Done With Amazon

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Text Only
rated:
Saw a Golf Driver on site sold by Amazon for $199, put in my cart and went right to checkout. Going from the cart to checkout the priced changed to $399. Huh, when I click "checkout" the price was $199 and then in checkout it is $399. Did a Customer chat and they told me it happens all the time and there is nothing anyone can do. I emailed Bezos the CEO at jeff@Amazon.com and he forwarded the email to one of his employees. Email response below.
Amazon has sucked for awhile prime is a joke, terrible streaming, two day shipping, yeah but doesnt mean you get it in two days. It means when they do ship it it will be two day shipping. I love they say free two day shipping for $99 a year. I heard bestbuy is giving away free Ipads for $500. Customer service just tell you to screw off now. I quess they have decided they are big enough and dont need us anymore

Hello Steve,

I'm Vijay Kumar from Amazon.com. Jeff Bezos received your email and asked me to respond on his behalf.

I completely understand your concern about the price change of the item in your cart. Yes, the price of the item in your cart may change before you place an order/at the time of check-out.

Your Shopping Cart will always reflect the current price and availability for an item displayed on the item's product detail page. The price and availability of an item in your Cart may differ from the price and availability you saw when you first put it in your Cart.

The price and availability of the items offered on our website are subject to change. Adding an item to your Cart doesn't lock in the price of that item, and it doesn't reserve the inventory available.

I realize you're upset, and I regret we've been unable to address your concerns to your satisfaction. However, we'll not be able to offer any additional insight or action on these matters, and any further inquiries on this matter won't receive a response.

We appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,

Vijay K.

Thank you.
Amazon.com

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
I've never had anything not get to me within 2 days with prime.

KayK said:   I've never had anything not get to me within 2 days with prime.
Same here.
I can't say the price changing crap hasn't pissed me right off a few times, but such is life.

I have been a customer at Amazon almost since their beginning. The site has changed tremendously over the years. It is trickier to shop there now simply as a result of third party sellers, Amazon Warehouse, and the wide range of prices for identical items rather than just one. I still like the convenience of Prime but recognize, just as with other retailers like Target, that their prices aren't always the best and that it is on the customer's head to figure that out.

Without Prime it's hard to use Amazon. Free shipping is $49+ now. I hardly ever order anything that high.

So B&M mostly for me now.

DenverDiver said:   Without Prime it's hard to use Amazon. Free shipping is $49+ now. I hardly ever order anything that high.

So B&M mostly for me now.

$49 now? yep I'm done too. Went to 35 was ok, but there is a limit and $50 is too high. Ol Bezo is trying to force people to get prime, he can stick it.

I had plenty of orders that didnt come in 2 days with prime, their response is that it will ship two day and sorry for the inconvenience. I dropped prime because the streaming is a joke old movies and tv shows. And when you get to the lastest episodes of a tv show they start to charge. There is nothing on Amazon I can't get from somewhere else cheaper and delivered for free. Even their own products can be found cheaper somewhere else and if not BestBuy, Target will meet the price and you get it right away. And with Target they meet the price and you get another 5% off with the red card. I Understand that the prices change every second on the site, but when you hit checkout that price should lock in atleast for a minimum amount of time so you can checkout. Not change at the checkout counter. And then be told basically to f yourself, we dont care. There must be pressure from wall street to turn a profit. Because Amazon has less profit then the pizza parlor in my neighborhood in the last twenty years. Bezos has basically made wall street drink his kool aid. It is the only company in history that became a huge company and not have to make a profit. 

freeze1617 said:   I had plenty of orders that didnt come in 2 days with prime, their response is that it will ship two and sorry for the inconvenience. I dropped prime because the streaming is a joke old movies and tv shows. And when you get to the lastest episodes of a tv show they start to charge. There is nothing on Amazon I can't get from somewhere else cheaper and delivered for free. Even their own products can be found cheaper somewhere else and if not BestBuy, Target will meet the price and you get it right away. And with Target they meet the price and you get another 5% off with the red card. I Understand that the prices change every second on the site, but when you hit checkout that price should lock in atleast for a minimum amount of time so you can checkout. Not change at the checkout counter. And then be told basically to f yourself, we dont care. There must be pressure from wall street to turn a profit. Because Amazon has less profit then the pizza parlor in my neighborhood in the last twenty years. Bezos has basically made wall street drink his kool aid. It is the only company in history that became a huge company and not have to make a profit. 
  yep anything really good has rental fee

Amazon is a cesspool of bad sellers. The feedback system does not even work since sellers can delete negative feedback if they have already settled it.

