rated:
Out of the Blue I began receiving "New FatWallet Forum Hot Deals!" again yesterday at 2 PM for the first time in about 8 Months. I gave up trying to get them to send these about 8 Months ago. Maybe PM e-mailed notifications is also working now.  For 8 months I have received NOTHING from FW, even though they said I was properly signed up for many type e-mails.  HOW LONG WILL IT LAST???

rated:
yesid0n0itall said:   
funbo said:   The last time I was in this thread was about a year ago. Back then, I was able to get an Alcatel Big Easy Tracfone for $29.99 with one year of airtime from eBay seller ShopCellDeals. The current eBay listings by ShopCellDeals don't have any mention of airtime.

Are the days over for that kind of deal? I saw Tracfancier's post from last May saying Simply Wireless (ShopCellDeals) got in trouble with Tracfone by splitting bundles and selling the airtime and phones separately.

I only need the simplest of phones for very occasional use... large amounts of minutes not required. AT&T coverage area.

One option with the existing phone is to get the cheapest airtime option on the Tracfone website: $9.99 for 30 days, and add the supersize option of 365 days for $49.99. Any better ideas or deals?

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread.

Yes all gone, SCD was as low as $19.99 for them from their website.
>>7x Tracfone Alcatel A383G "Big Easy Plus" with One Year and 800 Minutes Included for $19.99 eachSubtotal : $139.93 USD
Shipping : $0.00 USD
Total : $139.93 USD

Further they are not activating now with the 800 minutes for 1 year, I asked SCD about this yeaterday, no reply yet.
Not having the minutes and year seems to be from Feb 26 on.
I have about 10 left of those.
Also Tracfone had removed the SKIP adding a refill at time of activation.
And no more free 10 minutes or so as they did on all phones before.
You now must buy on line from them or use a refill card you have to activate any phone.
HSN and QVC deals excluded

Hmmmph  Tracfone has unilaterally, arbitrarily changed all the rules, again.  Maybe it is time for a class action lawsuit?  (I have 3 of the Alcatel bundles left.)  (Also, 1 or 2 of the VA Hospital canteen phones, which are no longer getting the 1 year service upon activation). 

rated:
I wonder if tf will ever come after the FD cards acquired last year?

rated:
They should state these changes clearly to public

rated:
The new website is live, or maybe I should say it no longer is an option to use it .  I just did an activation/transfer and it was nice to be able to do it without having to contact a chat csr.  It's also easy to check your service balance now too.

rated:
We should welcome Tracfone to 21st century now.

rated:
Recommend you go to your account on the 1st and 15th and produce the balances of all your phones. Then cut and past them into an e-mail to yourself. If a conflict arises you have proof of airtime ready to instantly forward to them.

Here is the HOFO thread on the new site:  http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1893855-New-TracFone-...

rated:
Complaints about the new Tracfone site not showing SIM # and IMEI # at this time. Combine this with the fact people cannot get their GSM SIM number from their phone`s Menu. Recomend you have these numbers written down and in the phone`s original box.
Better than opening the phone/removing the SIM to get this information when needed.

​Hope is Tracfone IT will get their bugs corrected soon.

rated:
Maybe said here already, here it is again from me.
When activating a Tracfone, no more free minutes, 10 or so, whatever it was.
Hence no way to SKIP adding of buying a refill card when activating.

rated:
A week ago, I activated an A383G  (P4 sim)
Got the minutes and exp date on the phone right away.
That was it also 24 hours later.
Called in, was asked for number on phone, dont have it on the phone so they used the serial number,
Said it was in progress for actvation
6 hours later got them again and csr gave the call to someone higher, I had them call me back, only every third word could be heard.
I hung up.
Called 6 hours later, same thing when called back connection was no good
(csr's before escalating tried all kinds of things having me do this and that)
ON third call from escalations man, he said, this, he gave me the address of the towers here in town for AT&T.
Said go park there, turn phone off and on, well that fixed all.
Kinda weird but it worked
Total time, at least 4 hours doing the activation

EDIT:  Initial activation was done ON LINE

rated:
That A383G was one  of those from shopcelldeals that was supposed to have 800 minutes for 1 year when activated.
Using the SKIP button during activation.

>>purchase was from their website, not eBay $19.99

SCD also said by eMail about the issue of no minutesUnfortunately, these devices were programmed by Tracfone to add these minutes and airtime upon activation.
It is up to Tracfone to add these features. These devices should be under their 1 year limited warranty.
This order is outside our 30 day warranty so I cannot approve a return.
If you prefer I can forward this to my manager but this is an issue on Tracfone's end as we had not had this issue until now.
Thank you

rated:
Going by the ease the Tracfone chat csr was able to do a byop activation/transfer between 2 at&t sims (feature phone to smartphone sim), and how easily I was able to do it between 2 cdma devices on the new website I went ahead and did a byop sim activation on the website.  This time however it did not transfer immediately, and I ended up having to get help through a chat CSR who had to get help from another department.  The good news is they were able to complete the activation.  I put the byop sim into the ZTE Paragon and it worked just as I hoped it would.  Now I can sell the Sunrise back to Tracfone or keep it as a spare.

