Call T-Mobile Business Direct at 866-464-8662. Push 3. Tell them you want the Wing associated with promotional code "Windows Mobile." In order to qualify you must be starting a new line (whether family or individual).

The T-Mobile wing was $149-50 rebate = $99 after rebate, free activation, free shipping. 1 year contract. The regular price is $300 after rebate, so this is a huge discount.

I played with the Wing in the store.. b/c I was originally in between getting the Wing and the Dash.. but the Wing had a much nicer, bigger keyboard which was easier to use, a larger LCD, and an awesome touchscreen with stylus. And it's really not that much bigger/heavier. Someone else used the analogy that once you've used the Wing with the big touchscreen LCD, if you try to go back to the Dash it's like using a computer without a mouse.. and I definitely agree.

Good luck.

_______________________________________________________

UPDATE:

Some people are saying their customer service reps are asking for additional information. More than 90% of us didn't have that experience. Just say 'it's promotional code Windows Mobile' and that's all they should need. If they still don't get it, just hang up and call again.

_______________________________________________________


Also, on the dash thread, someone posted the following workaround to get unlimited internet via t-zones. It's slower but it's only $5.99 vs $30. I had to play with setting it up a bit b/c apparently the interface for the Wing (Windows Mobile 6.0) is a bit different than for Dash (WM 5.0), but eventually I got it to work.

RapaciousEbayer said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tzones plan workaround, Make sure you follow these directions step-by-step:

Connections -> Proxy -> T-Zones Proxy setup
Connects from: WAP Network
Connects to: The Internet
Proxy (name : port): 216.155.165.50:8080
Type: HTTP
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>

Connections -> GPRS-> T-Mobile Data
Connects to: WAP Network
Access point: wap.voicestream.com
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
IP address: <blank>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views
1177 Comments
Add Comment
No 3G or EVDO service. So stuck with crappy EDGE. Waste.

tempting...but i just did the 4 dashes beginning of the month...will just wait until next year...hopefully then the 3G's will start showing up

NW

NightWatcher said: tempting...but i just did the 4 dashes beginning of the month...will just wait until next year...hopefully then the 3G's will start showing up NW

What is 3G/EVDO?

EVDO is a CDMA 3G technology (Sprint / Verizon / Alltel etc) so it's not surprising that it's unavailable from a GSM carrier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3g

I got my service for the Dash and am very happy with the Dash. I cracked one QTEK 9100 (MDA) and have replacement bought from eBay. For now I will stay away from the touch screen WM phone. Make sure that the Wing has dual speakers like the QTEK 9100/MDA, that is a nice feature. I am not bashing the wing, I think it's very stylish. I just want to make you aware of how easy a screen can break. Do get the protection plan for $5.99 if you decide to buy the wing.

The 2 year contract is a deal killer for me.

That's part of the reason why I got the Dash for $50 and only 1 year contract. By that time, hopefully I can get in line for a 3G phone. I don't want to be tied for 2 years on an EDGE/non-3g device.

EDIT: I didn't read your post about the 1 year. Other places I read it was a 2 year contract. So I'm not sure. I might give them a call and get one if this is true. I'm on a family plan with 2 phones right now.

I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

chaserx said: I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

I'm with TMO using DASH right now. Been thinking of switching to Sprint but I've heard a lot of bad stories about their CS, plus the phone selection isn't that great from Sprint. The Dash beats the Q by a mile, hands down.

Econometrician said: chaserx said: I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

I'm with TMO using DASH right now. Been thinking of switching to Sprint but I've heard a lot of bad stories about their CS, plus the phone selection isn't that great from Sprint. The Dash beats the Q by a mile, hands down.
Sprint's data network is pretty impressive, but I hated their CS when I was with them years ago.

jpmaz said: EVDO is a CDMA 3G technology (Sprint / Verizon / Alltel etc) so it's not surprising that it's unavailable from a GSM carrier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3g


If you want 3G GSM go Cingular.

kamakazii, just out of curiousity, where did you get the tmobile dash for $50 with a one year contract? I've been trying to find a deal like that for a while now...

Arrrrgh!!! If only I had waited!!!

desiss said: kamakazii, just out of curiousity, where did you get the tmobile dash for $50 with a one year contract? I've been trying to find a deal like that for a while now...

Link

kamakazii said: Econometrician said: chaserx said: I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

I'm with TMO using DASH right now. Been thinking of switching to Sprint but I've heard a lot of bad stories about their CS, plus the phone selection isn't that great from Sprint. The Dash beats the Q by a mile, hands down.
Sprint's data network is pretty impressive, but I hated their CS when I was with them years ago.

Yup. After having me as a loyal customer for 3+ years, they would rather let me walk away than give me a cheapass replacement phone (which would cost them next to nothing).

