rated:
Fun in the sun starts with a hot new phone!
Get $30 Off
Save $30 when you buy any phone or bundle for $79.99 or more.*
Use code: TFBTS30OFF
Offer Expires 8/14/16

*Offer available exclusively on TracFone.com. Phones, plans, and SIM Kits sold separately. Airtime Service Plan required for activation. While supplies last. Phone and plan purchase excluding tax must be from $79.99 or greater to qualify. Can be combined with other discounts when qualified. Promo codes have no cash value. When you purchase, activate, or use a TracFone phone or TracFone Wireless services, you agree to comply with the latest Terms and Conditions of Service, which are subject to change without notice. A bundle is the SIM plus a plan. When using the My Account app, standard data rates may apply. Information may be transmitted with a delay and may not reflect actual balances. TracFone® is a registered trademark of TracFone Wireless, Inc. ©2016 TracFone Wireless, Inc. 9700 NW 112th Avenue, Miami, FL 33178. All rights reserved.

rated:
????

Is it correct Tracfone is no longer activating models such as
LG 306G because they are 2G ?  They have the P5 Tmobile  sim card

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   Is it correct Tracfone is no longer activating models such as
LG 306G because they are 2G ?  They have the P5 Tmobile  sim card

That's a 3g phone, no worries.  
If one was planning on buying a year card or 450 unit card anyway, they could knock some money off of that using the  $30 coupon code. and getting a free LG Fuel (new?) or  refurbLucky and do what  they will with the phone  

rated:
No posts for a month!  My Lg33L Sunset has crapped out.  Waiting for a replacement from Tracfone, S/B received by Thursday.  The Sunset has a laundry list of symptoms...Won't power on.  Won't charge,  Screen comes on when hooked to the charger at night,.. the next morning the screen shows 0 % battery.  All these symptoms are intermittent.  Turned on and completed a call earlier today.  Now wont do anything at all. 

I am thinking of doing a factory reset if it comes on again.  I am afraid that will mess up the warranty providing a new phone from Tracfone.  Any thoughts?

rated:
Yeah, noticed there's less and less traffic on thread. The whole site for that matter.
Anyway,
My son's Iphone 5S working good. Occasionally adding text and data when running low. Any deals out there just for minutes? I have service until Jan/2018.

My Ultimate 2 works okay. Sometimes it needs to be rebooted so WIFI comes back on. Otherwise, it's good.

Well, thank you all with your help on my Tracfone inquiries. This was a very helpful thread.

rated:
tangster, I was also having trouble with my wifi on my U2 that I could "fix" by turning on airplane mode and then turning it off instead of rebooting the phone (it was quicker and easier)...I finally solved the problem by removing the tracfone ap.

rated:
Thanks for the tip!!
I will try that when in WIFI area. And I will remove the Tracfone app too. I use the browser link to check on my balances. That works better.

rated:
pennsatuckian said:   No posts for a month!  My Lg33L Sunset has crapped out.  Waiting for a replacement from Tracfone, S/B received by Thursday.  The Sunset has a laundry list of symptoms...Won't power on.  Won't charge,  Screen comes on when hooked to the charger at night,.. the next morning the screen shows 0 % battery.  All these symptoms are intermittent.  Turned on and completed a call earlier today.  Now wont do anything at all. 

I am thinking of doing a factory reset if it comes on again.  I am afraid that will mess up the warranty providing a new phone from Tracfone.  Any thought

I received the Package, and there was NO phone enclosed.  Just a label to ship my Defect back to them.  Called in to customer service (Miami) did a factory reset, per suggestion of the CSR, and I tried to keep the reset Sunset.  It worked fine for ~2 hours, then more of the same symptoms.  Packed up the Sunset, and sent it to them.  Now I am waiting (WITH NO CELL PHONE) for them to actually send me a phone.  So, folks that proves one more time that you can not count on what customer service says, and that they do not give a damn for the customers,  Gee, I was impressed when they stated they were sending me a new phone!  I guess they use this LIE to get more time to not have to actually provide cell phone service to customers.  The only reason I have a cellphone at all is for EMERGENCY USE.  Now I am forced to carry some old phone that is ONLY GOOD FOR 911 CALLS.  I am glad they are forced to handle 911 calls from any phone!  I have some old unactivated Tracfones, that I could have activated under the old rules (60 days service and 10 or 20 minutes talk time) that would have gotten me past the loss of service period,  But no, they changed that rule and now you must pay for a time card for activating any phone. 

