• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Post your negative happenings here.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
It took 356 days for the last one to hit 500. That's less than 2 peeves per day! We are slipping.

rated:
haha...yeah I thought I did something to lock that topic, when I wrote the peeve "will this work on ringplus?".  I thought it was an OT pet peeve.....then I seen I was #500

rated:
Almost rear-ended a lady today. She proceeded to flip me off // curse me out. Don't think she realized that a) BOTH of her brake lights are out and b) you don't have to come to a complete stop when turning right onto a side street

rated:
You know what peeves me? When I leave the room to get something and then get distracted by something else (Swedish Fish in this instance) and forget to retrieve what I left the room for in the first place!!!
Nom nom nom nom.

rated:
and now the fishies are all gone

rated:
If you still remember what you wanted from the other room, you're doing better than me.

rated:
sublimosa said:   and now the fishies are all gone
  I hate that phrase!

rated:
st4rdust said:   Almost rear-ended a lady today. She proceeded to flip me off // curse me out. Don't think she realized that a) BOTH of her brake lights are out and b) you don't have to come to a complete stop when turning right onto a side street
DO WHAT ???

maybe when the light's green on your side...

don't go on vacation/retire to any southern locations ... thanx ...
 

rated:
st4rdust said:   Almost rear-ended a lady today. She proceeded to flip me off // curse me out. Don't think she realized that a) BOTH of her brake lights are out and b) you don't have to come to a complete stop when turning right onto a side street
You may have to come to a complete stop when trying to turn on a side street.

Don't blame her for your bad driving.

rated:
scrouds said:   
st4rdust said:   Almost rear-ended a lady today. She proceeded to flip me off // curse me out. Don't think she realized that a) BOTH of her brake lights are out and b) you don't have to come to a complete stop when turning right onto a side street
You may have to come to a complete stop when trying to turn on a side street.

Don't blame her for your bad driving.

  Allow me to clarify. The lady shouldn't stop, because st4rdust wont, and will push the lady onto the side street with her car.

rated:
TheRedBaaron said:   scrouds said:   
st4rdust said:   Almost rear-ended a lady today. She proceeded to flip me off // curse me out. Don't think she realized that a) BOTH of her brake lights are out and b) you don't have to come to a complete stop when turning right onto a side street
You may have to come to a complete stop when trying to turn on a side street.

Don't blame her for your bad driving.

  Allow me to clarify. The lady shouldn't stop, because st4rdust wont, and will push the lady onto the side street with her car.

Injuring the pedestrian in the crosswalk.

Learn. To. Drive.

rated:
scrouds said:   
TheRedBaaron said:   
scrouds said:   
st4rdust said:   Almost rear-ended a lady today. She proceeded to flip me off // curse me out. Don't think she realized that a) BOTH of her brake lights are out and b) you don't have to come to a complete stop when turning right onto a side street
You may have to come to a complete stop when trying to turn on a side street.

Don't blame her for your bad driving.

  Allow me to clarify. The lady shouldn't stop, because st4rdust wont, and will push the lady onto the side street with her car.

Injuring the pedestrian in the crosswalk.

Learn. To. Drive.

  I was hit by a car as a pedestrian in the crosswalk! 

rated:
scrouds said:   
TheRedBaaron said:   
scrouds said:   
st4rdust said:   Almost rear-ended a lady today. She proceeded to flip me off // curse me out. Don't think she realized that a) BOTH of her brake lights are out and b) you don't have to come to a complete stop when turning right onto a side street
You may have to come to a complete stop when trying to turn on a side street.

Don't blame her for your bad driving.

  Allow me to clarify. The lady shouldn't stop, because st4rdust wont, and will push the lady onto the side street with her car.

Injuring the pedestrian in the crosswalk.

Learn. To. Drive.

  I was only joking of course! 

rated:
Don't you get points for running people over? I learned that in that new driving education software, GTA.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   Don't you get points for running people over? I learned that in that new driving education software, GTA.
  Sorry, the points system is reserved for participants of Death Race 2000.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   Don't you get points for running people over? I learned that in that new driving education software, GTA.
Bonus points for baby carriages and the elderly.

rated:
Back to the vet. Someone sliced their pad and the back of their leg open last night. Still not 100% sure on what. Have to comb the yard

rated:
scrouds said:   Back to the vet. Someone sliced their pad and the back of their leg open last night. Still not 100% sure on what. Have to comb the yard
  Hope the critter's ok.

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   scrouds said:   Back to the vet. Someone sliced their pad and the back of their leg open last night. Still not 100% sure on what. Have to comb the yard
  Hope the critter's ok.

He is fine. 3 stitches and the wound is wrapped up for 3 days, then 7 days we get the stitches out. He's on pain meds and antibiotics and is eating normal again (we gave him some. Double cheeseburgers last night and ate that, but he didn't touch his regular food).

He's not even limping around right now. Now we just need to make sure he doesn't try to run or horseplay. Not going to be easy.