Amazon sucks if you buy from a 3rd party seller. I bought a item from a 3rd party seller that was suppose to covered by Amazons return policy, since it was fullfilled by Amazon. The item arrived in pieces, called Amazon and was told I have to contact seller, not there problem. I email seller and they never respond. So I dispute the charge. I get a email a few days later from Amazon to please repay for item since we are now not getting paid for it. I send a email that it was broken and will not repay. They respond to return it. Then twenty minutes later another email comes saying that they will handle the dispute from there end and I need to do nothing. I won the dispute and threw the broken crap away. They just have this F you attitude now, to big for there own good.

freeze1617 said:   Saw a Golf Driver on site sold by Amazon for $199, put in my cart and went right to checkout. Going from the cart to checkout the priced changed to $399. Huh, when I click "checkout" the price was $199 and then in checkout it is $399. Did a Customer chat and they told me it happens all the time and there is nothing anyone can do. I emailed Bezos the CEO at jeff@Amazon. com and he forwarded the email to one of his employees. Email response below.
Amazon has sucked for awhile prime is a joke, terrible streaming, two day shipping, yeah but doesnt mean you get it in two days. It means when they do ship it it will be two day shipping. I love they say free two day shipping for $99 a year. I heard bestbuy is giving away free Ipads for $500. Customer service just tell you to screw off now. I quess they have decided they are big enough and dont need us anymore

Hello Steve,

I'm Vijay Kumar from Amazon. com. Jeff Bezos received your email and asked me to respond on his behalf.

I completely understand your concern about the price change of the item in your cart. Yes, the price of the item in your cart may change before you place an order/at the time of check-out.

Your Shopping Cart will always reflect the current price and availability for an item displayed on the item's product detail page. The price and availability of an item in your Cart may differ from the price and availability you saw when you first put it in your Cart.

The price and availability of the items offered on our website are subject to change. Adding an item to your Cart doesn't lock in the price of that item, and it doesn't reserve the inventory available.

I realize you're upset, and I regret we've been unable to address your concerns to your satisfaction. However, we'll not be able to offer any additional insight or action on these matters, and any further inquiries on this matter won't receive a response.

We appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,

Vijay K.

Thank you.
Amazon. com

Honestly, I'd be more interested in the email you wrote to them. Care to share that with us?

Incidentally, my subscribe and save order delivered on Monday and was not packaged in a careful enough manner. Heavy items crushed the packaging of lighter weight items so I sent that feedback to Amazon and received a response offering refunds or replacements of items damaged even though I stated that the products themselves were not technically damaged, One was a box of 12 Kind bars that I would not have opened right away but the box delivered crushed and opened. The cost of the 2 items with damaged packaging is nearly $40 of my order totaling $80 and I appreciate this level of customer service.

Recently, Amazon saved my backside, three display port to HDMI adapters, free next day shipping.
Arrived before noon the next day as promised.

minifan said:   Amazon is a cesspool of bad sellers. The feedback system does not even work since sellers can delete negative feedback if they have already settled it.
I really wish Amazon would eliminate the third party sellers and the self published "books" and revamp their search function. Every time I search for something the results are 90% garbage and I get tired of scrolling through all the crap, looking for the stuff I actually want to buy. 

Also, Amazon prime shipping is totally dependent on your locale. When I lived in the NYC metro area, same day and next day delivery was common. When I moved to New Orleans that all changed. Shipping became ridiculously slow. They often fail to even ship the order within the delivery time frame. When my prime membership ended I did not renew. 

We just got prime now. I can get a jar of cheese wiz delivered to me in an hour.

And I looked at some prices they seem to be matching publix very closely. Might have to try it

I'm getting tired of them cancelling my orders of stuff from the Warehouse several days after I order saying they can't locate the item.

And of them sending out broken items they describe as like new. Like a fox garden statue with the head and foot broken off.
The foot wasn't even in the box so I know it didn't happen in shipping.

