More info about your eyes than you may want to know

ORDER DETAILS:
Item: 3207
Quantity: 1
Description: stainless steel full rim
Color Choices: 15 Brown
Coating Choices: Sunglass Tint - $4.95
Clip-On Sunshade: 0
OS Add BiFo: 0
3207 - $22.95
Price (each): $27.90
Item Total: $27.90

Item: 3204
Quantity: 1
Description: stainless steel full rim
Color Choices: 15 Brown
Coating Choices: Anti Reflection - $4.95
Clip-On Sunshade: 0
OS Add BiFo: 0
3204 - $22.95
Price (each): $27.90
Item Total: $27.90

Subtotal: $55.80
Shipping (Priority Mail or First Class with tracking#): +$4.95
Grand Total: $60.75

Ordered 14th received one pair 26th. I am "half order" very satisfied at this point.

@nd part of order took about 5 weeks. Nice pair. Not too thick though I did not pay the addidional money for "strong". Sunglass tint was a little "funny or off" from what I expected. Basic w/ glare coating great. Sunglass pair was fair ++.

rated:
I also ordered mine on April 14th and recieved it today(26th). I got the 3108 memory titanium rimless frame. The screws are covered with extra nuts now! The lenses are noticably thicker than my previous pair of glasses with .5 incremental on both eyes. The lense borders are trimmed as well. No finger prints either. Came with a case with magnetic lock and cleaning cloth. The nose tabs are not hard, probably made with silicon. Very impressive.

rated:
i get mine at the comptuer shows from some guy in a booth the back of his truck .. it work good and $5 no scrip need.. just pick one ..no coupon tho

rated:
for those of you that have the "cloudy" edges you might be able to take them to optical retailer that has a lab instore and they may be able to polish them for you(ymmv)..

i've worked the retail floor for about a year and now i work in the lab as a certified technician making lenses and putting them into frames for a major optical retailer.. i'd recommend using a site like this for a backup pair cause you never know when you'll need one.. anyway, getting proper pd and oc height measurements are very important for people who have a "strong presciption".. and unless your dr takes the time to write down the pd measurement on your presciption(which i hardly ever saw), it's very hard to eyeball with a ruler what it is accurately.. and as for oc height, it is different for every pair of glasses because the the size and shape of the frame and how it sits on you.. the measurements are more important in polycarbonate lenses because those lenses have more distortion in higher powers which is why we recommend a high index plastic lenses for people with a high cylinder power.. i would think using a website to get your glasses would be risky.. but for $20 it's not an expensive risk to take..

i was looking through the site and $5 for antireflective is d#mn good.. too bad i get get my glasses for free.. just to let you know if you get ar on your lenses, they scratch the easiest..

for those that are happy with your glasses this an awesome deal.. as for me i only have one pair of eyes and i am a -5.75 -.75 in both eyes so i'd rather get my glasses from a place where i can get immediate trouble shooting if anything is wrong with my glasses.. of course i make my own just so nothing is ever wrong with them..

also most optical retailers will check the presciption for free if you ask.. and yes, it is very easy to tell cheapos from "higher" quality frames..

rated:
do thy offer laserick for $20 too? that i would do .. and the flap surgary

rated:
When I ordered I did not add for "strong" (don't know if I was supossed to) (-4.75). What is this fee for? grinding? different lense material?

rated:
delldeallover said:

<< do thy offer laserick for $20 too? that i would do .. and the flap surgary >>

Lasik.

rated:
How do you measure where your eyes center on the lens? You know, when you go into an optician and they put those little marks on the lens to note where the center of focus is.

rated:
agasthya said:

<< delldeallover said:

<< do thy offer laserick for $20 too? that i would do .. and the flap surgary >>

Lasik.
>>

they do have laserik?? awesome.. how do u order that to do it over the nets

rated:
bibB said:

<< When I ordered I did not add for "strong" (don't know if I was supossed to) (-4.75). What is this fee for? grinding? different lense material? >>

I called after them finished my order to ask about that, they told it is for hi-index lens(1.6).
My eyes are -4.75 and -6.5. Yes I put "strong" in my order; and they told me they gona give the hi-index lens.
Hopefully, I undertodd they correctly.

rated:
echjan said:

<< I called after them finished my order to ask about that, they told it is for hi-index lens(1.6).
My eyes are -4.75 and -6.5. Yes I put "strong" in my order; and they told me they gona give the hi-index lens.
>>

i hoped that these grasses will improved your proof reading skillz because ur enlish sux.

thanks fri the infot houg

rated:
delldeallover said:

<< i hoped that these grasses will improved your proof reading skillz because ur enlish sux.
>>

I'm sorry, English is my second language and I'm still learning.
Perhaps, I'm too old to learning any new language.

