• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
In the market for a laptop this year and just received the Dell mpp early access catalog. Is it just me or Dell marketing has no clue on how to sell?

1. I don't think I saw a single system advertised as having an SSD. For me, it is a binary decision - no ssd, no sale.
2. For some of the systems, all they do is list the processor and the price. No mention of memory config, no mention of hard drive config.
3. Seems like laughable discounts at best in some cases - $69 savings on a $1000 system (this is the system without config information).

Member Summary
Staff Summary

rated:
I will have to go see it in the store but for now, my money goes to the BestBuy Yoga 900. The Black Friday deal for this is live and - originally $1200 but  on sale for $700. Just snagged it. I7 processor and 256GB SSD - seems pretty good.

rated:
I don't disagree with you, but any time I bought anything from Dell in the past, I certainly didn't buy an SSD or extra memory from them.  It was always substantially cheaper to upgrade after the fact via third party...

rated:
ChinaRider said:   I don't disagree with you, but any time I bought anything from Dell in the past, I certainly didn't buy an SSD or extra memory from them.  It was always substantially cheaper to upgrade after the fact via third party...

I have done the same thing in the past but the thinner form factor is making such upgrades much harder and you could void your warranty. As you can see from the configuration that I bought, built in ssd upgrade is not that much more expensive. These companies are busy advertising machines with 7th generation processor but even a fourth generation processor with ssd is going to outperform the latest gen without ssd.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016