• filter:

Pesky Gas Price - Round zes

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
$2.85 at Arco

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
$2.75 at the competing Sunoco and Exxon stations over there ---->

Exxon gas seems to get better mileage, less corn maybe.

rated:
$2.57, cheapest I've seen this week.

2.56 on the way home, and that's usually not the cheapest in town.

rated:
$2.17 here today and I'm hearing rumors that there's a town about 90 minutes from here where it's $1.79

rated:
Filled up at $2.38 last night, and saw a couple stations at $2.25 today. I remember paying $1.86 September 2004, so at least temporarily we've nearly erased a decade of increases. My wallet is more than okay with that.

rated:
I paid $2.32 Tuesday night. Dunno what it is now but I'm filling up tomorrow.
ETA: BP

rated:
I remember seeing 99 cents in jersey in the 90s

rated:
I remember 69˘ gas back in 1988. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Gas Buddy shows the cheapest price for regular unleaded at $2.099 just around the corner from my house.

Hopefully it will be below $2 before Christmas.

rated:
Paid $2.27 @ BP.

rated:
$2.65 in Cleveland.

rated:
I'm spoiled. My commute to work is just over two miles, so I'm not into this low gas price stuff. The ARCOs, though, in my part of the San Fernando Valley, are all below $3.00. Lower prices are sure to come, following the price of oil.

rated:
overclock said:   I remember 69˘ gas back in 1988. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Gas Buddy shows the cheapest price for regular unleaded at $2.099 just around the corner from my house.

Hopefully it will be below $2 before Christmas.

RE:
I remember 69˘ gas back in 1988. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Top this,
in the early 60's 30.9 cents for Chevron and other majors, 1 cent less at non branded.
You spent $5 and you owned that guy for 15 minutes, do this do that and he did....

rated:
When I was in Dubai earlier this year, gas was the equivalent to about $1.85 a gallon. A tour guide joked gas is cheaper than water. They try to encourage public transportation. Not to save gas but to reduce traffic congestion. Depending where you're at and the time, traffic can move at a crawl.

rated:
Yea great I saved a couple bucks when I filled up today, but my portfolio lost thousands this week because the main reason gas is so cheap is worldwide economic slowdown 

rated:
RS4Rings said:   Yea great I saved a couple bucks when I filled up today, but my portfolio lost thousands this week because the main reason gas is so cheap is worldwide economic slowdown 

My portfolio also ran out of gas.

rated:
$2.059 this morning. Just crazy.

rated:
scrouds said:   I remember seeing 99 cents in jersey in the 90sWhen we moved from India to NJ in 1999, gas was 99 cents a gallon.

rated:
Are you telling me we could have been in the same state at the same time?

Mind blown.

rated:
I thought NJ is a big penal colony, what did you do to get sent there?

rated:
Got to Miami for vacation today. First station outside the airport was $3.89 with others in the area ranging from there down to $2.69. No joke, you could see a fifty cent drop in less han a block.

rated:
Fred  Meyer (Kroger) Stores in Medford Oregon today $2.519
Then you get at least 3 cents per along off of that.
So far no extra for credit,

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   I thought NJ is a big penal colony, what did you do to get sent there?
  Just how do you know all have a big penal?

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
ZenNUTS said:   I thought NJ is a big penal colony, what did you do to get sent there?
  Just how do you know all have a big penal?

Your cellmate, he also said, that yes, you really "do it all".

xoxo

rated:
SecondGunman said:   Got to Miami for vacation today. First station outside the airport was $3.89 with others in the area ranging from there down to $2.69. No joke, you could see a fifty cent drop in less han a block.
There's a station near the orlando airport that charges over $5/gallon.the city forced them to post prices that can be seen from the road.

Last gas before the airport though.

rated:
there are two stations having a price war right now. Both are at $1.69.

rated:
Wish that war would spread to MA, paid $2.559 at my last fill up. That is, however, $1.08 lower than July when I started keeping track on Fuelly.

rated:
Gas is now down to $2.139/gal here, dropping about 1 cent a day lately; down $1.43/gal since 7/16/14.

rated:
Needs to get down to a buck o' five, the price of freedom.

rated:
burgerwars said:   
RS4Rings said:   Yea great I saved a couple bucks when I filled up today, but my portfolio lost thousands this week because the main reason gas is so cheap is worldwide economic slowdown 

My portfolio also ran out of gas.

I think I'll buy the new 2015 all electric Portfolio.  I'll never need gas again!

rated:
Saw the first sub $2.00 price in WA today.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   Gas is now down to $2.139/gal here, dropping about 1 cent a day lately; down $1.43/gal since 7/16/14.
Price drop rate is accelerating, down to $2.099/gallon this afternoon.

rated:
$1.65 here.

Oil prices increased 4% today. They'll be back down tomorrow. And again the next day. But then there's a 3 day weekend.

rated:
Price drop rate slowing here, only down to $2.069/gal here at local wholesale club pump.  Lowest price in our town per GasBuddy site this morning.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   Price drop rate slowing here, only down to $2.069/gal here per GasBuddy site this morning.
  Gas buddy is highly inaccurate I have found

rated:
Gas went up 11 centavos here today.
Mike Thornbrugh, QuikTrip public affairs manager said: The increase is due to refineries announcing their annual turnaround times, which are periods lasting about a week long when they lower production in order to perform annual maintenance.

rated:
Saw that it's $2.029/gal here today, wondering if it'll go below $2/gal before I have to fill up again, have about 150 miles to go.

rated:
Filled up last night, $1.949/gal after 10˘/gal grocery discount.

rated:
back up to $2.059 per gallon yesterday

rated:
In about 1980 my dad announced, "When gas prices go over $1.00 a gallon, I'm selling the car!"

rated:
HorB said:   In about 1980 my dad announced, "When gas prices go over $1.00 a gallon, I'm selling the car!"
That would be $2.87 today.

Skipping 147 Messages...
rated:
I was in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago...$4.29.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017