I just tried to help....

rated:
Don't worry about your ability to format perfect sentences. You are doing just fine.

OK, I just received my sunlens glasses yesterday exactly two weeks after I ordered. The glasses are in perfect shape- one person complained about rust- The glasses are small like the granny glasses of old- It is now back in style. The magnetic sun lenses fit perfectly and "grab" on easily.
I would order again.

lclarke

rated:
echjan said:

<< bibB said:

<< When I ordered I did not add for "strong" (don't know if I was supossed to) (-4.75). What is this fee for? grinding? different lense material? >>

I called after them finished my order to ask about that, they told it is for hi-index lens(1.6).
>>

Does that mean if I add "strong" (hi-index), I will get "thinner" lens?

My eyes are -4.00. According to the website, I don't need to add "strong". But I want thinner lens. So should I add "strong" in my order then?

Thanks.

rated:
why the largest axis is only 180 in the prescription form? how to fill for a larger one?

rated:
oopss...

rated:
joejeeth said:

<< Does that mean if I add "strong" (hi-index), I will get "thinner" lens?

My eyes are -4.00. According to the website, I don't need to add "strong". But I want thinner lens. So should I add "strong" in my order then?

Thanks.
>>

I think you ask me....
Here is my poor English...

I can not said "YES" to you.
Here is what I did:

1. Put "Extra-strong" and comment that I want Hi-index lens
2. Hours after I made order, I called and asked I want Hi-Index. The guy who answerthe phone told me that he would give me Hi-index Len.

I have not got my eye-glasses yet, so I don't know..........
I will report when I get it.

rated:
mecat said:

<< why the largest axis is only 180 in the prescription form? how to fill for a larger one? >>

<br />
<br />
axis is measured from 0 to 180... if you have a higher number than 180 on your presciption go back to your dr get your money back and tell him/her that they don't know what they are doing..

rated:
Is there anyway to get the lenses color coated like at the 39dollarglasses site? That would be totally awesome.

rated:
I've now purchased and received glasses from both 39dollarglasses and ZenniOptical. Talk about 2 wildly different experiences.

My order from 39dollarglasses arrived in 10 days, well packed, and the glasses were perfect - thin lenses, frame was straight and of nice quality, and polarization in the sunglasses was awesome.

I received my order from Zenni yesterday. I ordered rimless titanium glasses, and while the price was right, the glasses were poor quality - the lenses weren't mounted straight in the frame. The screws that attach the lenses to the frame (this has been mentioned before) were 3 times as long as they needed to be, and as I tried to adjust the glasses to straighten then out, the right lens snapped right where the right temple attached. Additionally, it took almost 7 weeks for the glasses to arrive.

rated:
damager said:

<< I received my order from Zenni yesterday. I ordered rimless titanium glasses, and while the price was right, the glasses were poor quality - the lenses weren't mounted straight in the frame. The screws that attach the lenses to the frame (this has been mentioned before) were 3 times as long as they needed to be, and as I tried to adjust the glasses to straighten then out, the right lens snapped right where the right temple attached. Additionally, it took almost 7 weeks for the glasses to arrive. >>

your nickname matches your post

Why didn't you send them back for repair ?

Now you broke them and you're complaining.

Most everyone here received their glasses in 2 to 3 weeks.

Are you sure you don't work for $39 glasses ?

rated:
Yep - in this case my name does match. I'll be calling Zenni about options.

I just others to see my experience. I'm glad Zenni worked better for you. I've probably had 30 pairs of glasses in my life from all kinds of sources, and I've NEVER broken one within 1 hour of trying them on, so buyer beware.

rated:
If only Zenni would carry glasses in slightly longer temple lengths....

rated:
delldeallover said:

<< echjan said:

<< I called after them finished my order to ask about that, they told it is for hi-index lens(1.6).
>>

i hoped that these grasses will improved your proof reading skillz because ur enlish sux.

>>

ironic, isn't it?

rated:
damager said:

<< Yep - in this case my name does match. I'll be calling Zenni about options.