Together with their new rules on transferring between phones, means, I guess I will be forced to find another answer.

rated:
It is very unusual for Tracfone to send the replacement before they receive the defective one.

rated:
Too bad you didn't have an at&t gophone the Sunset sim fit into to use until the replacement arrived

rated:
Trying to buy a ALCATEL A383G, discussed here in June 2015.

_ I contacted TF: they said "NO", will not work in my zip.

_ I contacted shopcelldeals: "YES"

checked an eBay seller:
<< This Phone Uses TracFone's  GSM Network for coverage.
<< Click here to verify coverage in your zip code. >>

entered my zip: 
<< TracFone has network coverage in your area.
<< The zip code 23958 is eligible for TracFone service. >>

<< eligible for TracFone service >>, Yes, I know - I had TF for 10 years.

do they mean the specific phone I am looking for OR any TF ???

Who do I believe ???

Thanks in advance for your help - my current phone is dying [bad battery I think]

rated:
mikebeets said:   Trying to buy a ALCATEL A383G, discussed here in June 2015.

_ I contacted TF: they said "NO", will not work in my zip.

_ I contacted shopcelldeals: "YES"

checked an eBay seller:
<< This Phone Uses TracFone's  GSM Network for coverage.
<< Click here to verify coverage in your zip code. >>

entered my zip: 
<< TracFone has network coverage in your area.
<< The zip code 23958 is eligible for TracFone service. >>

<< eligible for TracFone service >>, Yes, I know - I had TF for 10 years.

do they mean the specific phone I am looking for OR any TF ???

Who do I believe ???

Thanks in advance for your help - my current phone is dying [bad battery I think]

Short answer
Tracfone gsm come with either a P4 sim card (AT&T) or a P5 (Tmobile)
So, depending the TF sim card (based on model or original place of selling) they will tell you yes or no
The complete model number on the botton label in it will be either a
P4 or P5
(same for Net10 and StraightTalk)
Some models are cdma and will use Verizon
All Tracfones will not work  in all places

rated:
Am I correct

In reading previous posts when you buy a TF with 1 year and 1200 or so minutes, usually form QVC or HSN. TF will no longer transfer all that to another TF that has a long time left and 100's of minutes.
Thus negating an upgrade to a new  TF for little money

rated:
Yes,

my original idea was to upgrade my current TF - I have about 90 days & over 3000 mn.

I rarely use it, but I seem to have problem turning it back on. Could be battery. Not sure

So, I give up on buying a Smartphone or similar.  I like qwerties, so I may be happy with this ALCATEL A383G.

My problem is I travel for work 3 months a year.
I checked  2 of the zips I will need, NY & VT, they will work - they all said.

BUT: I need it to work at home too. 

<< The complete model number on the botton label >>
if I understand right :  I won't know until I buy it ?

Thanks for your help.

rated:
I just upgraded smart phone to smart phone that I bought through HSN. I used the chat on Tracfone's site to activate and all my time and service days came through along with the time included with the new phone. When you start the chat be sure you tell them what is currently on the old phone.

rated:
The Alcatel A383G from SCD/eBay store is not a qwerty, but is a nice bar phone you should like.
SCD lists the model number as TFALA383GDMP4ASSV
DM = DMFL the reason the bundled airtime is 400x2=800M
P4 = AT&T service - very few places it would not work.
The eBay warrenty period is 60 Days but the PayPal period is 180 Days.

rated:
One complaint for the Alacatel Big Easy is that the one time I put in it my back pocket  I pocket dialed 911. This was with the keys facing outward, and a locked screen,  You must dial 9 1 1 then send, so I thought it'd be impossible.   Even though I told the operator what happened a sheriff still came out to where I worked. 

rated:
<< TFALA383GDMP4ASSV >>

I cannot be sure the one I am looking out is the same model, then:

I don't see a model number.

https://shopcelldeals.com/collections/tracfone-phones/products/t...

