• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Pretty boy's suspension stands.

Pretty boy sad.

Pretty boy says he'll sue NFL.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Brady destroyed his cell phone prior to reporting to investigators, cause you know that is what innocent people do. Silly Brady, he should have realized it is the leagues job to destroy evidence implicating the Patriots, not his (see SpyGate tapes)

rated:
Go Browns! Win 5 games! You can do it!

rated:
Lets not jump to conclusions here.

He could conceivably had naked pictures of Giselle, and realized that even if deleted, a forensic analysis of the phone would find them, and eventually leak.

rated:
I agree with Millennium. And I'm a Giants fan. The public acts like they have authority over this guy and scream loudly about his "cover-up". Then, you take someone that they do have authority over - say a certain US Sec of State- someone who truly is one of our employees, a "public servant", and she doesn't want to turn over a hard drive. She gets a free pass after a week of screaming. Brady has been on the hot seat for months! Leave the guy alone. I'd bet 99.9% of the public wouldn't want people to see what's on their phone.

rated:
Pretty boy's fans mad.
Pretty boy is smart. Pretty could have said no when asked to give phone.. and give reasons.. rather than destroy the whole phone.

rated:
Far from a Brady fan (Bucs fan actually), but everything is being blown out of proportion (no pun intended).

i would have done the same thing, and apparently it is a common practice among professional players and famous people of destroying their phones and computers after the upgrade. With the crap of people rummaging through their old stuff (TMZ, deadspin, etc) they have to resort to crazy stuff to keep things private.

rated:
Regardless of Brady's private phone, between hiring Ted Wells and his report that would earn an F in a middle school science class, and the mismanagement of the players committing domestic violence last year, Roger Goodell has zero credibility left.

The NFL will lose in court for unfair labor practices to Brady and the NFLPA. If owners like Crackhead Irsay weren't jealous of Kraft, this would have been a non-incident. He was embarrassed that the Pats kicked the Ponies' asses after supposedly "legal" balls were introduced at half time of that game.

rated:
Even if you typically destroy your phone when you get a new one, it is pretty logical you would hold onto it if you know you are being accused of cheating and facing a multi game suspension, the investigators have requested it, and you know that there is nothing that implicated you on the phone. On the other hand, if you have some texts on the phone that prove you are guilty, you would do exactly what Brady did.

Having said that I agree the league's priorities and suspension lengths seen totally arbitrary and bizarre. Goodell needs to go.

rated:
Goodell must have pictures of a majority of the owners in comprising situations with barnyard animals, seems to be the most rational explanation for how he didn't get fired after last years domestic violence debacle.

Also, if Brady really had bad texts on his phone, and it wasn't broken, couldn't he just do a factory reset on it to blow away everything?

Brady's statement about the phone:

"I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline."

link

rated:
mapatsfan said:   
Brady's statement about the phone:

"I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline."

link

So on advice from his attorney he destroyed his phone, I don't see how that takes away from the point at all of that being the behavior of a guilty man.

rated:
My thoughts:

Brady has not been "welcoming" you can say with the investigation.
Brady destroying his cellphone doesn't make him guilty
Being so secretive about a lot of things make Brady look guilty
Goodell should not have been the one to make a decision about if Brady's suspension stands or not.
Before start of 2016 season, Goodell will be gone.
Brady's suspension will be lowered to something like 2 or 1 game.. due to a lack of evidence.

rated:

rated:
JorgeBurrito said:   Even if you typically destroy your phone when you get a new one

Per reports, he still had his previous phone, only the one in question got destroyed.

rated:
The Roger Goodell punishment generator: Text

rated:
kamalktk said:   The Roger Goodell punishment generator: Text

I got 9 weeks suspension for "Killed Everyone"

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   
kamalktk said:   The Roger Goodell punishment generator: Text 
  I got 9 weeks suspension for "Killed Everyone"

Woohoo, I only got 4 weeks....but then I was super super sorry about it.

rated:
Free Redzone channel preview for 5 preseason editions.  I think you have to have NFL Network to get these.
Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 22, Aug 29, Sept 3.
Redzone preview info 

rated:
KayK said:   
Goodell should not have been the one to make a decision about if Brady's suspension stands or not.

