• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
It doesn't look like anyone is going to step up to the plate (unless I missed it), so I'm reluctantly starting this one. 

I finally bought an iPhone 6 this week to replace my barely working old phone.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
LEGO Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart

rated:
30 boxes of Home Depot laminate flooring to replace the disgusting carpet in my basement.

rated:
quick trip to JCP with $10 off $10 and a $10 off $25 coupons. Bought 3 hand and 2 bath towels for gym membership that my guy is buying so he doesn't ruin or lose my good towels, and a package of undies and out of package A shirt ($1) for him. $17 total.

used 2-$5 award coupons at OSH for the bbq skewers of my dreams (rectangular, stainless steel). $10 plus it is a no sales tax weekend there.

used member awards at Panera for $2 off the strawberry, chicken and poppyseed salad and got a free pecan sticky bun.

used a BOGO coupon at Dickey's BBQ for a brisket and a chicken plate, $12. The sides that are included are pretty ghastly- rolls weren't properly proofed and looked like white flour cornbread pucks, green beans with bacon had undercooked bacon in it and the beans were from a can. Waffle iron fries are ok, but skins are on the potatoes so my guy won't eat them. Sigh...

rated:
Dw finally got her sofa to replace the 13 to ikea one. I think the idea one still has a few years left in it....

rated:
Friday night online, two tickets for the Ellis Island/Liberty Island ferry.

3.5" Statue of Liberty replica at the gift shop yesterday for mrs_pats.

rated:
Fiesta plates and cereal bowls using ZFIFTYMAY15 and FC and ShopRunner at bonton.com. $58 for 6 bowls and 4 plates (2 each salad and luncheon). It figures that we like the non-placesetting pieces more than placesettings (which would have been less expensive). Their dinner plates would be too heavy and are too big. I use luncheon plates as dinner plates and my guy tries to use salad plates. We never have enough bowls and end up hand washing them in between dishwashing loads. We "saved" $88 on this order. Now I have to find cupboard space for them all.

rated:
classical guitar - a yamaha g60. after my last one that i took a chance on, i figured i'd go with a known quantity

rated:
Another box of cigars. I might have a problem...

rated:
Bean bag throwing game for the yard, half price at Bass Pro Shops after using a coupon & my accumulated member points.
3 cases of bottled water at Aldi.

rated:
60 ft of black vinyl lawn edging
bag of insect killer

rated:
More plants for my patio and front door, flowers, a strawberry plant and some herbs . Going to get my handsdirty tomorrow

rated:
Valance for the bathroom window.
Cordless white pleated shade for the bathroom window, installed it today after lunch.

rated:
Sig MPX

rated:
Rws springer pellet pistol.

rated:
500 lbs of general purpose sand. Filled in the area around the fire pit this morning when the rain let up slightly.

rated:
Weight bench is delivering today. I have low expectations for it and mostly I ordered it for me because I can't do floor exercises since I can't use my knee to stand up (arthritis). It was $forty-something the other day as a Lightning Deal. I am hoping to be able to do triceps exercises and maybe some knee exercises.

rated:

shiny! (836.41kB)
Disclaimer
when i was putting sutera together after a thorough cleaning and waxing, i broke one of the tuning keys. so i had to buy a whole set. which is just as well, because tuning her is smooth as silk

funny thing tho - i paid almost as much for the tuning machine set as i paid for the whole guitar

incidentally i broke the key when i was putting on some new strings. luckily i was able to salvage the new strings

(limo - added pic of new, shiny tuning heads, one of the guitar, and one of sutera along with stella)

rated:
Another big ass bottle of sake'

rated:
morecowbell said:   classical guitar - a yamaha g60. after my last one that i took a chance on, i figured i'd go with a known quantity

gave her a cursory cleaning. dunno if i'll get around to new strings tonight, because i will end up waxing her and oiling the fret board, etc.

this one i bought because i read somewhere that it was a solid top. then later i found that it's a laminate top. but that's ok, because it's still a vintage yamaha and i got it for a good price

(limo - added pic of whole guitar and one inside the sound hole) 

rated:
replacement fuel filter element and air filter for the old tractor (should be here tomorrow)

doggeh, kitteh, and hooman vitamins

rated:
"dinner kit" from mix and match sauces and sides products at Raley's via Try It program. The sauce and a side were free to which I added one chicken breast, one package of mixed veggies, a handful of snap peas that I already had at home. Dinner for 3 people, $8. The sauce and side that I got for free were $4 each, which still makes for a cheap meal that was relatively healthy and only took 18 minutes to cook.
The Try It program is free and has had some interesting items like the store brand vodka, aged balsamic vinegar and California olive oil, Sicilian style frozen pizza. Raley's grocery stores are mainly in CA and NV, I think. Raley's
They are a great option from the overpriced Safeway, and the Lucky, which can also be expensive and sells a lot of in-house brands. Raley's Meat and Seafood Dept is superior to most grocery store chains as is their bakery. They have a Peet's Coffee in-store.And they have weird/uncommon stuff like packages of those little round bandaids that I have never seen sold that way, but my guy is in love with for some reason.