Needless to say at this time I would not attempt to do a activation/transfer myself involving a device with airtime and service bundled into it from HSN, QVC, Tracfone@eBay, etc.  At least until I hear reports of it going smoothly from others  

Here's an interesting bundle which is basically a free phone with card on their ebay store but after the POP Icon I'll probably avoid any Alcatel tracfones.  
For the cdma crowd "free" LG Lucky with 200 minute card  or there are also a couple more $50 devices with $25 card.  Note all of these have the "card" included upon activation unlike on the website where a card is sent.

rated:
Larryslug said:   Going by the ease the Tracfone chat csr was able to do a byop activation/transfer between 2 at&t sims (feature phone to smartphone sim), and how easily I was able to do it between 2 cdma devices on the new website I went ahead and did a byop sim activation on the website.  This time however it did not transfer immediately, and I ended up having to get help through a chat CSR who had to get help from another department.  The good news is they were able to complete the activation.  I put the byop sim into the ZTE Paragon and it worked just as I hoped it would.  Now I can sell the Sunrise back to Tracfone or keep it as a spare.

Needless to say at this time I would not attempt to do a activation/transfer myself involving a device with airtime and service bundled into it from HSN, QVC, Tracfone@eBay, etc.  At least until I hear reports of it going smoothly from others  

Here's an interesting bundle which is basically a free phone with card on their ebay store but after the POP Icon I'll probably avoid any Alcatel tracfones.  
For the cdma crowd "free" LG Lucky with 200 minute card  or there are also a couple more $50 devices with $25 card.  Note all of these have the "card" included upon activation unlike on the website where a card is sent.

I saw the alcatel offer on eBay, what is wrong with that brand?

rated:
It was probably just the POP Icon, but regardless these days 4GB of internal storage doesn't quite cut it if you let the Play Store do updates.  I mean it is workable, but that involves work

rated:
Excellent details! thanks for sharing.

rated:
Actually that Lg Lucky bundle I linked earlier for $30 comes with a $40 value airtime card of service so it's better than free

rated:
For online activation of the Tracfones that come with air time upon activation:
They have removed the SKIP button 
to add time during online activation, I wonder if you must call to activate these
Or if the system will know of the offer after you enter the serial number

rated:
I bought the HSN LG Sunset bundle and successfully transfered the phone number/minutes/service day from LG Optimus Fuel to it. Now if I want to give the LG Optimus Fuel to someone, do they need a new sim card to reactivate it? I understand I need to remove the LG Optimus Fuel from my account, is there anything else I need to do? Thanks

rated:
I was at a WalMart last week, saw the Tracfone rep who was last year the phone manager at a different WM.
I asked him about me hsvoing 2 smart Tracfones and wanting to transfer time and minutes from the non used one to the newest one, both are from HSN
He said, "cant do it"
but to call and ask them to do it.. I take that that they will when asked.
Will try it tomorrow

rated:
The LG Fuel is a CDMA device so it only has to undergo OTA activation; no sim card is in it So it's easy if you want to pass it on to someone else.

rated:
Larryslug said:   The LG Fuel is a CDMA device so it only has to undergo OTA activation; no sim card is in it So it's easy if you want to pass it on to someone else.
  Does OTA mean only turn the phone on to activate?

rated:
yesid0n0itall said:   
Larryslug said:   The LG Fuel is a CDMA device so it only has to undergo OTA activation; no sim card is in it So it's easy if you want to pass it on to someone else.

No, you dial *22890 to finish activating it...I probably should have wrote OTA programming   Oh, and then you make a phone call with it too.

rated:
Years ago, maybe still, there was a Fred Meyer/Kroger prepaid all you did was turn it on and input the zip code you want a number for, that was it

rated:
Larryslug said:   It was probably just the POP Icon, but regardless these days 4GB of internal storage doesn't quite cut it if you let the Play Store do updates.  I mean it is workable, but that involves work
  Most experienced smartphone users are recommending 16GB.  Each new Android operating system seems to use more memory, leaving little usable.  16GB will take more effort to find at a reasonable price..

rated:
swc888 said:   I bought the HSN LG Sunset bundle and successfully transfered the phone number/minutes/service day from LG Optimus Fuel to it. Now if I want to give the LG Optimus Fuel to someone, do they need a new sim card to reactivate it? I understand I need to remove the LG Optimus Fuel from my account, is there anything else I need to do? Thanks
  As was stated by larryslug, the CDMA/Verizon Fuel is 3G and as such has no SIM, But CDMA 4G/LTE does use a SIM.

rated:
yesid0n0itall said:   

OTA = Over The Air (phone call)
you dial *22890 to finish activating a Verizon 3G.  You only make a phone call with Verizon 4G/LTE

rated:
No one seems to be able to find the $50 add on 365 days without buying airtime. The following has been discovered. Choose any airtime, add the 365 day adder, remove the airtime, check out with just the $365 days in your basket. Expect to be charged tax. As has been the case for some time now, expect the days not to show up and you use chat to get them added.  You can also add text or data and then remove the airtime, leaving just the 365 days and text or data (if you need both).

Threads discussing this:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894885-Where-did-the... 
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894504-50-One-Year-S... 

rated:
I was also kind of confused like the people on Howardforums when activating the HSN LG Sunset bundle, but when the Tracfone website came up, I just login and click "activate" and transfer my phone number, it took about 20 hours to complete the transfer. All the min/day got transfer and added to the bundle minutes. I did not need to use chat or phone call to do the transfer.

rated:
Thanks swc888 for your post about the Sunset transfer/activation 

rated:
Thanks for nice sharing.

rated:
swc888 said:   I was also kind of confused like the people on Howardforums when activating the HSN LG Sunset bundle, but when the Tracfone website came up, I just login and click "activate" and transfer my phone number, it took about 20 hours to complete the transfer. All the min/day got transfer and added to the bundle minutes. I did not need to use chat or phone call to do the transfer.

Anyone try this method to activate a shopcelldeals.com  Alcatel A383G Bundle? 

If you do, and it works please reply to this thread!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1129130131132 133
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017