• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Low of -21 tonight and breezy.  Beat that OT. 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
geez, if you beat it, the stick would shatter from the bitter cold
hey, that's not innuendo!
I hate this cold weather. Snow, fine, I can put up with it, but the cold?
/crawls in closet with down blanket, sets lock to not open until April 2015
is there wi-fi in here?

rated:
er, your title has made this song pop into my head, and it will probably continually pop into my head every time I see it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TBid5bCS2Q



/still sings "the corus of the woo woo song" by jeffrey osbourne every time woo woo posts

rated:
Low 50s after last week's colder weather. All local streams are at flood level.

rated:
IMO it's as cold as a titches wit here, but I can't beat -21. I would move.

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   Low of -21 tonight and breezy.  Beat that OT. 
maybe you should stop reporting from inside your freezer. just sayin'  

rated:
My freezer is set to -2

rated:
Truck said it was 45°F in the garage and 12°F outside while leaving for work this morning.

eta: It's 10°F in North Pole this morning.

rated:
14F this morning.. low of 3F tonight.
1" snow yesterday. Still pretty much white all around thanks to the cold.

rated:
KayK said:   14F this morning.. low of 3F tonight.
1" snow yesterday. Still pretty much white all around thanks to the cold.

  Most of the snow is gone here, in spite of the cold. Just a little sprinkling here and there.

rated:
It will probably hit 65 here this afternoon. Of course, it is about 53 in my house (another winter without a furnace).

rated:
Going to be in the 20s here for the next couple of nights/highs in the 50s during the day.  (NW Florida)

Brrrrr...I need to post a recent picture of Edgar and his impressive winter coat and huge mane!

rated:
70 here. I need to change into shorts.

rated:
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MELBOURNE HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL
ADVISORY ...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 10 AM EST THURSDAY.

* WIND CHILL VALUES ...NORTHERLY WINDS WILL INCREASE RAPIDLY AFTER
SUNSET THIS EVENING BRINGING A COLD AIRMASS INTO EAST CENTRAL
FLORIDA. THESE WINDS IN COMBINATION WITH TEMPERATURES IN THE MID
TO UPPER 30S WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILL VALUES BELOW 35 DEGREES
AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT THROUGH MID THURSDAY MORNING. THE COLDEST
WIND CHILLS ARE EXPECTED TO BE AROUND SUNRISE THURSDAY MORNING
WITH READINGS IN THE MID 20S IN LAKE AND NORTHWEST VOLUSIA
COUNTIES ...AND IN THE UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S ALONG THE
INTERSTATE 4 CORRIDOR AND ORLANDO METRO SOUTH TO OKEECHOBEE
COUNTY.

* OTHER IMPACTS ...TEMPERATURES IN THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 30S WILL
OCCUR NEAR LAKE GEORGE AND OVER NORTHERN LAKE COUNTIES. NORMALLY
SHELTERED LOCATIONS MAY BRIEFLY DROP BELOW FREEZING OVERNIGHT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS ...

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL
COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. IF YOU MUST VENTURE
OUTDOORS ...DRESS WARMLY IN LAYERS AND MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT
AND GLOVES.

rated:
Beloit is supposed to be a nice -10, -4 now.

rated:
Watched the outside temp drop to 0°F by time I got to the end of my street, then down to -2°F by time I got to work this morning.

They delayed our school district opening by 90 minutes this morning.

rated:
I started reading Scroud's post and thought, "has Scrouds always lived in Australia? I thought for sure he was in the US."  Then I remembered there's a Melbourne in FL, too.

rated:
moonbeam said:   I started reading Scroud's post and thought, "has Scrouds always lived in Australia? I thought for sure he was in the US."  Then I remembered there's a Melbourne in FL, too. Yup.. my sister lives 5 minutes away from Melbourne.

rated:
KayK said:   
moonbeam said:   I started reading Scroud's post and thought, "has Scrouds always lived in Australia? I thought for sure he was in the US."  Then I remembered there's a Melbourne in FL, too.
Yup.. my sister lives 5 minutes away from Melbourne.

no wonder you're so fond of scrouds  

rated:
Consider this an open invitation, kk and the rest of you, if you're ever in/passing through the middle of my state we'll go get a beer or coffee, depending on the time.

rated:
Also, it's summer in Australia. Seems a lot better then 52 right now.

rated:
32°, a heat wave.

rated:
moonbeam said:   I started reading Scroud's post and thought, "has Scrouds always lived in Australia? I thought for sure he was in the US."  Then I remembered there's a Melbourne in FL, too.
  

