posted 14 years ago by
airflowmax

rated:
I am kickerstarter and I did not take up their offer. The fact that I have the glasses replaced at my local store and I posted back in May. It is pretty clear that my 30-day window has long passed.

rated:
mbahmar1jan said:   need more testimonial about this offer
  please do the needful

rated:
Muley said:   
OceanMist said:   Supersherry, 3 cheers for you!

I haven't had any offices completely refuse to give it to me, but they did create hassle.

- I asked for it from the eye doctor performing the eye exam. He said the person in the eyeglass area takes that measure. OK...
- Then I asked person in eyeglass area to measure my PD. He did, but didn't write it down.   He said "this is for when you order eyeglasses from us."

I said, "I have no intention of buying eyeglasses here and spending 4 hundred dollars. I'm going to order online. However, I just paid for an exam and need that measurement."

Ultimately I got it but I had to write it down myself.   I didn't know I was entitled to that data under HIPAA. 

Thanks for posting that and the link!

we charge $20 for PD measurement.

you dont need to get an eye exam for a PD measurement.

i expect to see more and more people charging for PD measurements.

you only need one PD measurement for your life once you turn 20ish.

LOL.  $20 for a PD measurement.
This can be done easily with the help of a friend.  Nothing highly technical involved.  Just need to take the measurement in millimeters between the center of the pupils.

rated:
The eyeglass place my Mom got her latest pair of glasses at that insurance paid for gave us her PD measurement for free. The insurance pays for a pair every few years so having that measurement will come in handy when I get around to ordering her a backup pair online.

rated:
I just ordered 3 pairs for spare. I always forget where I put my eyeglass since I just need that for driving. I just do PD measurement myself. I wore my eye glass and use a erasable marker to put a dot in center of pupil for each eye in front of a mirror. Take it down and measure the distance.

rated:
merchant in title please

rated:
Anyone gotten a decent deal on bifocals lately? Seems like when I'm looking for something the good coupons and etc. go into hiding. Trying to purchase a backup new pair for my Mom because her current ones are on the verge of breaking.

rated:
NxFlash said:   All three of my thumbs are up for Zenni. Haven't worn glasses for years
but always avoided night driving because of "fuzzy flares" around all
lights and signs, etc.

After spending big dollars to get our 10 yr. old daughter glasses I knew
the only way I'd be able to take care of my problem would be to do it
on the cheap. Went to the local optometry college and after pleading
financial woe (they wanted $140 for a student to give me an exam. Yikes!)
was given a full exam for $40. Used their dispensary to double-check lens
width, temple length, pupillary distance, etc. Went home, pulled out
the prescription, filled in the blanks on Zenni's site, took a deep breath,
and hit the send button.

Two weeks and two days later (West Coast) I received a nice pair of gold
memory titanium rimless glasses. They came in a very nice plastic case with
a great cleaning cloth (which I gave to darling daughter... hot breath and tp
works fine for me!). The gold color is actually a bit darker giving them more of
a bronze look which is even better for me than a bright yellow-type gold look.

The anti-reflective coating works super, I drive at night with a huge smile on
my face. (Makes me want to go out at night more often... not!) And yes, I got the funky, "CIA" style flip ons and I love them too! (Daughter disagrees, begs me to
never flip them up in public. Ha! Can't wait!)

The glasses with all add-ons and shipping were about $40. I could've spent an
additional $20 to get the bifocals but having read of someone else having trouble
with where the line was put on their glasses and knowing that our local dollar store
carries a multitude of reading glasses, I chose to not tempt fate in that regard.
The gamble was on the lens and frame style and that turned out okay so for my needs
Zenni helped prove, "beggars *can* be choosers!"

I think the minimum for bifocals is 39 mm lens height. If you select a frame smaller than that and insist on bifocal lenses being ground for them it would be a problem. Not the fault of the manufacturer. I learned this from their own site, so there is no deception taking place on their part. I have ordered from them 3 times and always received excellent service. Comparable glasses from local optometrist were $360, While from Zenni they were $70. I broke one frame within a year and they were replaced free of charge within a very reasonable time.

rated:
chubbypops said:   
NxFlash said:   All three of my thumbs are up for Zenni. Haven't worn glasses for years
but always avoided night driving because of "fuzzy flares" around all
lights and signs, etc.

After spending big dollars to get our 10 yr. old daughter glasses I knew
the only way I'd be able to take care of my problem would be to do it
on the cheap. Went to the local optometry college and after pleading
financial woe (they wanted $140 for a student to give me an exam. Yikes!)
was given a full exam for $40. Used their dispensary to double-check lens
width, temple length, pupillary distance, etc. Went home, pulled out
the prescription, filled in the blanks on Zenni's site, took a deep breath,
and hit the send button.