I really dont understand why anyone would pay $100 a year for prime? It is not free shipping you paid upfront for it, so now Amazon knows you will use the site in a attempt to make it worth it. But everything you can get for free shipping somewhere else and save the $100. The streaming is reruns and old movies. Prime is for suckers

I have two Amaz0n warehouses in the county I live in. Never bothered with Prime, most of my super saver shipping stuff arrives in 3 days, the rest will come 5 to 7 days later.

Amaz0n isn't always the best price, on a number of occasions, I've found the exact same item for less at eb@y. Or at W@lmart

This like saying Costco is for suckers. For me, Costco doesn't compute out and for others, it's a great place.

ZenNUTS said:   This like saying Costco is for suckers. For me, Costco doesn't compute out and for others, it's a great place.
  Huh? Can you shop at costco without membership? Can you shop Amazon without prime? Why would I give them $100 then? For the great streaming? For something that everyone one else will price match. Free shipping? Its not free you paid upfront for it. BTW Costco is $55 a year
plus Costco is great to employees, Amazon runs a sweatshop and is horrible and bullies employees

Costco carry nothing exclusive either, you can buy Kirkland brand stuff from... Amazon. It's the convenience of doing the shopping there.

Amazon is one of the highest paying company.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/the-10-highest-paying-com...

I know a lot of Amazon folks, it's not better (well, higher pay) and the work hours aren't bad except during the holidays.

The Kirkland stuff on Amazon is sold by third party sellers who buy it at Costco and almost double the price. Can't buy some of the best meat around on Amazon but you can at Costco and for a decent price. And on and on...

People should try Congo, the next in the line of jungle named e-commerce sites.

/ no idea if that's really a site or not.

ZenNUTS said:   Costco carry nothing exclusive either, you can buy Kirkland brand stuff from... Amazon.  It's the convenience of doing the shopping there.

Amazon is one of the highest paying company.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/the-10-highest-paying-com... 

I know a lot of Amazon folks, it's not better (well, higher pay) and the work hours aren't bad except during the holidays.

Might want to recheck your facts. Amazon is a modern day sweatshop. 

freeze1617 said:     Might want to recheck your facts. Amazon is a modern day sweatshop. 
It's a fact now, I see. You sure have a low bar for stating something as fact, especially on such subjective matter.

If that's your main contention with Amazon. I wonder where you order stuff from with all the free shopping... China?

ZenNUTS said:   
freeze1617 said:     Might want to recheck your facts. Amazon is a modern day sweatshop. 
It's a fact now, I see. You sure have a low bar for stating something as fact, especially on such subjective matter.

If that's your main contention with Amazon. I wonder where you order stuff from with all the free shopping... China?you sound like a Amazon customer service

Huh?

I ordered an Intel CPU off Amazon a few years back. The next week Microcenter had cut the price of the CPU by $100. I sent an email asking for a price adjustment. I received the following reply:
Idiot scAmazon CSR said: We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change. While the Amazon. com website has accurate pricing information, we don't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:
So Microcenter was supposed to get Amazon 's permission before posting the CPU price on their own (Microcenter's) website?  I wonder how Microcenter feels about their Amazonian Overlords.

ZenNUTS said:   This like saying Costco is for suckers. For me, Costco doesn't compute out and for others, it's a great place.

Agreed, the $100 Prime is peanuts for the year's convenience of having stuff delivered very quickly, and a Costco membership is good value too. Quality meat from Costco, quality delivery from Amazon, I'm fine with paying to have access to both.

ganda said:   

Agreed, the $100 Prime is peanuts for the year's convenience of having stuff delivered very quickly, and a Costco membership is good value too. Quality meat from Costco, quality delivery from Amazon, I'm fine with paying to have access to both.

you must blow a lot of money.

ganda said:   

I keep my $100 and can still shop Amazon. I dont need my stuff that fast, rather keep my money then get ripped off.

I've gotten my money's worth this year just on the car parts I would have paid for fast shipping anyway.

Although it was a lot easier to stomach when it was a $40-50 student account rather than a $100 regular account. Might have to split it with a friend next year.

kamalktk said:   People should try Congo, the next in the line of jungle named e-commerce sites.

/ no idea if that's really a site or not.

I really miss Zayre. They would have killed it in this environment.

scrouds said:   I've gotten my money's worth this year just on the car parts I would have paid for fast shipping anyway.