There's a Jupiter in FL too, sometimes I think scrouds is from there.

rated:
We also have a Christmas and a place called yahala

rated:
Here the return of the snow is a marginally good thing. It means it's above zero, which to me, means it is warm enough to wear shorts!

rated:
23°F and snowing lightly.

rated:
Snow and Breezy

20°F

-7°C

list of 6 items
Humidity78%
Wind SpeedW 21 G 37 mph
Barometer29.87 in (1012.8 mb)
Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
Visibility0.50 mi
Wind Chill4°F (-16°C)

rated:
19°F
-7°C
Humidity: 84%
Wind Speed: W 5 mph
Barometer: 30.03 in (1017.7 mb)
Dewpoint: 15°F (-9°C)
Visibility: 1.00 mi
Wind Chill: 12°F (-11°C)

rated:
21°F and sunny today

rated:
27°F and cloudy this morning

rated:
Highs near 30 for the foreseeable future! We actually have rain in the forecast for Monday. Farmers complaining about a lack of snow pack in 3..2...1..

rated:
anybody here?

Potential mini snowmageddon coming this Saturday for NYC area

rated:
Now highs above freezing for the whole 7-day forecast! Y'all will kindly remind me of this miraculous January when I'm whining about feet of snow in March and 20 below normal in April and May.

rated:
45 at 8AM here, which is very cold. Made the mistake of sleeping with the heater on and woke up at 3:30 because it was too hot and even my eyes felt dry. I guess I have fully adapted to having no furnace.

rated:
kirbydog said:   45 at 8AM here, which is very cold. Made the mistake of sleeping with the heater on and woke up at 3:30 because it was too hot and even my eyes felt dry. I guess I have fully adapted to having no furnace.
  Ummm... why no furnace? Did I miss something?

rated:
moonbeam said:   
kirbydog said:   45 at 8AM here, which is very cold. Made the mistake of sleeping with the heater on and woke up at 3:30 because it was too hot and even my eyes felt dry. I guess I have fully adapted to having no furnace.
  Ummm... why no furnace? Did I miss something?

  Furnace died about 5 years ago. Even when it worked it wasn't very good (installed wrong by original owners back in the day of the 1940s). I haven't looked very hard but haven't yet found a contractor who has a reasonable solution to heating my small 2 story house which has no ductwork and very little space to have a wall heater, etc. So we have two mica portable heaters that we move from room to room as needed.

rated:
Sunday is predicted to be in the upper 50s and partly sunny.

rated:
kirbydog said:   
moonbeam said:   
kirbydog said:   45 at 8AM here, which is very cold. Made the mistake of sleeping with the heater on and woke up at 3:30 because it was too hot and even my eyes felt dry. I guess I have fully adapted to having no furnace.
  Ummm... why no furnace? Did I miss something?

  Furnace died about 5 years ago. Even when it worked it wasn't very good (installed wrong by original owners back in the day of the 1940s). I haven't looked very hard but haven't yet found a contractor who has a reasonable solution to heating my small 2 story house which has no ductwork and very little space to have a wall heater, etc. So we have two mica portable heaters that we move from room to room as needed.

  That wouldn't work for me. Even with I lived in the deep south. I don't like to be cold.

rated:
It is cold enough in the house that the houseplants die.  
I wear several layers of clothing (usually 3-4 tops and 2 pants). It's not bad except for extreme nights such as last night. Once we get past January I think it will be ok. I'd rather be cold than hot.

rated:
moonbeam said:   
kirbydog said:   
moonbeam said:   
kirbydog said:   45 at 8AM here, which is very cold. Made the mistake of sleeping with the heater on and woke up at 3:30 because it was too hot and even my eyes felt dry. I guess I have fully adapted to having no furnace.
  Ummm... why no furnace? Did I miss something?

  Furnace died about 5 years ago. Even when it worked it wasn't very good (installed wrong by original owners back in the day of the 1940s). I haven't looked very hard but haven't yet found a contractor who has a reasonable solution to heating my small 2 story house which has no ductwork and very little space to have a wall heater, etc. So we have two mica portable heaters that we move from room to room as needed.

  That wouldn't work for me. Even with I lived in the deep south. I don't like to be cold.

  I sleep with my electric blanket year round. I want cooler air when I'm sleeping, but I need to be toasty warm.

Unseasonably cold temps here. 44 with a wind chill of 39. Somehow, none of my cold weather coats made it south.  They are all still up in Amarillo.  >.<

Skipping 279 Messages...
rated:
We're up to 43F now. No snow forecast for us up here for the foreseeable future. Rain and high temps washed any we had all away this week.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017