Well, yes, he is the only one who should be making the decision about Brady's suspension. Because that is exactly what is mandated by the CBA.

rated:
Does OP know the court artist?

rated:
discretion said:   Does OP know the court artist?Aww.. pretty boy sad. Pretty boy's fans mad. Poor pretty boy.. how will he ever be pretty again..

That's the bastard child of a frowning pretty boy and The Joker.

rated:
Pretty boy's fans not mad.

Federal judge explains that Goodell is a capricious and arrogant idiot.

Pretty boy's suspension overturned by Federal judge this morning because said idiot violated the CBA and had zero evidence with which to punish Pretty Boy.

Pretty boy is starting season opener again Pittsburgh, led by actual criminal Big Ben.

Pretty boy's fans ecstatic right now.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   

Pretty boy's suspension overturned by Federal judge this morning because said idiot violated the CBA and had zero evidence with which to punish Pretty Boy.

Judges ruling does not say Brady is innocent or there is not enough evidence at all.  Basically the ruling says Goodell can't arbitrarily decide what a punishment might be after the fact and that Goodell did not allow Brady enough access to investigators and case files.  In other words the judge ruled Goodell is a complete tool which I don't think too many of us disagree with.  The pretty boy is still undoubtedly guilty, he just gets away with it now due to Goodell incompetence.

rated:
JorgeBurrito said:   
mapatsfan said:   

Judges ruling does not say Brady is innocent or there is not enough evidence at all.  Basically the ruling says Goodell can't arbitrarily decide what a punishment might be after the fact and that Goodell did not allow Brady enough access to investigators and case files.  In other words the judge ruled Goodell is a complete tool which I don't think too many of us disagree with.  The pretty boy is still undoubtedly guilty, he just gets away with it now due to Goodell incompetence.

Actually, Judge Berman hammered the NFL about its lack of evidence concerning Brady and the state of the balls during the AFC title game.  All their work against Brady was based on texts earlier in the season.  He mentioned this specifically during his questioning.  There is zero evidence of Brady doing anything.

Berman didn't rule on the evidence, which he found to be completely lacking.  He did rule on the fact that The $44 Million Tool failed to conduct a fair process and ignored the CBA. 

rated:
mapatsfan said:   Regardless of Brady's private phone, between hiring Ted Wells and his report that would earn an F in a middle school science class, and the mismanagement of the players committing domestic violence last year, Roger Goodell has zero credibility left.

The NFL will lose in court for unfair labor practices to Brady and the NFLPA. If owners like Crackhead Irsay weren't jealous of Kraft, this would have been a non-incident. He was embarrassed that the Pats kicked the Ponies' asses after supposedly "legal" balls were introduced at half time of that game.

Called it!

rated:

Smile (17.29kB)
Disclaimer
New courtroom pic.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   
JorgeBurrito said:   
mapatsfan said:   

Actually, Judge Berman hammered the NFL about its lack of evidence concerning Brady and the state of the balls during the AFC title game.  All their work against Brady was based on texts earlier in the season.  He mentioned this specifically during his questioning.  There is zero evidence of Brady doing anything.

Berman didn't rule on the evidence, which he found to be completely lacking.  He did rule on the fact that The $44 Million Tool failed to conduct a fair process and ignored the CBA. 

You said it yourself, he did not rule on the evidence and it is not in his opinion that he found it completely lacking.  This was solely an indictment of Goodell.

rated:

I usually don't care if football is on tv...there is always something else on to watch, and the superbowl ads are often good.
However, our local tv tonight has the same exact game on cbs and abc...the SAME DAMN GAME at the same time!

No double-eviction BigBrother for me til I have time to watch it on demand in a few days.

rated:
Wooo! Go Browns! Our starting QB was 1-13 last year. Our backup QB is hurt. Our 3rd QB is hurt. Our #1 receiver hasnt caught a TD in two years and is in danger of being cut. Another receiver was a QB last season. And our running backs are all hurt or averaging about 2 yards a carry. Maybe the defense can score a lot... No wait we just cut the defensive guy we drafted #1 three years ago (at least that wasnt his fault, it was his knees). And the defensive guy we drafted in the first round last year would be cut already except he was a first rounder so they're going to let him be on the roster for now.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   Pretty boy's fans not mad.

