• filter:

Official Political Discussion Thread

• 1297298299300 301
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
It is like their religion of bureaucracy is under attack.

Hopefully it is.

rated:
^twelve thousandth post in this thread.  

rated:
riznick said:   
larrymoencurly said:   
That's false equivalency.  We haven't become highly polarized because of extremists in both major parties but because of extremists in the Republican party, who are far, far more prominent in their party than are extremists in the Democratic party.  Bernie Sanders is about as far to the left as Democrats get (yes, I know he's no longer a Democrat), and he's actually fairly moderate and could pass for a New England Republican, at least back in the 1970s.  

You guys are such team players, you've lost all credibility with us here. LMC is guilty of marking perfectly valid posts red because they don't fit his team agenda. They weren't disputable items, but since they go against his team, they get reds. (This was something discussed in the past).

The team playing got much worse under Obama. IMO, Obama made a lot of comments that made him one of our most divisive presidents we've seen. Trump saw that and did it on steriods.

The teams are much more aligned on their issues than I've ever seen them. Friends who were previously in middle are now solid libs or cons. Both sides are like teams and they have a lot of ignorant cheerleaders.

If I'm a team player, why aren't I rooting for my team?

It's ridiculous to blame Obama for polarization.  He's tried to be bipartisan, but the Republican partisans have been against him, all along.

rated:
deusxmachina said:   If Democrats would be honest about Trump, they'd see he's actually quite moderate.  On the issues, Trump is basically Bill Clinton circa 1995.
You can't compare politicians only by political positions because Nixon and Ford held very similar political views but were of completely different character -- one could be trusted with absolute power, the other could not be, and Trump is even less trustworthy.

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   deusxmachina said:   If Democrats would be honest about Trump, they'd see he's actually quite moderate.  On the issues, Trump is basically Bill Clinton circa 1995.
You can't compare politicians only by political positions because Nixon and Ford held very similar political views but were of completely different character -- one could be trusted with absolute power, the other could not be, and Trump is even less trustworthy.

Absolute power, the end game of the cult of bureaucracy.

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   If I'm a team player, why aren't I rooting for my team?
Maybe you don't realize how you come off?

I think you are probably much more intelligent than most members in this thread and much more capable of critical thinking than many of the other members. I could be wrong. I try to figure out your behaviors and responses. Frequently, the only conclusion I can come up with is that you are blindly biased. That would be giving you the benefit of the doubt. The post rating system, for example, is not anonymous. We see who gives reds and greens and can draw conclusions from that. IMO yours in the past have been pretty telling.
larrymoencurly said:   It's ridiculous to blame Obama for polarization.  He's tried to be bipartisan, but the Republican partisans have been against him, all along.
No, it's ridiculous to say he didn't have a part of the polarization. You have got to be blindly biased not to have seen it.

He didn't make an obvious genuine effort to work with the Republicans. His words and actions were one of the reasons Republicans were against him. They were condescending. He was much more subtle and clever about it. Often it was like backhanded compliments.

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   

If I'm a team player, why aren't I rooting for my team?

It's ridiculous to blame Obama for polarization.  He's tried to be bipartisan, but the Republican partisans have been against him, all along.

larrymoencurly self-identifies as a Republican, as he has stated, and as everyone can see from his posts.  Everyone can see how his posts always are pro-Republican. ...  

He'll say he's an old-school Republican.  And you can tell that from his posts.  Can't you?  It's so obvious, isn't it?  Because people such as Obama and Hillary are closer to 1960s Republicans than various current actual Republicans are, right?  Everyone can see that, right?  Oh, you can't see that?  That's so weird that larrymoencurly tells people he self-identifies as a Republican then. ...

Obama is so partisan he and other extremist, partisan Democrats shut down the government because they refused to give the same one-year Obamacare waiver to everybody that they had given to big corporations.  That's all they had to do to avoid a government shutdown, and partisan extremist Obama refused.  And then, months later, after the government was shut down, and because Obamacare sucks so bad, Obama Once Again used his pen to change Obamacare to give everybody the same one-year waiver he had given big corporations.  So partisan extremist Obama and other partisan extremist Democrats had shut down the government for nothing.

rated:
riznick said:   

No, it's ridiculous to say he didn't have a part of the polarization. You have got to be blindly biased not to have seen it.

He didn't make an obvious genuine effort to work with the Republicans. His words and actions were one of the reasons Republicans were against him. They were condescending. He was much more subtle and clever about it. Often it was like backhanded compliments.

Obama was so polarizing and standoff-ish and didn't work well with others that he didn't even work with DEMOCRATS in Congress.  Yes, he had the party leaders like Harry Reid who blocked bills that would make Obama look bad or have him make a decision that wouldn't be popular at the time (like immigration/amnesty before Democrats decided to go full open borders to destroy America), and lots of Democrats fell in line behind the party leaders, but when Obama started asking Congress for help on various things plenty of Democrats said it was the first time he's bothered to talk to them and try to work with them.  Democrats went on the news saying this.

rated:

rated:
KayK said:   https://twitter.com/WNDU/status/866314296451637248/video/1
Very mature graduates. Good luck in real life. SMH.

rated:
America's insanity is viral and spreading to other countries...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75-yTLxRkuU&feature=youtu.be

rated:
Graduating class of 2017, McDonald's is hiring

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1297298299300 301
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017