Two weeks and two days later (West Coast) I received a nice pair of gold
memory titanium rimless glasses. They came in a very nice plastic case with
a great cleaning cloth (which I gave to darling daughter... hot breath and tp
works fine for me!). The gold color is actually a bit darker giving them more of
a bronze look which is even better for me than a bright yellow-type gold look.

The anti-reflective coating works super, I drive at night with a huge smile on
my face. (Makes me want to go out at night more often... not!) And yes, I got the funky, "CIA" style flip ons and I love them too! (Daughter disagrees, begs me to
never flip them up in public. Ha! Can't wait!)

The glasses with all add-ons and shipping were about $40. I could've spent an
additional $20 to get the bifocals but having read of someone else having trouble
with where the line was put on their glasses and knowing that our local dollar store
carries a multitude of reading glasses, I chose to not tempt fate in that regard.
The gamble was on the lens and frame style and that turned out okay so for my needs
Zenni helped prove, "beggars *can* be choosers!"

I think the minimum for bifocals is 39 mm lens height. If you select a frame smaller than that and insist on bifocal lenses being ground for them it would be a problem. Not the fault of the manufacturer.

Glad you did well.

However, my most recent wasn't the same. I had bought two pair of bifoculs, one from Zenni and another from a competitor. The competitor worked but discovered after 30 days that the Zenni were not correct. My bad for not investigating my issues but I thought it was due to the frame not being adjusted locally only to discover they had made the right eyes focus so narrow that they are unusable.  Basically told me I should have caught their mistake earlier...

rated:
Goferebater said:   
Muley said:   
OceanMist said:   Supersherry, 3 cheers for you!

I haven't had any offices completely refuse to give it to me, but they did create hassle.

- I asked for it from the eye doctor performing the eye exam. He said the person in the eyeglass area takes that measure. OK...
- Then I asked person in eyeglass area to measure my PD. He did, but didn't write it down.   He said "this is for when you order eyeglasses from us."

I said, "I have no intention of buying eyeglasses here and spending 4 hundred dollars. I'm going to order online. However, I just paid for an exam and need that measurement."

Ultimately I got it but I had to write it down myself.   I didn't know I was entitled to that data under HIPAA. 

Thanks for posting that and the link!

we charge $20 for PD measurement.

you dont need to get an eye exam for a PD measurement.

i expect to see more and more people charging for PD measurements.

you only need one PD measurement for your life once you turn 20ish.

LOL.  $20 for a PD measurement.
This can be done easily with the help of a friend.  Nothing highly technical involved.  Just need to take the measurement in millimeters between the center of the pupils.

True, the charge is to cover staff time.

We also charge to adjust glasses that were not purchased from us.  A trend you will see more and more.

rated:
Rowan said:   Anyone gotten a decent deal on bifocals lately? Seems like when I'm looking for something the good coupons and etc. go into hiding. Trying to purchase a backup new pair for my Mom because her current ones are on the verge of breaking.
  Just go to Zennioptical.com and buy from them. I really don't think their prices and quality can be beat...
I have bifocals from them (no line), and think they are very good even after 4-5 years. (or more, can't remember when I got them LOL)

rated:
sartor said:   
Rowan said:   Anyone gotten a decent deal on bifocals lately? Seems like when I'm looking for something the good coupons and etc. go into hiding. Trying to purchase a backup new pair for my Mom because her current ones are on the verge of breaking.
  Just go to Zennioptical.com and buy from them. I really don't think their prices and quality can be beat...
I have bifocals from them (no line), and think they are very good even after 4-5 years. (or more, can't remember when I got them LOL)

That's where I ended up looking. I just wish their search saved it's settings after looking at each frame's profile pages. I keep having to redo the search settings each time I check out the full details for a frame.

rated:
Rowan said:     That's where I ended up looking. I just wish their search saved it's settings after looking at each frame's profile pages. I keep having to redo the search settings each time I check out the full details for a frame.

seconded !!

rated:
What an amazing thread. Thanks to all who have contributed, especially OP.

rated:
funetix said:   What an amazing thread. Thanks to all who have contributed, especially OP.
  Have to agree. Started to RED you since we have so many first reply'ers here lately saying the same type things. Then I looked at your join date. So let me be one of the first to welcome you to FW though you prob have been lurking all this time

rated:
I have bought 2 pairs of glasses from them and am very satisfied.

rated:
I have bought from them three times and have never had a problem. I did break one frame once and they promptly sent me a replacement. I have paid $65-$70 there for glasses that were as good as ones that were $350 plus from a local optometrist. Titanium frame, progressive lenses, coatings and etc. the same.

rated:
I would like to know ur prices for progressives and tinted glasses for plastic frames