Federal judge explains that Goodell is a capricious and arrogant idiot.

Pretty boy is starting season opener again Pittsburgh, led by actual criminal Big Ben.

Pretty boy's fans ecstatic right now.
Quite frankly.. I knew this was going to happen.
Brady had nothing (or almost nothing) to do with the whole thing.. The two who were got suspended.. and Patriots as an organization got penalized for it.
In a way, I want to see Goodell take the fall due to his mis-management of this, the Ray Rice case, and other similar cases.
Go Jets!

rated:
ESPN Outside The Lines is reporting today that Deflategate was used by Goodell as a "make-up call" 8 years later to punish the Patriots for Spygate, which happened back in 2007.

Goodell was trying to appease the other owners after they thought he wasn't tough enough back in 2007(only $750,000 in fines and a 1st round draft pick taken away), and he severely messed up last year with his failures on domestic violence cases and the concussion mess.

There is zero evidence that Brady, or anyone else in fact, did anything to the balls. The failure to follow any scientific method to collect data on ball inflation was the most glaring, the failure to follow labor law was the icing on the cake. Judge Berman even highlighted this lack of evidence in his decision.  From the NY Post:

"The judge also bolded the portion of his decision that said the Wells Report acknowledged that “our scientific consultants informed you that the data alone did not provide a basis for them to determine with absolute certainty whether or not there was tampering.” "

The NFL conducted a smear campaign for 7 months, releasing false information about the case to try and swing public opinion against Brady and force him to capitulate and take an undeserved suspension and fine. Goodell and the NFL tried to use Brady as a fall guy to appear tough; Brady and the NFLPA called his bluff and he lost.

If the NFL really follows through on the appeal, they will lose again, and most likely not until sometime next year. Judge Berman was very cautious in his decision, and the NY Post noted:

"The median appeal in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals lasts 10 months, according to court records, and just 7.5 percent of decisions are reversed."

By the way, the Jets probably won't make the playoffs this year and the Pats will probably win their 7th straight AFC East title.

rated:
now that Brady won his court battle, i think what we should all do this.............. avoid the Pittsburgh/NE game, dont even watch it, cause its a waste of time. so is brady. so lets lower the ratings, HA HA HA. well only the Boston and Pittsburgh areas can watch the game. but the rest of america has to watch something else. PERIOD

rated:
Sorry there's no ice dancing for you to watch tomorrow.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   Sorry there's no ice dancing for you to watch tomorrow.
Curling is far, far, far more fun to watch than "ice dancing"

rated:
We need a scandal over walkup ticket sales, so we can have a Gategate.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   By the way, the Jets probably won't make the playoffs this year and the Pats will probably win their 7th straight AFC East title.<sigh>
atleast Mets are doing good.

What i want to know now is why aren't there any actions being taken (by owners and/or players) against Goodell?
Owners probably hate Kraft & Co more then Goodell so they wouldn't do anything, but I don't see why NFLPA is not vocal about Goodell.
Nothing probably cant be done legally, but the Players Association has been relatively quiet after the Brady decision.

rated:
kamalktk said:   We need a scandal over walkup ticket sales, so we can have a Gategate.Or about his friend from down under.. MateGate

rated:
KayK said:   kamalktk said:   We need a scandal over walkup ticket sales, so we can have a Gategate.Or about his friend from down under.. MateGate
Our left tackle was out fishing with his dad on his draft day. He was the #3 overall pick, so being drafted wasnt exactly a surpise. BaitGate.

rated:
I hope Karma catches up with the Patriots and they LOSE all season!

rated:
A haiku.

Pats take care of Pitt.
Gotta love "Where is Roger"
Gronk is still a beast

Final score was closer than what I thought it would be. I thought Patriots would win by at least 2 TD.

Skipping 199 Messages...
rated:
Steelers are visiting the New England "A-holes" at Gillette this weekend for the AFC Championship. Pittsburgh's Mike Tomlin is also whining about having less time to prepare for the game.

We know this because a Pittsburgh player streamed the Tomlin's tirade to Facebook Live, doh.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017