TRACFONE ALCATEL A383G "BIG EASY PLUS" WITH ONE YEAR AND 800 MINUTES INCLUDED
$19.99

_ TF said won't work in my zip
_ shopcelldeals said it will
_ I asked them again: NO, it won't work !

I am on the verge of ordering it anyway.

Should I ?

rated:
done

$21.05 with tax

rated:
tracfancier said:   The Alcatel A383G from SCD/eBay store is not a qwerty, but is a nice bar phone you should like.

In the past I had bought dozens from SCD on eBay, all were TFALA383GDMP4ASSV
P4 AT&T

At $19.99 now direct what a deal, ordering more
Still $10 more on eBay

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
tracfancier said:   The Alcatel A383G from SCD/eBay store is not a qwerty, but is a nice bar phone you should like.

In the past I had bought dozens from SCD on eBay, all were TFALA383GDMP4ASSV
P4 AT&T

Still $10 more on eBay 

Wonder how long the shelf life of this package might be?  I am tempted to order one for the next time I have to get warranty service from Tracfone,  If the Paypal purchase protection covers 6 months, then I activate the BE+ it should be a good 18 month backup!  Agree?

rated:
I had not looked at the SCD web site.
Nowhere at the SCD website does it give the model number. You would have to e-mail them for the provider (ALL from e-Bay have been AT&T)
That is a good price. The PayPal 180 day guarantee would cover your total cost of purchase if the phone didn't get the minutes/days and SCD said it was past their warranty period.
I had trouble when I transferred service from an old phone to activate the 383, the minutes were correct but I did not get the year. That was a long time ago and Tracfone was not aware of the deal, even Corporate regulations who finally believed me. SCD/e-Bay said they would not help me since it happened past their guarantee period. SO BE AWARE OR THE GUARRANTEED PERIODS.

rated:
HSN has the ZTE Quartz 5.5" IPS Android TracFone with Car Charger, Case, 1200 Minutes/Texts/Data, Triple Minutes for Life and Pandora One Subscription (item 475-596) for $79.95.
Save $20 with Visa checkout.

http://www.hsn.com/products/zte-quartz-55-android-tracfone-with-... 

rated:
tracfancier said:   I had not looked at the SCD web site.
Nowhere at the SCD website does it give the model number. You would have to e-mqail them for the provider (ALL from e-Bay have been AT&T)
That is a good price. The PayPal 180 day guarantee would cover your total cost of purchase if the phone didn't get the minutes and SCD said it was past their warranty period.
I had trouble when I transferred service from an old phone to activate the 383, the minutes were correct but I did not get the year. That was a long time ago and Tracfone was not aware of the deal, even Corporate regulations who finally believed me. SCD/e-Bay said they would not help me since it happened past their guarantee period. SO BE AWARE OR THE GUARRANTEED PERIODS.

The same eBay item SCD is selling on Bay have all been AT&T versioned sims. BTW still $29.99 on eBay

rated:
tracfancier said:   I had not looked at the SCD web site.
Nowhere at the SCD website does it give the model number. You would have to e-mqail them for the provider (ALL from e-Bay have been AT&T)
That is a good price. The PayPal 180 day guarantee would cover your total cost of purchase if the phone didn't get the minutes and SCD said it was past their warranty period.