I just others to see my experience. I'm glad Zenni worked better for you. I've probably had 30 pairs of glasses in my life from all kinds of sources, and I've NEVER broken one within 1 hour of trying them on, so buyer beware.
>>

were all 30 of your previous glasses rimless/drill mount that you tried to adjust yourself?

rated:
drewdogg808 said:

<< ironic, isn't it? >>

I don't what you try to do. I have been FW member for 2 years.
I tried to shared something all people...
Yes, my English is BADDDDD....Well is not my ancestor's language....
Yes you can laugh at that.....

I am not employee of Zenni or 39dollars either, but which one givesus the best quality that is worth our money is what I am looking for......

Don't S..... here man

rated:
Wow - rough crowd. Just trying to pass on my experience to others - take it as you will. The point is - I shouldn't have had to adjust them - they were ridiculously cockeyed when I received them.

Got it? Good....

rated:
damager said:

<< Wow - rough crowd. they were ridiculously cockeyed when I received them.

Got it? Good....
>>

what do u call men with nut over eye ?

rated:
delldeallover said: echjan said:

>>

echjan, my prior comment was not towards you...it was just funny that delldeallover was poking fun at your english/proof reading when in fact his was pretty bad.

rated:
drewdogg808 said: echjan, my prior comment was not towards you...it was just funny that delldeallover was poking fun at your english/proof reading when in fact his was pretty bad.

Alright man, I misunderstood your post.

Here is my update...

OK, I received my eye-glasses from Zenni yesterday.

1 Frame:

Ummm... I ordered memory Titanium frame, but the frame I got looks cheap...and there are some scrathes on it. I can see some spots which the color got of from the frame. I'm not sure it is Titanium........

2. Lens:
....They are absolutely not Hi-index (1.6) which I want. However the edges of both lens are good; compare to my local eye-glasses store they are fine. My eye-sights do not change much accroding to the comparision between the new and old prescripstion, but somehow I don't feel any confortable to wear it....Umm... Well I have been wearing eye-glasses since I was in high-school. This means something wrong with the lens, perhaps they are not accurate.

Well I think I got what I paid for $50.00. With this amount of money I can get only frame from my local eye-glasses stores....

I would use it as the backup since my old glasses still in the a good shape...

rated:
I paid $183 for the frame and lenses I got at Sears (I know, I know). Exact same frame and lens combo Zennio....$28 bucks! Got them today and can only say that I am extremely pleased with the quality. They got me right the first time!

Thanks OP!!!

rated:
I cancelled my order a few hours after placing it. I even got an email acknowledgement of cancellation. But they STILL charged my credit card. These bast@rds.

rated:
My order was placed on 4/30. I still did not get it.

rated:
Ok I've received my zenni glasses and have been wearing them for almost a week so here's my report... - At first they seemed to give me a headache but after a few days I adjusted. Could be due to the new prescription on which they're based. - I bought the cheapo $20 pair and am really happy with the look. I didn't think I would like them but I do. - Frames hinges were really tight and today part of it bent when putting them on. When I get home I'll see if I can straighten and put in a new screw. Da%n, I was getting to like these and was planning on buying a second pair!

rated:
Are you from their company?
WHy my order took almost 20 days?
MisterShiney said: Ok I've received my zenni glasses and have been wearing them for almost a week so here's my report... - At first they seemed to give me a headache but after a few days I adjusted. Could be due to the new prescription on which they're based. - I bought the cheapo $20 pair and am really happy with the look. I didn't think I would like them but I do. - Frames hinges were really tight and today part of it bent when putting them on. When I get home I'll see if I can straighten and put in a new screw. Da%n, I was getting to like these and was planning on buying a second pair!

rated:
Received my pair of glasses within two weeks of order. Overall, I am very pleased with them, especially considering the extremely low price.

rated:
is this offer still valid?

rated:
I just received my glasses yesterday and they're great.

There was only one problem with my order initially. I wanted reading glasses and said so in the comments area of the online order form. I filled out the form according to my prescription and put the "add power" in the area for OD/OS-Add (BiFo). Then I indicated I wanted single vision,thinking they would add the power to make the glasses reading glasses only.

After 2 weeks I called them to find out the status of my order and that's when I mentioned I wanted reading glasses and had said so in comments. Well anyway they missed it and began to make my glasses for distance only. They basically said "oops", we missed it. So they stopped that order and politely told me how I should have filled out the order form (incorporating the "add" into the OD/OS-SPH). They made the change in the order for me on the phone and it only took about a week or so after that to receive my glasses.

Everything seems correct and I'm very happy with my choice of frames. Although they don't offer "half-eye" frames which are normally used for reading glasses, frame # 3205 comes very close. I would defintely order from Zenni again, and the case they give you is very cool!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017