posted 8 years ago by
pimento

I just passed by and found a topic about the combo deal in Microcenter, I think my deal is much better and worth a new topic.
Epson CX8400, ECS A770M-A and a crappy children camera for only $8.4 before tax
CX8400 $80
A770M-A $61.6
Children camera $20
Rebate: $140 + $10 for MB
Camera
Printer
Motherboard
The Mb is much better than 6100SM-M2 (1.0A) which is not availble instore actually (Cambridge, MA store has 2.0 version).
support Phenom, 4 SATA, more PCI and PCI-X, 2 more memory slots.

30 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Seems all sub $200 Epson printers are OOS

rated:
If it's a better deal, then change the title so it's not the same as the previous deal.

rated:
The camera would be useless to me. I don't have any crappy children to take pictures of, just one non-crappy child.

rated:
The camera is for the epson printer and camera rebate, I tried in December for this combo, it worked. Most stores still have CX8400 in stock or use R120 instead.

rated:
pimento... he's joking...

rated:
Thanks OP, still debating if I want to do this deal, only $20 after tax here, but may not have time to get to microcenter. On a mission to build a PC for free, or as close to free as possible, and motherboard deals are hard to come by.

rated:
Just got back from the Madison Heights, MI store. I bought the last ECS A770M-A MB. Don't believe what they have online as far as Epson Printers. They had huge stacks of all kinds of under $100 printers. I got the 9400 AIO Fax for $99.99.

Good find OP, thanks.

rated:
If your looking for an Intel motherboard, Gigabyte 954GCM mATX for 51.99 might be a good choice.

rated:
Didn't some folks report denied Epson rebates with these ultra cheap cameras?

See Redeye1978's comment here:

rated:
I tried in December, CX7400, ECS6200 MB and kids camera, got all my rebates, no problem.

rated:
What a waste - you try to add any of the sub-$100 epson printers to your "bag", and then get told that they are no longer available. They could simply show them as out of stock up front.

rated:
I emailed microcenter, asking them why they are the only online seller who seem unable to have any cheap epsons in stock (including the one they advertise on the front page of their web site!), and they never answered. That tells me they have no intention of stocking any of these until the rebates expire, when, magically, they will restock again. Or maybe there is some secret worldwide shortage of epson printers...lol, yeah, right.

rated:
captainkirk said: I emailed microcenter, asking them why they are the only online seller who seem unable to have any cheap epsons in stock (including the one they advertise on the front page of their web site!), and they never answered. That tells me they have no intention of stocking any of these until the rebates expire, when, magically, they will restock again. Or maybe there is some secret worldwide shortage of epson printers...lol, yeah, right.Yeah, and you gave them what, an hour to respond? Microcenter usually has the most inventory of ANY computer retailer I've ever purchased from. They usually have pallets full of advertised specials on the sales floor. I'll bet you didn't even read the rebate forms, so I'm sure you don't even know that the rebates have been going on for over a month already, even though the OP just posted the deal today, so lot's of people have already made their purchase and depleted their inventory.

Please adjust your tin foil hat. The paranoia rays in your brain are too well insulated and have no way out, captain crunch.

rated:
hey titewad, that was over a WEEK ago (this thread isn't the first on the topic, try to keep up!), and no reply, even though they say they will reply in "two business days". Duh! Maybe YOU can explain why they are magically out of stock of EVERY cheap epson printer that this rebate applies to, and won't respond to emails. Impress us with your intelligence.

rated:
captainkirk said: hey titewad, that was over a WEEK ago (this thread isn't the first on the topic, try to keep up!), and no reply, even though they say they will reply in "two business days". Duh! Maybe YOU can explain why they are magically out of stock of EVERY cheap epson printer that this rebate applies to, and won't respond to emails. Impress us with your intelligence. This deal has been valid since 1/28/08, a complete month. They had plenty at my local B&M.

You know, supplies aren't unlimited. Even Staples has quantity limits on their web site and their B&M stores. Ever notice that once Staples is out of an advertised special, it rarely comes back in stock, but it's usually back in stock Sunday morning? You think that Staples.com got a shipment in at midnight on Saturday night? Nope, they sold their allocated quantity at the sale price and that was it.

I can't say for sure that's what Microcenter is doing since their rebate periods are always much longer than a week, but if the manufacturer made a deal with them for so many units, then once they're sold out, tough luck.

rated:
Redbeard25 said: The camera would be useless to me. I don't have any crappy children to take pictures of, just one non-crappy child.

Non crappy green for the humour.

rated:
titewad: in all fairness, normally I find microcenter to be an excellent company. Its just odd that they advertise, for example, the epson cx8400 on their front web page - and don't have any, and haven't had any for weeks (i've been checking). And they never answered my email (actually two emails over that period of time). And that ALL their low-end epsons are sold out. I can understand selling out (it is a good deal...), but I find it annoying/suspicious that they can't seem to get more in, nor will they answer emails about it. It could all be a coincidence of course, or it could be an intentional effort to "manage" the situation by only keeping their stores supplied (there aren't any around me, so I don't know for certain, but from what I've read it seems like the stores manage to have some of these epsons around still...), where they can hope to sell you other things as well.