The End (climbs off Raley's soapbox).

rated:
grapegrl said:   replacement fuel filter element and air filter for the old tractor (should be here tomorrow)

doggeh, kitteh, and hooman vitamins

Is your tractor sexy?

rated:
2 3-pack of underwear .. I'll check back in about 8 years.

rated:
Three dark green plastic Adirondack-stye chairs for the fire pit area.

rated:
assorted undies, two tanks for sleeping, two sleep boxers one which is the wrong size and has to be exchanged(xtra small I'm so sure) and an over the door hook rack
love the tanks kind of hate to waste them for sleep

rated:
sublimosa said:   assorted undies, two tanks for sleeping, two sleep boxers one which is the wrong size and has to be exchanged(xtra small I'm so sure) and an over the door hook rack
love the tanks kind of hate to waste them for sleep

I love new undies. There is something so enjoyable about them. Maybe you could use the tank tops as camisoles?

rated:
If I don't use them to sleep in, I'll use them for hot days, not work, obviously. They're cut just a little awkwardly, though, are prone to showing bra strappage.

rated:
4 pairs of cotton pillowcases at Sears.com to use the $30 of free rewards points coupon via SYW. Didn't get the points so had to contact SYR to request them. This is the second time and same thing happened. I will spend the points at LandsEnd.com when I get them. 

rated:
2 Hurley Shore Drive Womens Hoodies for $13.99 each (marked for extra 30% off but in cart took 50% off), Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Low Womens Shoes for $27.49 both at Tilly's with FS

rated:
morecowbell said:   when i was putting sutera together after a thorough cleaning and waxing, i broke one of the tuning keys. so i had to buy a whole set. which is just as well, because tuning her is smooth as silk

funny thing tho - i paid almost as much for the tuning machine set as i paid for the whole guitar

incidentally i broke the key when i was putting on some new strings. luckily i was able to salvage the new strings

(limo - added pic of new, shiny tuning heads, one of the guitar, and one of sutera along with stella)

gave guitar to my brother for his bday tonight (his bday is actually next week). he appreciated the time put into it

and upon investigation, i indeed paid more for the tuning machines than i did for the guitar itself (not including shipping)

rated:
3 mpx magazine and telescoping stock - now to do paperwork

rated:
i am going to try to return a DVD player to Costco that stopped working right a long time ago but I kept thinking I had the box for it somewhere, then forgot about it. I feel a little cheesy about taking it back with no box, etc but it really was a bad product. I actually think I bought 2 on separate transactions and gave one to my parents. Theirs is probably long gone since my mom isn't a keeper of stuff. I just want one that works.

rated:
I should send you mine. My sister helped me pick out a TV and when I bought the DVD player, I asked her to make sure they were compatible. She said they were, so I bought it.
It was NOT compatible with my TV. My sister felt bad and, without consulting me, bought me another TV. Guess what? That TV wasn't compatible with the DVD player, either. She bought some cords and stuff and researched it, sure she had found the answer. Nope. The DVD player is still sitting in the box, somewhere in my apartment.

rated:
I  did do the DVD player return for $54. Bought aged Gouda, cucumbers, paper napkins and a pineapple.

used a $10 off $10 at JCP for clearance cotton undies, 27 cents and a tank top for 73 cents. 

Used a a coupon at Sears for a free Craftsman 10 in 1 mini snips multi tool and a coupon for $30 in free Points when you spend $30. I bought an LED shop light, a watch battery, a lock for a gym locker and a washcloth. $31 plus tax. 

rated:
Sweatshirts, ball caps, location pins, hiking stick been there things, train tickets, food, gas, hotel room rental, backpack, silver aspen leaf, oxygen canister (unused) and other stuff I'm sure I forgot

rated:
Bought a Rutgers Snuggie for $10.

rated:
Finally convinced someone to give me the $30 in SYW points from June 15 and immediately used them to buy a dress, a cardigan and a bathmat at Lands' End with 30% off and free shipping, $12 after points. 

rated:
lighthouse-shaped salt & pepper shakers for mrs_pats
build-your-own 6 pack of assorted beers from Adirondack breweries for son
3 t-shirts for $20, 2 for daughter, 1 for me
Brunton compass for me at EMS on sale

rated:
peavey microphone

just glad i didn't have to trade the blues mobile for it

Skipping 460 Messages...
rated:
I picked up the game Grim Dawn from gog.com Black Friday sale. I like playing that style game once in a while and I liked their previous game. I dont like the gameworld as much as the previous game's greek mythology setting, but the gameplay is fine.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016