I walked straight to T-Mobile and never looked back.

jpmaz said: EVDO is a CDMA 3G technology (Sprint / Verizon / Alltel etc) so it's not surprising that it's unavailable from a GSM carrier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3g



I know EVDO is CDMA. I was just referencing that to anybody that may be on a current CDMA plan and was looking to switch to this device. They would be VERY disapointed stepping down to EDGE if they are on an EVDO or UTMS (3G) device.

I fooled around with EDGE on a Tmo and Cingular phone. It pales in comparison to a 3G device. Getting a windows mobile phone most likely means you would be browsing the web alot. But having EDGE kills it because webpages would take twice as long to load.

If you are looking to switch carriers... I highly recommend Sprint SERO. $30 a month for 500 mins, full PDA internet, unlimited texting, 7PM N/W, M2M (Sprint or Nextel) free. About $34-35 after taxes. You can get either the Treo 700wx... or the 6700. There is a 6800 thats due out in a few months that looks really nice.

Sprint customer service is 100x better now than it was years ago. Look at any of the SERO threads and you will see the CSRs are giving the world away to customers.

I played with a Q in a sprint store the other day to compare to my dash. the download speeds aren't fast enough to convince me to switch, especially with tmo rolling out their 3g network this year, as well as the one year contracts.

The noticeable difference happens when you're tethered to a laptop. then the speed difference is night and day.

the websites I used to test were eBay/comleted auctions, some private data intesive websites, fatwallet and Amazon. ymmv.

so if you're only using your smartphone and you don't plan to tether often, it's a tossup. for me the tmo speeds are fine as I only tether once or twice a month.

I also tested out the treo 700p and wx with similar results. it seems as though the device is the bottleneck when it comes to rendering pages.

as stated before, my experience is ymmv and yours may differ.

I'm hoping sprint comes out with a device later this year that is capable of rendering websites quickly enough to notice a difference. $30/month is tough to beat.

Econometrician said: [Been thinking of switching to Sprint but I've heard a lot of bad stories about their CS

they're the worst. if you don't mind getting treated like dook on a regular basis, then Sprint's for you

Has anyone been able to get this for 150?

I am out of contract and have 4 lines on family plan... was wondering if I could keep the number and get this phone or do I have to cancel it and renew the lines?

So here's the skinny. I signed up for the Dash when it became available for $50 AR from the business direct site. I also have the 1000 sms txt bundle. I would really prefer the Wing. How does this sound. Sign up for another line and get the Wing. Cancel my dash line due to the txt increase. Is this the right way to do it? Any suggestions? TIA

angryasian said: So here's the skinny. I signed up for the Dash when it became available for $50 AR from the business direct site. I also have the 1000 sms txt bundle. I would really prefer the Wing. How does this sound. Sign up for another line and get the Wing. Cancel my dash line due to the txt increase. Is this the right way to do it? Any suggestions? TIA

when you signed up, you were already notified of the txt rate increase so you wouldn't be able to use it as a get out of jail card.

I can't be that ignorant. They notified me when i signed up? I thought they just increased it 2 months ago.

angryasian said: So here's the skinny. I signed up for the Dash when it became available for $50 AR from the business direct site. I also have the 1000 sms txt bundle. I would really prefer the Wing. How does this sound. Sign up for another line and get the Wing. Cancel my dash line due to the txt increase. Is this the right way to do it? Any suggestions? TIA

Call to verify that you can indeed cancel your current line without an early termination fee. If you can, then why not? Why any hesitation..?

mikegelf said: Call T-Mobile Business Direct at 866-464-8662. Push 3. Tell them you want the Wing associated with promotional code "Windows Mobile." In order to qualify you must be starting a new line (whether family or individual).

The T-Mobile wing was $149-50 rebate = $99 after rebate, free activation, free shipping. 1 year contract. The regular price is $300 after rebate, so this is a huge discount.

I played with the Wing in the store.. b/c I was originally in between getting the Wing and the Dash.. but the Wing had a much nicer, bigger keyboard which was easier to use, a larger LCD, and an awesome touchscreen with stylus. And it's really not that much bigger/heavier.

Good luck.


I checked the site of tmobile, I found the constract is 2 years, no one year! please make sure!

with dash, website said 2yr, but it's 1yr when you call in.

who would mind when talking 15minute with CSR will save you 365days

Anyone know if this deal can be used as like what I read in the dash deal....I currently have a family plan with 3 lines. Could I add two lines with wings, then cancel two of the original lines, while transferring the old phone numbers onto the new wing lines? Hope that's not too confusing.

cjtct said: mikegelf said: Call T-Mobile Business Direct at 866-464-8662. Push 3. Tell them you want the Wing associated with promotional code "Windows Mobile." In order to qualify you must be starting a new line (whether family or individual).

The T-Mobile wing was $149-50 rebate = $99 after rebate, free activation, free shipping. 1 year contract. The regular price is $300 after rebate, so this is a huge discount.