The frames are large

rated:
@Rowan, I'm trying to find out the email address of the person who is responsible for their Zenni website
the manager, not the technical person
so they can prioritize the feature you described that you (and I, and probably lots of others) would find very high value

This pair is being shipped to me now:
http://www.zennioptical.com/womens-acetate-plastic-rectangle-eye... 

and I've already received
http://www.zennioptical.com/colorful-two-tone-cat-eye-eyeglass-f... 
which I **love**. The greenish color goes great with brown hair, and they weigh NOTHING.
I have learned that my definition of "nothing" now is 13 grams.
i.e. Frame Weight:13
At 13 grams, I literally can hardly feel them on my nose, which I need for my "computer distance" script.
For sunglasses, heavier (24 grams) is OK.

Therefore, another Zenni website wishlist:
- Searching based on frame weight 
- In addition to what Rowan requested below, Remember The Head that I want to use for trying on glasses.
The "quick view" defaults to the little boy.  I repeatedly have to switch it to the woman with a pd = 62.  
I just wish their search saved it's settings after looking at each frame's profile pages. I keep having to redo the search settings each time I check out the full details for a frame.

rated:
I've made about 5 orders from Zenni and have not had issues.   Haven't liked some of the frames I've ordered, but that's a price I'm willing to pay when they are this cheap.  I also use Zenni's generic chromatic tinting and have been happy with it ... much cheaper than paying for name branded tinting (like Transitions).

rated:
rocketadeleranger said:   I would like to know ur prices for progressives and tinted glasses for plastic frames

The frames are large

Just measure your frames in MM, (vertical size and horizontal size of lens) and go to Zennioptical.com..
You can search my max frame / lens size I think... 

rated:

compare (1,018.65kB)
Disclaimer
My recent experience with Zenni and a warning. They have changed the minimum thickness of their lens. The site says that the minimum lens are 1.57, however my recent pairs were far thicker than this. I noticed that upon receipt of my eyeglasses, they no longer enclosed an invoice stating the order details, price, prescription, frame number, lens thickness, etc.  I ordered the exact frame and prescription from four years ago. I found my old eyeglasses and compared them side by side. The difference was amazing. The new regular lens were thicker than the old progressive lens! Additionally, I compared my last order from another store, these lens are also thinner. yet they are the same 1.57.

Zenni has refused to address the differences in the quality and thickness of the lens by repeatedly regurgitating their warranty and return policy after I emailed them the undeniable photos. I am very upset in that I will have to pay return shipping and most likely will not get the initial shipping cost returned!

rated:
Retailnever said:   My recent experience with Zenni and a warning. They have changed the minimum thickness of their lens. The site says that the minimum lens are 1.57, however my recent pairs were far thicker than this. I noticed that upon receipt of my eyeglasses, they no longer enclosed an invoice stating the order details, price, prescription, frame number, lens thickness, etc.  I ordered the exact frame and prescription from four years ago. I found my old eyeglasses and compared them side by side. The difference was amazing. The new regular lens were thicker than the old progressive lens! Additionally, I compared my last order from another store, these lens are also thinner. yet they are the same 1.57.

Zenni has refused to address the differences in the quality and thickness of the lens by repeatedly regurgitating their warranty and return policy after I emailed them the undeniable photos. I am very upset in that I will have to pay return shipping and most likely will not get the initial shipping cost returned!

Is the lack of thickness causing an issue? I don't understand your complaint.

rated:
bigittyben said:   
Retailnever said:   My recent experience with Zenni and a warning. They have changed the minimum thickness of their lens. The site says that the minimum lens are 1.57, however my recent pairs were far thicker than this. I noticed that upon receipt of my eyeglasses, they no longer enclosed an invoice stating the order details, price, prescription, frame number, lens thickness, etc.  I ordered the exact frame and prescription from four years ago. I found my old eyeglasses and compared them side by side. The difference was amazing. The new regular lens were thicker than the old progressive lens! Additionally, I compared my last order from another store, these lens are also thinner. yet they are the same 1.57.

Is the lack of thickness causing an issue? I don't understand your complaint.

The lens are very thick like the bottom of old coke bottles.  For individuals with a strong Rx, the higher the prescription, the thicker the lens. The primary reason that Zenni became an internet sensation was because they were the first in the industry who did not add exorbitant and extra charges for thinner lens. Their lowest index standard was 1.57 thickness as opposed to 1.49/1.50. The latest glasses that I received were definitely thicker than the 1.57 lens that i ordered.  Those who are paying for higher index lens thinner than 1.57 are probably being cheated also.    

rated:
yup, they ship from china. If you wnat something in a week or faster, you pay more for it-easy peasy

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 165666768 69
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017