EDIT: Please add your employer and amount of discount to Quick Update so this can self-update.

Updated list below of some companies that offer Sprint customer discounts. .

Call 1-888-252-2930 or *2 from your PCS phone and ask to get a business employee discount. They will switch you to the business section and get your employer's information. Depending on where you work, you can get anywhere from 5 to 25% off of your bill. I dropped my bill $15/month.

Just so you know, it does not affect your current plan (even if it's a retention plan) and does not affect your contract. The only thing that will change is your billing cycle, changing it to the 1st of the month, which is more helpful anyway.

Hope this helps out. Rate positive if helpful

Check update below for list

Views
419 Comments
Add Comment
Wow, never knew about this. I'm gonna try calling now.

Thanks, OP.

Well Gian since I told you about this I figured I should post and rate it positive too.

My wife and I are enjoying 25% discount thanks to healthcare affiliation. I really thought this was more common knowledge coming from Sprintpcs newsgroup and Sprintpcs forums...

edit: its not JUST healthcare... many businesses enjoy discounts with Sprint, they just aren't as high as 25% normally its 5-10%. so call up and see if your company has any kind of discount available. this only applies to like fortune 500 type companies not mom and pop restaurants etc.

wow, thanks man! I gonna check it out. Was considering switching over to sprint pcs anyway. Can I find out size of the discount that I quilify for even before signing a contract? TIA

Pretty sure you can. Just call up sprint and asked to be switched to the business department and just try to look up your employer benefits.

anyone know about teachers or marriott employees?

Does anyone know if you will be treated any differently with this business discount when your contract is due and you try to get a decent retention plan?

There's more in this thread here:

Text

I signed up through a friend working at Boeing for 25% off. You don't even have to work at those companies, just have one of the family members work there to sign up.

students???

Any Verizon folks visiting this thread. Remember VerizonWireless has a similar plans.

Hey, I am a Nurse... I guess I have to call to find out.

any idea if this will work for medical students? guess i will be an intern in 8 months but...

I called and inquired about this and they asked me the name of my company. I work for a state medical university and I am a resident. They told me they do not know anything about this discount. They looked under all the possible names of the university and could not find anything. Any suggestions?

xerox has 15% discount..

Bank of America has 20%
Ernst and Young has 15%
UBS has nothing

Northwestern Mutual- 13%
they also have discounts for verizon and cingular

Chase has a 25% discount. As with many things people don't take the time out to learn as much as they can about it. I suggest all SprintPCS users check out the SprintPCS newsgroups and forums. You spend $500+ per year on your plan, you really should inform yourself on how to get the best out of it.

Askani said:

<< I suggest all SprintPCS users check out the SprintPCS newsgroups and forums. >>

GOOD ADVICE.

SAIC 10%

GE 25%

wfay said:

<< Askani said:

<< I suggest all SprintPCS users check out the SprintPCS newsgroups and forums. >>

GOOD ADVICE.
>>

Thanks. BTW, UPS 25%

Arthur Andersen = 20%

I still have the same discount from the old Andersen days even though they are out of business... I now work for another Big 4 firm, but not sure what the new discount would be. Too lazy to check...

I used to work for office depot and i got a pretty nice discount...
$15 a month ($20 with taxes and stuff) for 1,000 anytime 1,000 nights and weekends

Askani said:

Where do you find these newsgroups and forums your talking about?

rdodolak said:

<< Askani said:

>>

search the newsgroups for sprint and sprintPCS

United Airlines: 25%

Just called - KPMG 12%

Capital One -- 12%

Now thats sad- I work for Sprint [local division] and we only get a 23% discount [which for me just covers taxes].

CitiGroup 25%

Electronic Data Systems (EDS) 25%

ChevronTexaco - 20%

rdodolak said:

<< Askani said:

>>

Check out Sprint PCS Info and SprintUsers.com as they are the two SprintPCS focused sites I visit. HowardForums is a general cell/mobile phone site, but they have a nice SprintPCS section.

Does T-Mobile have anything like this?

If you call and they tell you that they don't know what you're talking about, just asked to be transferred to the business department. And thanks to all for listing the amounts, hopefully it'll help some people out. Good luck

Oracle, 10%.

anyone know if city government employees receive these types of discounts as well?

Sherwin Williams Company Employees get the following:

Sprint PCS - 18% off
AT&T wireless - 5% off service plans, 15% bonus minutes, 20% equipment discount
Nextel - 10% off service, 30% off phones, 20% off accessories, free activation

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016