Found some metal sticking up behind the shed. Didn't see blood but it's a likely candidate

rated:
person driving about 13 mph in a 25 mph zone. Then stopped at a four-way stop sign intersection as if waiting for the stop sign to turn green. W T H.

rated:
Mealy apples

rated:
Plumber finally arrived to unclog slow tub drain (for which I am eternally greatful) yet he said he would be here today after 6PM. I wasn't going to be here then and gave permission for him and prop manager to come in while I was gone. Hmmm. Very glad they didn't catch me in the shower. It has put my whole schedule off.
Overall, though, blessedly fast draining water is good to have.

rated:
I always forget what I went into the other room to get or do. My husband calls it the threshold of forgetfulness. Always happens as soon as I enter the room. You are not alone  :-/

rated:
I do a lot of researching on the internet for work. I'll load up google and think to myself, "what was I wanting to search for?" Sometimes I remember and most of the times I don't.

rated:
I went to a dollar store yesterday to buy 4 things.  There was a woman in front of me buying 15 flowers.  Then she said she had to return 2 items from her last visit.  The cashier had no idea how to do a return.  Who the f#$% returns items at the dollar store?
 

rated:
Bought a package of hamburger buns that we were planning to use for dinner. Took out one to heat up. The bread is white bread but there was a questionable swirling of brown in the dough. An inspection of the package revealed that they were all that way. The brown "dough" was harder than the white, but not in the way whole wheat is different than white. Hard like it was sawdust.

Meanwhile, the fish sandwiches were spoiled having to be eaten on sandwich bread instead. 

rated:
Burgerwars has a thread posted "How bacon cheeseburgers are made". Knowing better than to open that on a work computer, I got out my cellphone and opened up the thread. Yup, sure enough, it's a picture of a pig mating with a cow

rated:
Once again, idiot HOLDING cellphone in his ugly blue Honda Fit while trying to merge into a lane one-handed without first signaling.

rated:
Keep calm and peeve on

rated:
My pet peeve: people. Who judge other people's relationships. Gay,but straight, free spending, tight with the finances, free spirited, controlling and demanding. Who are you to judge? Do you really think you're in a position to dictate the terms of other people's private relationships?

As a corollary to that, the person who talks bad about their relationship, purposely trying to elicit negative emotions about their partner to a 3rd party. Well it's only a peeve when they try to make that third party me.

rated:
had dinner with a friend last night at a casual place. There was a girl about 7 yo with a toddler in the group seated behind us. The girl was getting the kid all wound up by chasing him, shrieking so he would scream and basically being a bitchlet. The adults they were with were as Ill-mannered, which explains it all. My death ray stare wasn't effective. Losers!

rated:
Why is it when I go to plug in a 2 pronged cord into the electricity it is always the wrong way. It would seem I should have 50, 50 chance of getting it right since 1 prong in big an 1 prong is small.

rated:
People who pretend like nothing happened after an argument. Oh, it happened all right. Grow the fark up.

rated:
kirbydog said:   people who pretend like nothing happened after an argument. Oh, it happened all right.
  So you prefer to have an ongoing fight that never ends? *pokes KD with a stick*

rated:
moonbeam said:   
kirbydog said:   people who pretend like nothing happened after an argument. Oh, it happened all right.
  So you prefer to have an ongoing fight that never ends? *pokes KD with a stick*

  Ha ha! I think in this case, the person should own up to it. I tend not to argue because it is pointless. This makes arguers angry, however. One great skill I have learned in my work is to maintain a neutral tone, whether justified, necessary or whatnot. Neutral can thwart dissension and defensiveness.

rated:
kirbydog said:   
moonbeam said:   
kirbydog said:   people who pretend like nothing happened after an argument. Oh, it happened all right.
  So you prefer to have an ongoing fight that never ends? *pokes KD with a stick*

  Ha ha! I think in this case, the person should own up to it. I tend not to argue because it is pointless. This makes arguers angry, however. One great skill I have learned in my work is to maintain a neutral tone, whether justified, necessary or whatnot. Neutral can thwart dissension and defensiveness.
 

  
When I do this with two particular male colleagues, they get totally riled and accuse me of using "a tone".
 

rated:
Right on, sister Limo!!

rated:
My passive-aggressive landlady pulls into the driveway which is 2 ft from my front door and pounds on the horn to get her husband to come out to the car to carry stuff.

rated:
people stealing fruit from our plum tree when they aren't even ripe yet. In retaliation we went out and picked about 8 lb of fruit that can be ripened so we can give them to our friends. One was a neighbor across the street who also fills our carts with his garbage in the middle of the night on pickup days. If he would ask we would tell him to fill it up since it takes us 3 weeks usually to fill it. Weirdo. He is the dude with the permanently installed piņata rope in their front yard for parties. @@

It it was kind of fun until the mosquitoes arrived. I picked up the fallen fruit. My guy discovered that he likes the basket fruit picker that has a 14 foot handle. It is fun! I will harvest the next round.

Skipping 140 Messages...
rated:
Insurance company rep's vacation coverage and lousy post-vacation attitude.

Had to call every day last week, no one covering for her, culminating in 1.5 hours straight on Thursday navigating their voicemail system trying to find a live person with whom I could speak. Get hold of her yesterday and she snarls when answering the phone. She does agree to find the fax sent last week, but then When I politely tell her that no one was covering for her answering their phone, or calling me back, she answers, "well that's what happens when you go on vacation."

No, that's not "what happens." You set up coverage for your vacation, and you should be in a much better mood after 11 days off.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016