I'm as much annoyed at myself for not just doing the deal, even though I didn't need it at the time I first read about it. Now I could use a new motherboard at a FW-approved price, and I can't pull the string on the deal. Oh well...

rated:
captainkirk said: titewad: in all fairness, normally I find microcenter to be an excellent company. Its just odd that they advertise, for example, the epson cx8400 on their front web page - and don't have any, and haven't had any for weeks (i've been checking). And they never answered my email (actually two emails over that period of time). And that ALL their low-end epsons are sold out. I can understand selling out (it is a good deal...), but I find it annoying/suspicious that they can't seem to get more in, nor will they answer emails about it. It could all be a coincidence of course, or it could be an intentional effort to "manage" the situation by only keeping their stores supplied (there aren't any around me, so I don't know for certain, but from what I've read it seems like the stores manage to have some of these epsons around still...), where they can hope to sell you other things as well.

I'm as much annoyed at myself for not just doing the deal, even though I didn't need it at the time I first read about it. Now I could use a new motherboard at a FW-approved price, and I can't pull the string on the deal. Oh well...

Try calling: 1-800-634-3478

Or other contact methods: http://www.microcenter.com/customer_support/contact_us.html

I wrote a letter to them last year asking them to put the entire ad on-line instead of just the first and last pages. Now the entire ad is on-line. It could be a coincidence, but I'd like to think that after so many years of just having two pages of the ad on-line they listened to my suggestion.

rated:
Reseller Ratings for Microcenter:

Six-Month Rating: 2.88 / 10
Lifetime Rating: 4.31 / 10

rated:
Any chance that MC will extend/offer new promotion for mobo/printer combo? I will be in the vicinity of a B&M Tuesday (3/4), and would like to get in on the deal.

rated:
phillydude79 said: If your looking for an Intel motherboard, Gigabyte 954GCM mATX for 51.99 might be a good choice.

What's the difference between this Gigabyte 945GCM for $51.99 and this P4.945GCT-M/1333 (3.0) 775 for $37.99 AR?

rated:
fatweah said: phillydude79 said: If your looking for an Intel motherboard, Gigabyte 954GCM mATX for 51.99 might be a good choice.

What's the difference between this Gigabyte 945GCM for $51.99 and this P4.945GCT-M/1333 (3.0) 775 for $37.99 AR?
I did this deal from the other thread - I decided to go with the Gigabyte since you can mildly overclock it (I bought the E2160 processor, only OCed 1.8GHz->2.0GHz). Everything working great with the $3AR HP RAM from a while back

I bought the $20 crappy cam + Epson CX8400 ($80 - $140 rebates) + Canon IP3500 ($70 - $70 rebates)

ECS 945GCT-M/1333 reviews
GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C reviews

rated:
shank said: Any chance that MC will extend/offer new promotion for mobo/printer combo? I will be in the vicinity of a B&M Tuesday (3/4), and would like to get in on the deal.

Very slim at best. MC runs monthly sales, so March will be a whole new set of sales. Except for some low-end laptops, I don't usually see them running the same sale over two months.

Instead of getting a crappy children camera and potential Epson rebate problems, I decided to go with Nikon L14. It is $110, and that is about what it fetches on eBay. Nikon L11 is another good choice at $100, and close to $100 eBay value.

rated:
shank said: Any chance that MC will extend/offer new promotion for mobo/printer combo? I will be in the vicinity of a B&M Tuesday (3/4), and would like to get in on the deal.

I would suggest looking at the site a day or 2 before hand and see if there are new rebates for the same items. MC also did a similar rebate deal back in Jan. too.

rated:
Wanted Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, sold out and discontinued. (Houston Fry's I called had 43 in stock, grrrr)
Backup, wanted the EVGA 650i Ultra, Sold out. They could have shipped it from another store, but the deal would have expired before it got here to Houston.
Ended up spending a little more for the Asus P5K P35 for $135.99.

They also showed 4 CX7400 printers in stock, but said they were all returns or floor models, sigh. So I got the 8400 for $10 more. Plus I got the kids camera for $20.

I never realized how hard it was to find a cheap board that does Dual Channel 800 MHz memory at 2.2V and is compatible with the 1333 FSB.

There were at least 10 motherboards that filled some but not all of those criteria.

rated:
Tarajunky said: Wanted Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, sold out and discontinued. (Houston Fry's I called had 43 in stock, grrrr)

...I never realized how hard it was to find a cheap board that does Dual Channel 800 MHz memory at 2.2V and is compatible with the 1333 FSB.

There were at least 10 motherboards that filled some but not all of those criteria.

Is the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L motherboard is going to be discontinued by the manufacturer?

rated:
pentiuman said: Tarajunky said: Wanted Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, sold out and discontinued. (Houston Fry's I called had 43 in stock, grrrr)

...I never realized how hard it was to find a cheap board that does Dual Channel 800 MHz memory at 2.2V and is compatible with the 1333 FSB.

Is the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L motherboard is going to be discontinued by the manufacturer?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. I had them look it up in the system, and they told me that it was out of stock, and that it had been flagged in the Microcenter system as discontinued, so they would not be getting any more in.

By the way, for those who have done rebates with this camera before, what did you put down for the "Serial Number" field for the camera on the rebate form?

On my receipt it has s/n listed for each other item, but for the camera it says S/N: INSIDE. The camera itself doesn't have any serial number on it.

Edit: Looked at some old threads, and it looks like people are using the UPC#: 021331883797

rated:
Where is the kidz camera's serial number? I only found the UPC number, and on the top right of the plastic package there is a bar code with some code around it, is that the serial number?

rated:
I just received the one I did in Jan. for $75. I was lazy about the Epson and camera and the ECS mobo will I will just sell on eBay...

rated:
does micro center price match other stores.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016