I played with the Wing in the store.. b/c I was originally in between getting the Wing and the Dash.. but the Wing had a much nicer, bigger keyboard which was easier to use, a larger LCD, and an awesome touchscreen with stylus. And it's really not that much bigger/heavier.

Good luck.


I checked the site of tmobile, I found the constract is 2 years, no one year! please make sure!



We repeat, CALL IN!!! NOT AN ONLINE DEAL!!! LEARN TO READ NOOBS!

I knew about the Wing since about a month ago from howardsforum chatter. I was Tmobile MDA user back then and decided to leave Tmobile and switch to Cingular.

You can get the faster Cingular 8525 for $149 from Amazon, but with two years contract. I was amazed with the 3G speed and this certainly helps stabilize my over the air outlook sync. I can now also browse the net more comfortably with the 3G network. The cingular 8525 is also faster at 400 mhz vs Wing's 200mhz processor

Not to thread crap... however if you are like me and need the 3G speed for business purposes, I would advise you to reconsider the faster Cingular 3G network. I am a network administrator / IT consultant and it is essential for me to have an extremely stable and fast 3G network.

If you are not concerned about the Internet usage, then Wing is not such a bad deal... I especially love its thin body !

I would give this green for a 1 year $99 Wing.

Econometrician said: chaserx said: I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

I'm with TMO using DASH right now. Been thinking of switching to Sprint but I've heard a lot of bad stories about their CS, plus the phone selection isn't that great from Sprint. The Dash beats the Q by a mile, hands down.



this would be one of your biggest mistakes. Switching from tmobile customer service to sprint is like getting hit by a bus.

OrionTHX said: Econometrician said: chaserx said: I went with Sprint SERO - free Q instead of $50 Dash, and $30 per month instead of $60+.

I'm with TMO using DASH right now. Been thinking of switching to Sprint but I've heard a lot of bad stories about their CS, plus the phone selection isn't that great from Sprint. The Dash beats the Q by a mile, hands down.



this would be one of your biggest mistakes. Switching from tmobile customer service to sprint is like getting hit by a bus.

People seemed to really hate Sprint or really like Sprint, no middle ground. I really liked Sprint, then switch to Tmobile about 2 and a half years ago because of a good deal. I ported back over to Sprint in December for a Fusic and the Sero plan. I've had very few problems, and I've never had a problem. My only regret is being a cheapskate and not getting the Treo, but the Fusic is the best phone I've ever owned at the same time. I tried surfing the net on my friends Sidekick and it was soooo slow. I even have an Ipaq Tmobile and that was supper slow (I still use that as a GPS navigator and media player on trips). Once you try EVDO you'll never go back.

Thanks OP. I just signed up for an additional line on my OOC single line. I was able to get a $29.99 plan and $150 for the Wing minus a $50 rebate. I am hoping I will get lucky and get a CSR that will help me extend my old line contract for a year and can delete the new number I doubt it, but worth a try when I get the wing this friday. IF not... then my mom get a free phone line for a year and I get a new Wing. Good luck to all. FYI : The CSR I talked to said there was no minimum on the plan and no data package needed!

I like the MDA over the Dash only cause of the GPS software choices available, which I use the MDA for.

Being that RapaciousEbayer works for Microsoft, I'm surprised he didn't come up with this deal. I consider him a friend.

Thumbs up for you OP. Great deal.

Anyone having trouble getting the deal to go through? I am. They are asking for a promotional code as well as the company name. So if you have no code they ask for the company name. If you company is not part of the promotion they will refuse. I talked to another and he added an additional individual or family plan. Thus I would pay 2 x $39.99 per month for individual or $59.99 for the upgraded.

If anyone has gotten this to work let me know how you went about doing so or whom who spoke with. Thanks.

mach6 said: I like the MDA over the Dash only cause of the GPS software choices available, which I use the MDA for.
There are few available for Smartphone as well. TomTom and Route66 come to mind.

The0ne said: Anyone having trouble getting the deal to go through? I am. They are asking for a promotional code as well as the company name. So if you have no code they ask for the company name. If you company is not part of the promotion they will refuse. I talked to another and he added an additional individual or family plan. Thus I would pay 2 x $39.99 per month for individual or $59.99 for the upgraded.

If anyone has gotten this to work let me know how you went about doing so or whom who spoke with. Thanks.


Try different CSR, once you say the code, they'll know what to do. at least they are supposed to

What if you don't have a code and not part of the Microsoft family but want the phone. I had assumed by the original post that this was possible? It's a nice phone.

The0ne said: What if you don't have a code and not part of the Microsoft family but want the phone. I had assumed by the original post that this was possible? It's a nice phone.

This is for everyone. The code is "Windows Mobile". Some CSRs might get need you to actually say those words, but it should work. Tell em "Windows Mobile"



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016