RE:  Tracfone unaware of the deal (1 year)

I have bought dozens from SCD and resold, buyers were saying I called TF and they have no phones that come with a year service.
I told them to just go ahead and activate and it will have one year (and it did) or just do it all online.and they also had the 1 year.
Why it did not transfer, who knows.
Also .
Am I correct is saying all Tracfones sold at VA Stores have 1 year service included?

rated:
Everything transferred from the old phone to the 383. The 383 added the 800 minutes, but the one year was not added.  I cannot remember if it gave 60 days instead.
I suspected it was because of the transfer activation. Tracfone could never say why it didn`t add. I was worried for a while I would never get it added by CS. Corporate Resolutions finally believed me after I gave them a lot of information on the deal.

All Tracfones from a VA store, USED to come with one year. I believe this was discontinued. Even with a sticker (old) you would still be taking a chance it would only receive 60 days.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   

P4 AT&T

Still $10 more on eBay 
Please report back if you can add that year to your current phone and whether it is a smartphone or feature that you are adding it to.Thankz

rated:
Please report back if you successfully transfer to your current phone which, I suspect, is a smart phone...thanx.

rated:
ubergmannix said:   
yesidonoitall said:   

P4 AT&T

Still $10 more on eBay 
Please report back if you can add that year to your current phone and whether it is a smartphone or feature that you are adding it to.Thankz

RE:
Please report back if you can add that year to your current phone and
whether it is a smartphone or feature that you are adding it to.Thankz

No attempt made to transfer anything that was not my intent in buying them
I resell

rated:
ubergmannix said:   Please report back if you successfully transfer to your current phone which, I suspect, is a smart phone...thanx.
  No attempt made to transfer anything that was not my intent in buying them
I resell

rated:
I have not tried to transfer mine yet, but I just ordered one for my mother in law.

Deal is still alive: $19.99

https://www.fatwallet.com/redirect/bounce.php?afsrc=1&mid=196266...

rated:
mikebeets said:   I have not tried to transfer mine yet, but I just ordered one for my mother in law.

Deal is still alive: $19.99

afsrc=1&mid=19626648&eurl=https%3A%2F%2Fshopcelldeals.com%2Fcollections%2Ftracfone-phones%2Fproducts%2Ftracfone-alcatel-a382g-big-easy-with-double-minutes-for-life%3Fvariant%3D258502394%23shopify-produc

Yes it is a tremendous buy, cent come close  anywhere else

rated:
Is there any limit of how long after purchase these need to be activated? (IOW, can I keep them for a while before activation?) Thanks.

rated:
TenerifeSharon said:   Is there any limit of how long after purchase these need to be activated? (IOW, can I keep them for a while before activation?) Thanks.
Pay by paypal, and paypal will provide 180 days of protection.  Starting on day 181 you are on your own.  That said, I recently activated a BE+ I purchased over 200 days before activation. 

rated:
I just tried to activate my mother in law's Alcatel A383G on line ...... did not work ... spent a lot of time on chat ....
... gave-up.

.... then I realized that MY phone was activated [ 1year / 810 mn ], even though I did not do the on/off routine as indicated  !!!
... even though it was off, and in a bag, in a closet,...

...... I had mixed-up the serial numbers !!! 

That one is now my mother in law's phone, and it was easy to pair the blue tooth with her hearing aids.

rated:
pennsatuckian said:   
TenerifeSharon said:   Is there any limit of how long after purchase these need to be activated? (IOW, can I keep them for a while before activation?) Thanks.
Pay by paypal, and paypal will provide 180 days of protection.  Starting on day 181 you are on your own.  That said, I recently activated a BE+ I purchased over 200 days before activation. 

Thanks, just what I needed to know!  (Want to use these as "throwaways" for the times we spend a few months in the U.S.)

rated:
TenerifeSharon said:   
pennsatuckian said:   

Thanks, just what I needed to know!  (Want to use these as "throwaways" for the times we spend a few months in the U.S.)

They are not made to throw them away, they will work for years

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1123124125126 127
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016