Although it was a lot easier to stomach when it was a $40-50 student account rather than a $100 regular account. Might have to split it with a friend next year.

But would you really have paid for fast shipping on all those orders? I almost never choose to pay extra for the faster shipping options at any retailer. This is why paying $100 for prime seems ridiculous to me. And the people raving about it being such a great deal seem deranged.

moonbeam said:   
scrouds said:   I've gotten my money's worth this year just on the car parts I would have paid for fast shipping anyway.

And the people raving about it being such a great deal seem deranged.

<---------

It's less than the cost of a single gallon of gas per week.

ganda said:   
moonbeam said:   

And the people raving about it being such a great deal seem deranged.

<---------

It's less than the cost of a single gallon of gas per week.

It's also less than a penny a day if spread out over a century.

moonbeam said:   scrouds said:   I've gotten my money's worth this year just on the car parts I would have paid for fast shipping anyway.

But would you really have paid for fast shipping on all those orders? I almost never choose to pay extra for the faster shipping options at any retailer. This is why paying $100 for prime seems ridiculous to me. And the people raving about it being such a great deal seem deranged.

Yes. When I went to purchase the fan clutch, Amazon didn't have the aftermarket one I wanted (made in us), and the oem one was over $100 extra. So I paid rockauto to expedite it. Still had to wait a few days since I didnt want to go crazy. Almost all the Amazon tool and part purchases were shipped using same day/ next day over $35 free even with Sunday delivery

To offset the cost, I probably get back $20 or 30 in slow shipping credits when I don't want it right away.

moonbeam said:   

They are deranged. They're convinced that it is free two day shipping, because Amazon writes it that way. Also no one talks about how good the streaming, music and books are with Prime, why? because it is terrible. So you are paying them for shippping upfront. I can shop there also and pay them nothing for shipping. Why give them $100

That's interesting that they didnt honor the original price. I've added items to my want list at one price, only to see the price eventually go up, when it was time to order, i emailed Amazon CS and they replied they would honor the price i saved the item at, with a refund of the difference after purchase. When dealing w/ CS, i always try to use a kind and polite language, like "I was hoping to purchase this item at the price of XX.XX when saved to my wanted list" and close with "please let me know if Amazon would honor this. Thank you very much for your time on this small matter". I've done this many times with price matching as well.

A biggie I got once was a Casio pathfinder watch for $100, several months after it shot up to $350. Amazon has also done this with a pair of Keen work boots I ordered for $99 with one of their 20% off coupons (99 to 80), i needed a second pair, and they matched from 149 to 80 since the price went up.

Please, thank you and some kind words about how you like their service goes a long way. And dont forget a thank you response after they fulfill their end with the refund. The last 2 times i upgraded my iphone with ATT, they cant discount the phone but they'll throw a $100 credit on your bill- stay on the line and give them a positive survey.

violentkoala said:   That's interesting that they didnt honor the original price. I've added items to my want list at one price, only to see the price eventually go up, when it was time to order, i emailed Amazon CS and they replied they would honor the price i saved the item at, with a refund of the difference after purchase. When dealing w/ CS, i always try to use a kind and polite language, like "I was hoping to purchase this item at the price of XX.XX when saved to my wanted list" and close with "please let me know if Amazon would honor this. Thank you very much for your time on this small matter". I've done this many times with price matching as well.

A biggie I got once was a Casio pathfinder watch for $100, several months after it shot up to $350. Amazon has also done this with a pair of Keen work boots I ordered for $99 with one of their 20% off coupons (99 to 80), i needed a second pair, and they matched from 149 to 80 since the price went up.

Please, thank you and some kind words about how you like their service goes a long way. And dont forget a thank you response after they fulfill their end with the refund. The last 2 times i upgraded my iphone with ATT, they cant discount the phone but they'll throw a $100 credit on your bill- stay on the line and give them a positive survey.

I agree, Amazon customer service was more then helpful. But recently they arent. I thnk there is pressure to be profitable. 

Wife ordered phone case from Prime late yesterday afternoon, showed up this afternoon.

Skipping 24 Messages...
I will say Amazon is awfully sneaky. When you look at an item and it shows Next Day Prime for qualifying orders of >$35 and you go to check out, the default delivery method is 2 days. You have to change it to 1 day. A small thing if you know, but I've gotten burned by this several times.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017